How to Deal with Ultra-Left Academia

Libs are like the local drug dealer - they want their "customers" to be totally dependent on them for their next fix (i.e government handout)

do you ever have anything other than the same old shopworn conservative platitudes? YOu have posted that same sentence about three dozen times in the last few weeks....it really does seem like you are not really a human being but some form of very crudely programmed newsbot....

sort of like those old "eightballs" you would ask them a question...shake them up and then one of a finite number of messages would appear...

do you ever have anything other than the same old shopworn conservative platitudes? YOu have posted that same sentence about three dozen times in the last few weeks....it really does seem like you are not really a human being but some form of very crudely programmed newsbot....

sort of like those old "eightballs" you would ask them a question...shake them up and then one of a finite number of messages would appear...

It is a great description of liberals

What other groups wants to keep their voters down, in poverty, dependent on government handouts, and unable to make it on their own without a government program?

The answer is liberals

It is a great description of liberals

What other groups wants to keep their voters down, in poverty, dependent on government handouts, and unable to make it on their own without a government program?

The answer is liberals

so...in answer to my question.... NO... you DON'T have anything other than the same old shopworn platitudes straight from Rush and Hannity.

It is a ridiculous and erroneous mischaracterization, as most intelligent thinking people well understand. Liberals do not want to keep voters in poverty. We want to empower voters and raise them OUT of poverty.... but I realize that, for someone as intellectually bankrupt as you, platitudes and aphorisms - and editorials - written by others is really all you've got.

so...in answer to my question.... NO... you DON'T have anything other than the same old shopworn platitudes straight from Rush and Hannity.

It is a ridiculous and erroneous mischaracterization, as most intelligent thinking people well understand. Liberals do not want to keep voters in poverty. We want to empower voters and raise them OUT of poverty.... but I realize that, for someone as intellectually bankrupt as you, platitudes and aphorisms - and editorials - written by others is really all you've got.

So why do libs fight any attempt to refrom the welfare state and Social Security?

Libs need people to be dependent on them so they will secure their votes

So why do libs fight any attempt to refrom the welfare state and Social Security?

Libs need people to be dependent on them so they will secure their votes

how does the democrat's opposition to Bush's risky social security privatization scheme translate into wanting to keep people poor?

How does wanting to make sure that older Americans have some sort of guaranteed nest egg mean that democrats want to keep voters in poverty?

how does the democrat's opposition to Bush's risky social security privatization scheme translate into wanting to keep people poor?

How does wanting to make sure that older Americans have some sort of guaranteed nest egg mean that democrats want to keep voters in poverty?

Risky?

To allow people to invest 2% of their OWN money so they will get a better return on their investment

Libs have this belief only libs can spend and invest people money better then the people who earn it

If you live long enought to collect you get maybe a 2% return

Why should I finance someone else retiremnt?

Why should someone else finance my retirement?

Risky?

To allow people to invest 2% of their OWN money so they will get a better return on their investment

Libs have this belief only libs can spend and invest people money better then the people who earn it

If you live long enought to collect you get maybe a 2% return

Why should I finance someone else retiremnt?

Why should someone else finance my retirement?

having a difference of opinion about the wisdom of Bush's privatization plan does NOT translate into democrats wanting voters to remain in poverty. that is just a silly political aphorism that you continue to spout that has no real intellectual underpinning. grow up.... can't you at least TRY to raise the level of this debate?

having a difference of opinion about the wisdom of Bush's privatization plan does NOT translate into democrats wanting voters to remain in poverty. that is just a silly political aphorism that you continue to spout that has no real intellectual underpinning. grow up.... can't you at least TRY to raise the level of this debate?

Translation - liberals can spend and invest people money better then they can; and hitting me with facts that is not fair

Translation - liberals can spend and invest people money better then they can; and hitting me with facts that is not fair

not at all...I merely want you to show me how disagreeing with Bush's privatization plan is synonymous with wanting to keep people IN POVERTY. Can you do that? (another question....let's see if you answer this one)
and again...you really need to understand the difference between "facts" and "opinions"

not at all...I merely want you to show me how disagreeing with Bush's privatization plan is synonymous with wanting to keep people IN POVERTY. Can you do that? (another question....let's see if you answer this one)
and again...you really need to understand the difference between "facts" and "opinions"

So you think people cannot get more then a 2% return on their SS money? Even a passbook savings account pays more then the current SS system

If you die before 67 at least your family gets the money in the passbook account

SS is a rip off and people are starting to see it

In a few more years, the system wil be broke and the amount of taxes needed to fund it will be so high workers and employers wil be unable to pay them

I asked you some rather specific questions.... can you at least TRY to address them?

