How To Be A Good Christian

The Catholic church has nothing to do with Christianity other than that it is the counterfeit Satan set up in order to deceive the people, Dante'. Just toss out everything you've been told and let's go back to the Bible where the truth is at.

I find your interest to be refreshing! I'm glad for the opportunity to share a few things with you! Thank you!
You can't attack mother church without attacking the Apostles

?? where were you going?
A few posts asking people what the Samaritan woman with the Messiah message was all about? What is amusing is people will gloss over a woman speaking of the coming of the Messiah. Ignoring it is a Hebrew myth, not shared by others at the time. Of course people may hear of each others myths, but a non Hebrew would not be awaiting the coming of the Hebrew Messiah. Hebrews of that time were not very nice people to outsiders.

The Bible does not say here are the rules for being a good Christian in those exact words. Jesus DID say to use him as a model on how to treat others. He was God in human flesh (obviously, not everyone believes this).

Can you think of something Jesus did that you feel was morally wrong?
I have no idea who the supposed Christ was. Little too nothing exists on a historical Jesus. No written words of his own. A few books that claim to now his spoken words. All of the books share things, yet contradict each other. There were other books that strayed far from the gospels that a group of Bishops decided would be the only true gospels. There is no clear message in the gospels, but the Old Testament Bible is very clear on many things.

Have you ever read the Bible? How about Evidence that demands a verdict by Josh McDowell? There are many secular testimonies about Christ and his followers that confirm the historical truth of Christ's existence, Dante'.

Going back to your OP - Jesus did come for His Own but his own received him not and then he offered the Jews had rejected to the Gentiles and they received the Word with great joy! And became the sons and daughters of God. Those who have received Jesus Christ are grafted into the family of Abraham.

it is written:

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:11-13

You see, in the old covenant you were born into a Jewish family but as you can see by the book of Malachi the people had no desire to keep the law nor could they. Which is why Jesus Christ came as Messiah and all those who receive Him and keep His Commandments will enter heaven while those who do not will perish. That is the plan of God. That through Jesus Christ we would receive His righteousness before God Almighty. Otherwise? We could not enter in. Jesus Christ is the perfect sacrifice for our sins because he was without spot or blemish - he was without sin. What will happen to those who reject so great a salvation?

You see, Dante, the Jewish religious leaders knew that Jesus Christ was the Messiah but they feared being cast out of their synagogues and rejected by their peers so they rejected Him. As the Scriptures reveal - they loved the praises of men more than the praises of God. This is not only true of those particular people but of many people of all different cultures today! They prefer the praises of people over the praises of God and are unwilling to suffer persecution for the name of God.

The Catholic church has nothing to do with Christianity other than that it is the counterfeit Satan set up in order to deceive the people, Dante'. Just toss out everything you've been told and let's go back to the Bible where the truth is at.

I find your interest to be refreshing! I'm glad for the opportunity to share a few things with you! Thank you!
You can't attack mother church without attacking the Apostles

The Apostles had nothing to do with any "mother church". You are referring to the Babylonian occult religion which morphed into Catholicism by the Baal god worshipper Constantine. It has nothing to do with Christianity, Dante. Read Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop. You will find out a great deal of information when you read that book.

There is no mother church. The Queen of Heaven which Catholicism refers to as their mother is the Baal god worshipping witch Semiramis (wife of Nimrod and wife and mother of Tammuz) who was into human sacrifice. Her husband Nimrod was put to death by Noah's son, Shem, because he wanted to stamp out the Babylonian Baal worship Nimrod and Semiramis set up - today it is called Catholicism and they changed Semiramis's name to "Mary".. It is not the Mary of the Bible. And they do not worship the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

As you admit knowing very little about Christianity I believe you should consider the possibility that you have been misinformed about the Mother Church lie as well. Truly the Bible never once mentions Catholicism or a Mother Church nor a Pope nor making confession to Priests, nor making pennance, nor confessionals. The bible tells us to REPENT, not to do pennance. Big difference, Dante!

God is looking to have a relationship with you through His Son, Jesus Christ. There is no salvation in Roman Catholicism, it's idol worship, praying to statues, false teachings, and rituals which are almost identical to the rituals performed in a black mass by satanists. . Again, it is not a Christian. Have nothing to do with Catholicism.

