'How To Be a White Ally' posters say all white people are racist

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
New students at Pomona College were welcomed to campus with posters in their dorms giving instructions on “How to be a (Better) White Ally” and stating that all white people are racist.

The signs state white people should “acknowledge your privilege” and “apologize if you’ve offended someone,” adding that offensive language includes words like “sassy” and “riot,” which are “racially coded.”

“Everyone is problematic and even the most educated and well-intentioned people will screw up,” the poster states.

The sign then gives three steps for white allies to follow:

“1. Be prepared to make mistakes.

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

------------------------------------------------------------

White privilege everyone. Everywhere, white privilege. Poor black victims!!!!

Yeah, liberals!!! Yeah democrats!!!!!

I apologize for being such an awesome white guy.

New students at Pomona College were welcomed to campus with posters in their dorms giving instructions on “How to be a (Better) White Ally” and stating that all white people are racist.

The signs state white people should “acknowledge your privilege” and “apologize if you’ve offended someone,” adding that offensive language includes words like “sassy” and “riot,” which are “racially coded.”

“Everyone is problematic and even the most educated and well-intentioned people will screw up,” the poster states.

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

It's stuff like this idiocy that makes the Khymer Rouge and Pol Pot's purges of the intellectuals perfectly sensible after all.

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

Owl, is it your view that this single example of stupid is an example of rampant suppression of white students across our land?

It's only my opinion, but this seems to be a further example of schools taking on a job that should have been done in the home before the kid ever hit a schoolhouse door for kindergarten. We have a couple generations now of behaviors we once learned from parents being foisted onto schools and day care. Now we are paying the piper for our shucking this responsibility off onto strangers without giving them the authority to discipline. We can't go back and do it over, so the effort to ease race relations continues long after it should be habit, even to college and ad infinitum. It's way too late to correct any problems of racial bias.

One doesn't have to apologize for being white, nor does one need to kiss butt for the past of others to just extend common courtesy. That's all anyone wants, a little common courtesy.

I make no apologizes whatsoever for being white and totally awesome.

SJWs, bite me.

WOW!!!!! Thankfully that sort of lunacy didn't exist when I was in college 20+ years ago. I would have been expelled from the school very quickly after receiving that sort of asinine welcome to campus.

The upcoming generations are so thin skinned they can't even tolerate hearing something they don't agree with, something offensive, they can't handle diversity of thought. Hive-mind. These tinkerbells are our next leaders. This is what happens when everyone gets a trophy just for showing up, when you get rewarded with stickers and candies for doing your homework. They believe they are entitled to something special for doing what is expected rather than doing what is expected and taking pride in a job well done. smh

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

Owl, is it your view that this single example of stupid is an example of rampant suppression of white students across our land?

It's only my opinion, but this seems to be a further example of schools taking on a job that should have been done in the home before the kid ever hit a schoolhouse door for kindergarten. We have a couple generations now of behaviors we once learned from parents being foisted onto schools and day care. Now we are paying the piper for our shucking this responsibility off onto strangers without giving them the authority to discipline. We can't go back and do it over, so the effort to ease race relations continues long after it should be habit, even to college and ad infinitum. It's way too late to correct any problems of racial bias.

One doesn't have to apologize for being white, nor does one need to kiss butt for the past of others to just extend common courtesy. That's all anyone wants, a little common courtesy.
Wat8.jpg

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

I apologize for pushing a lawnmower when most of my friends were playing.
I apologize that my H.S. graduation gift was filling in a trench with dirt that was 6 ft deep, 3 ft wide, and 40 ft long in between mowing lawns and a full-time job.
I apologize for my parents not affording to pay for my education so I had to join the military to pay for it.
I apologize for working since I was 9 years old when 1 in 5 families were getting welfare and had no family members working.
I apologize for putting my life at risk serving in the military and getting shot at in some of the worst shitholes in the world.
I apologize for having to get up at 5 am every morning to go to work and pay my bills.
I apologize for not being able to find any grants or help with paying for continuing education after I retired from the military because I am white.

Gosh......I'm so ashamed that I have had it so easy.

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

I apologize that my H.S. graduation gift was filling in a trench with dirt that was 6 ft deep, 3 ft wide, and 40 ft long in between mowing lawns and a full-time job.
I apologize for my parents not affording to pay for my education so I had to join the military to pay for it.
I apologize for working since I was 9 years old when 1 in 5 families were getting welfare and had no family members working.
I apologize for putting my life at risk serving in the military and getting shot at in some of the worst shitholes in the world.
I apologize for having to get up at 5 am every morning to go to work and pay my bills.
I apologize for not being able to find any grants or help with paying for continuing education after I retired from the military because I am white.

White Privilege. Lawn mowers are racist and just won't start for black people, asshole, they're deliberately designed that way by white racist engineers and manufacturers. the same for language, mathematics, and everything else. Grow the fuck up!

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

Mudwhistle, you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I had much the same only I never knew anyone on welfare way back then. But I sense a defiant defensive posture in your post. I guess I can understand it, getting wrongly blamed for the disenfranchising actions of others. Similar to the way Obama gets blamed for the worst actions of people he will never meet

2. Listen and apologize.

3. Make sure to change.”

Mudwhistle, you have every reason to be proud of yourself. I had much the same only I never knew anyone on welfare way back then. But I sense a defiant defensive posture in your post. I guess I can understand it, getting wrongly blamed for the disenfranchising actions of others. Similar to the way Obama gets blamed for the worst actions of people he will never meet
The problem with Obama is he never learned a work ethic or the true value of a dollar that he earned. He's been spoiled as an only child and he was raised by Grandparents who could afford to send him to the best schools in the country. Schools that would never let my poor white ass in the door.

Am I resentful?

No. I think we should just learn to embrace the suck and stop blaming someone else for what life dealt us.

Forum List

Back