"not at all...I merely want you to show me how disagreeing with Bush's privatization plan is synonymous with wanting to keep people IN POVERTY. Can you do that? (another question....let's see if you answer this one)

I asked you some rather specific questions.... can you at least TRY to address them?

"not at all...I merely want you to show me how disagreeing with Bush's privatization plan is synonymous with wanting to keep people IN POVERTY. Can you do that? (another question....let's see if you answer this one)

Libs do not want people to invest their own money - they might make more

If people can assume the role of taking care of their own retirement Dems would lose a large part of their power and voters (seniors)

The last thing libs want is for people to be able to take care of their own finances

and I posted before and you ignored...........

So you think people cannot get more then a 2% return on their SS money? Even a passbook savings account pays more then the current SS system

If you die before 67 at least your family gets the money in the passbook account

In a few more years, the system wil be broke and the amount of taxes needed to fund it will be so high workers and employers wil be unable to pay them

Libs do not want people to invest their own money - they might make more

If people can assume the role of taking care of their own retirement Dems would lose a large part of their power and voters (seniors)

The last thing libs want is for people to be able to take care of their own finances

and I posted before and you ignored...........

your opinion that people can make more by investing privately does NOT mean that democrats want to keep voters in poverty. Can't you understand that your hyperbolic rhetoric is just that?

your opinion that people can make more by investing privately does NOT mean that democrats want to keep voters in poverty. Can't you understand that your hyperbolic rhetoric is just that?

So why are they oppsoed? If people can better their lives why are Dems so against it?

It is either they want them to stay where they are or they do not care about their financial future

So why are they oppsoed? If people can better their lives why are Dems so against it?

It is either they want them to stay where they are or they do not care about their financial future

suggesting an either/or set of answers is ridiculous...it is a complex issue...and you cannot reduce it down to a soundbite.

They are opposed for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is the lack of guaranteed protection of the portfolio.... there is an element of risk that many deem too high.

suggesting an either/or set of answers is ridiculous...it is a complex issue...and you cannot reduce it down to a soundbite.

They are opposed for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is the lack of guaranteed protection of the portfolio.... there is an element of risk that many deem too high.

If people can better their retirement future, why are Dems against people investing 2% of THEIR money in their OWN retirement accounts?

Dems are more interested in their power is the correct answer

Even during the Great Depression the stock markert made gains. There is no "guaranteed protection" when investing, but you can find many low risk investments with better returns then SS

If people can better their retirement future, why are Dems against people investing 2% of THEIR money in their OWN retirement accounts?

Dems are more interested in their power is the correct answer

Even during the Great Depression the stock markert made gains. There is no "guaranteed protection" when investing, but you can find many low risk investments with better returns then SS

you say that there is no guaranteed protection when investing....that is the reason why those who view SS as a guaranteed retirement income do not want to see it put into investment vehicles that do not provide that guarantee.

Your opinion of what the "correct answer" is..is just that - an opinion. I don't share it...and I am still waiting for you to explain how having a difference of opinion about how SS funds are held by our government is snynoynous with the democrats WANTING TO KEEP VOTERS IN POVERTY.

Can you address that question?

you say that there is no guaranteed protection when investing....that is the reason why those who view SS as a guaranteed retirement income do not want to see it put into investment vehicles that do not provide that guarantee.

Your opinion of what the "correct answer" is..is just that - an opinion. I don't share it...and I am still waiting for you to explain how having a difference of opinion about how SS funds are held by our government is snynoynous with the democrats WANTING TO KEEP VOTERS IN POVERTY.

Can you address that question?

You STILL can get a BETTER RETURN in a passbook savings account then you get with Social Security. You can find many mutaul funds that provide modest returns with little risk

By doing this libs, would not have a hold over people - that is why they are oppsoed

Plus you ignore the fact that unless we scrap this program the money will not be there to fund this pyramid scheme

Again, why should I be financing someones elses retirement and visa versa?

You STILL can get a BETTER RETURN in a passbook savings account then you get with Social Security. You can find many mutaul funds that provide modest returns with little risk

By doing this libs, would not have a hold over people - that is why they are oppsoed

Plus you ignore the fact that unless we scrap this program the money will not be there to fund this pyramid scheme

Again, why should I be financing someones elses retirement and visa versa?

can you address my question please?

you really should stop peppering me with MORE questions until you have answered a few of mine.

I'll wait.

Forum List

Back