Last edited:
?? where were you going?
A few posts asking people what the Samaritan woman with the Messiah message was all about? What is amusing is people will gloss over a woman speaking of the coming of the Messiah. Ignoring it is a Hebrew myth, not shared by others at the time. Of course people may hear of each others myths, but a non Hebrew would not be awaiting the coming of the Hebrew Messiah. Hebrews of that time were not very nice people to outsiders.

oh----the parable of the Samaritan lady at the well-------does not seem
to be an historical account to me-----but more like a typical Pharisee
parable. No doubt you will disagree. As to ignoring the messiah
myth--------as far as I know Samaritans are just as INTO the
"coming messiah" idea as are jews

Huh? :lol:

Dante agrees
more like a typical Pharisee parable

?? where were you going?

That wasn't a parable. That happened, Rosie. Jesus never told any parable in which his disciples were mentioned. Not once.

Here we go again. Yet another pissing contest about who is the better christian and who can post the most copy/pastes.

?? where were you going?

Dante', f you will read the full account of the John 4 Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 you'll find this woman went out to tell everyone she had seen the Messiah! This was not a myth! This is part of the historical account / testimony of a woman who encountered Jesus Christ at Jacob's well! Glory to God!

Here we go again. Yet another pissing contest about who is the better christian and who can post the most copy/pastes.

No one is copying and pasting information other than scripture, Luddly. That was copied and posted from a link - John Chapter 4 concerning the woman at the well because it is a very long chapter and a lot of writing. There is only one type of Christian. The one that repents of their sins, turns from their sin and receives Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and follows Him faithfully.

Those that endure until the end? The same shall be saved. If you do not endure to the end? You'll be in hell - Christian or not. Makes no difference.

The bible is clear. ALL liars, ALL adulterers, ALL fornicators, sorcerers, thieves, unbelieving, cowards.............
will be in hell. ALL as in ALL.

God isn't grading on a curve. You are either ALL His or None of His.

?? where were you going?

Dante', f you will read the full account of the John 4 Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 you'll find this woman went out to tell everyone she had seen the Messiah! This was not a myth! This is part of the historical account / testimony of a woman who encountered Jesus Christ at Jacob's well! Glory to God!

Brother, you have far more patience than I. God bless you but I have already tossed the towel in on these people. Romans 1:18 - 1:32.

The Bible does not say here are the rules for being a good Christian in those exact words. Jesus DID say to use him as a model on how to treat others. He was God in human flesh (obviously, not everyone believes this).

Can you think of something Jesus did that you feel was morally wrong?
I have no idea who the supposed Christ was. Little too nothing exists on a historical Jesus. No written words of his own. A few books that claim to now his spoken words. All of the books share things, yet contradict each other. There were other books that strayed far from the gospels that a group of Bishops decided would be the only true gospels. There is no clear message in the gospels, but the Old Testament Bible is very clear on many things.

You're right about the Old Testament being clear on things .. have you read Isaiah?

ISAIAH'S PROPHECIES OF THE MESSIAH

?? where were you going?

Brother, you have far more patience than I. God bless you but I have already tossed the towel in on these people. Romans 1:18 - 1:32.

I am a woman - Jeremiah was a prophet who warned the people to repent and they refused to listen - the nation was under judgment and the people were about to go into captivity and die yet they believed the false prophets who told them all is well. Jeremiah was deeply troubled over the sinful, rebellious state of his nation and became known as the weeping prophet. He remained faithful to the end although he didn't see any fruit for his labor - he knew he was called by God to warn the people to turn from their wickedness and repent to the Lord. That is why I chose his name for a screen name / writer's name.

As Christians we are called to warn the people that if they do not turn from their wickedness and give their lives to Jesus Christ and stay on the narrow path - they will likewise perish and end up in hell. It isn't a matter of patience. It is a matter of life and death and I cannot see leaving a trace of doubt behind here. So long as the people know the truth? That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man comes to the Father except through the Son, their blood won't be on my hands. I do not want to see a single person on this board perish. There is far too much false teaching abounding on the internet today. These people deserve to know the truth! They need help! How will they know the truth if no one is willing to give it to them? We must tell them the truth!

Last edited:
Jesus didn't come to condemn the world but to save it. Here is the message of the Gospel :

John 3 King James Version (KJV)

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

24 For John was not yet cast into prison.

25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying.

26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

King James Version (KJV)

?? where were you going?

I am a woman - Jeremiah was a prophet who warned the people to repent and they refused to listen - the nation was under judgment and the people were about to go into captivity and die yet they believed the false prophets who told them all is well. Jeremiah was deeply troubled over the sinful, rebellious state of his nation and became known as the weeping prophet. He remained faithful to the end although he didn't see any fruit for his labor - he knew he was called by God to warn the people to turn from their wickedness and repent to the Lord. That is why I chose his name for a screen name / writer's name.

As Christians we are called to warn the people that if they do not turn from their wickedness and give their lives to Jesus Christ and stay on the narrow path - they will likewise perish and end up in hell. It isn't a matter of patience. It is a matter of life and death and I cannot see leaving a trace of doubt behind here. So long as the people know the truth? That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man comes to the Father except through the Son, their blood won't be on my hands. I do not want to see a single person on this board perish. There is too much false teaching abounding on the internet today. These people deserve to know the truth! They need help! How will they know the truth if no one is willing to give it to them? We must tell them the truth!

I know. I also know they have no excuse. We have a church on every corner in America. The gospel is preached over radio and television 24/7. They have already heard and hardened their hearts.

?? where were you going?

As Christians we are called to warn the people that if they do not turn from their wickedness and give their lives to Jesus Christ and stay on the narrow path - they will likewise perish and end up in hell. It isn't a matter of patience. It is a matter of life and death and I cannot see leaving a trace of doubt behind here. So long as the people know the truth? That Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and that no man comes to the Father except through the Son, their blood won't be on my hands. I do not want to see a single person on this board perish. There is too much false teaching abounding on the internet today. These people deserve to know the truth! They need help! How will they know the truth if no one is willing to give it to them? We must tell them the truth!

I know. I also know they have no excuse. We have a church on every corner in America. The gospel is preached over radio and television 24/7. They have already heard and hardened their hearts.

Your post reminded me of these Scriptures:

It is written:

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

Some here have been given over to a strong delusion to believe a lie because they loved not the truth. Granted, this is true. But Jude also speaks of snatching those from the fire doesn't he? We have a call to persevere! We have to persevere because there are still people on this board being saved. Even now. There are people on this board that the Holy Spirit is drawing and saving and I thank God for it!!!

Scriptures from Jude.......

And of some have compassion, making a difference:

And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jude 1: 22-23

------
I know there are some folks on this board that would make people want to scream but the truth is they are hurting and some of them had terrible childhoods and some of them were orphans and some of them were raised by parents who were in the occult or in false religions such as Jehovah Witness, Islam, Catholicism, Mormon Temple, Hindu and Buddhist religions. Some of them are from Christian homes where the parents didn't live out their faith in front of them and so now they are out there in the world backslidden and the one sheep that Jesus left the 99 for was the lost one. If we are to walk as Jesus Christ did we'll have to dig down deep and press on until we find them and get them back to the Shepherd. Amen? Amen!

A reply

The Bible does not tell anyone how to be a good Christian.

and

The supposed historical Jesus Christ was a Jew, preaching only to Jews, and his earliest followers before, during, and after his death were all Jews​
Sure it does,get a red letter version of the NT read it.

Your post reminded me of these Scriptures:

It is written:

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

Some here have been given over to a strong delusion to believe a lie because they loved not the truth. Granted, this is true. But Jude also speaks of snatching those from the fire doesn't he? We have a call to persevere! We have to persevere because there are still people on this board being saved. Even now. There are people on this board that the Holy Spirit is drawing and saving and I thank God for it!!!

Scriptures from Jude.......

And of some have compassion, making a difference:

And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jude 1: 22-23

------
I know there are some folks on this board that would make people want to scream but the truth is they are hurting and some of them had terrible childhoods and some of them were orphans and some of them were raised by parents who were in the occult or in false religions such as Jehovah Witness, Islam, Catholicism, Mormon Temple, Hindu and Buddhist religions. Some of them are from Christian homes where the parents didn't live out their faith in front of them and so now they are out there in the world backslidden and the one sheep that Jesus left the 99 for was the lost one. If we are to walk as Jesus Christ did we'll have to dig down deep and press on until we find them and get them back to the Shepherd. Amen? Amen!

There are sinners who can be saved. These have a conscience and know right from wrong. These do not openly mock the Christ. Most of the ones on USMB are the scoffers, walking after their own lusts. These are demonically influenced and openly curse God, deny God, despise Christians and most often promote evil and depraved behavior.

How to be a good Christian? Pretend to care about people then hate gays, treat women as second class citizens and damn everyone else who doesn't agree with you to hell.

How to be a good Christian? Pretend to care about people then hate gays, treat women as second class citizens and damn everyone else who doesn't agree with you to hell.
Swallowed that,hook line sinker,and the boat,you don't know much about what you speak,but doa good job of repeating what you hear.

Forum List

Back