How To End The Heroin Epidemic

The heroin epidemic ends the moment you legalize heroin.

This may be a difficult concept for you tools to understand, but the drug trade thrives on illegalization. It is a very lucrative industry for the ruling class, and it also helps them control undesirables.

We should offer large doses of free heroin to all registered democrats.
Throw drug users, dealers, and manufacturers into prison, for a long, long time. Enforce border security, and bomb the fuck out of cartels in Mexico.

Or better yet, stop trying to run other peoples lives and legalize all drugs. The cartels only exist because of prohibition.

Liberal solution

1. Give addicts free narcan and clean needles.

Fine, but give registered democrats free, extremely pure heroin and dirty, HIV infected needles.

2. Make illicit drugs legal.
3. Increase voting population of stoned and drugged out citizens.
4. Continue unrestricted passage across Mexican border.
5. Refuse to articulate the terms "addict", "illegal drugs", or "illegal aliens" in public.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

My solution above will solve most of the problem.

The heroin epidemic ends the moment you legalize heroin.

This may be a difficult concept for you tools to understand, but the drug trade thrives on illegalization. It is a very lucrative industry for the ruling class, and it also helps them control undesirables.

I'm inclined to agree.

Jobs jobs jobs. Every time we find a tunnel we will just drop a bunker buster into it!
If you understood the level of available profit you would realize the only way to stop the flow of illegal drugs is to impose tyrannical police state methods, including random searches of residential and business premises, motor vehicles and persons. What I mean is any cop who feels like breaking your door down at 3AM would be free to do so -- as well as body searching you, your wife, sister or daughters, anytime and anywhere.

But in the same way that illegal drugs are available in prisons you may rest assured that nothing will completely impede the flow. Nothing. All you will do is limit the flow and raise the prices.

Once it's legalized it gets taxed, that lowers profits and undermines the drug trade.

Ten Years Ago Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs. What Happened Next? | The Fix

When the drug-drenched nation legalized all drugs within its borders, most critics predicted disaster. Instead drug use has plunged dramatically.

They did not legalize all drugs. They decriminalized them.

Basically they just force you into a reconditioning process.

Certainly a better system. The approach shouldn't be to give freedom for anyone to become an addict but to make the shift from punishment to educating the drug user to the fact that drugs are not the answer to his problem.

Adult use in Colorado has increased, and as pot becomes mainstream, use will eventually increase all around.
That hasn't been the case in the Netherlands, in Switzerland and in Portugal -- where all drugs have been legalized. Use has gone down. The reduction doesn't occur immediately but over time. As people become accustomed to the ready availability they tend to lose interest. It's called the lure of the illicit. People want what they can't have. Make it readily available and they start looking for reasons for not being bothered with it.

Just think of all the special interests the drug war serves: Start with the cartels and lesser dealers. If marijuana, alone, were legal the liquor industry would soon suffer. Same for the pharmaceutical industry, the drug-testing industry, the legal profession, the prison industry, the law-enforcement industrial complex and all the hucksters who make a living by promoting the drug war -- which they know damn well is wasteful and counterproductive.

The War on Drugs has been doing the same things over and over for decades with absolutely no positive effect, which either is one definition of insanity or the greatest con-job in world history.

Jobs jobs jobs. Every time we find a tunnel we will just drop a bunker buster into it!
If you understood the level of available profit you would realize the only way to stop the flow of illegal drugs is to impose tyrannical police state methods, including random searches of residential and business premises, motor vehicles and persons. What I mean is any cop who feels like breaking your door down at 3AM would be free to do so -- as well as body searching you, your wife, sister or daughters, anytime and anywhere.

But in the same way that illegal drugs are available in prisons you may rest assured that nothing will completely impede the flow. Nothing. All you will do is limit the flow and raise the prices.
You fail to understand me. I don't give a shit about heroin addiction or those stupid enough to take it. Have at it. Just don't try to crawl into my pocketbook.

The heroin addict started on pot, but it didn't have enough kick to it.
That notion supports the so-called "gateway" theory, which is nonsense. Marijuana, like Pepsi-Cola, coffee and Hershey bars is just one more thing the average heroin addict indulges in.

Hundreds of millions of very ordinary people enjoy marijuana. The percentage of those who use or will use heroin is barely measurable. There is absolutely nothing upon which to base the idea that using marijuana leads to using heroin or any other recreational substance.

It is sad people have to turn to drugs for happiness! Marijuana is detrimental to brain cells.

Adult use in Colorado has increased, and as pot becomes mainstream, use will eventually increase all around.
That hasn't been the case in the Netherlands, in Switzerland and in Portugal -- where all drugs have been legalized. Use has gone down. The reduction doesn't occur immediately but over time. As people become accustomed to the ready availability they tend to lose interest. It's called the lure of the illicit. People want what they can't have. Make it readily available and they start looking for reasons for not being bothered with it.

Just think of all the special interests the drug war serves: Start with the cartels and lesser dealers. If marijuana, alone, were legal the liquor industry would soon suffer. Same for the pharmaceutical industry, the drug-testing industry, the legal profession, the prison industry, the law-enforcement industrial complex and all the hucksters who make a living by promoting the drug war -- which they know damn well is wasteful and counterproductive.

The War on Drugs has been doing the same things over and over for decades with absolutely no positive effect, which either is one definition of insanity or the greatest con-job in world history.

You fail to account for demographic differences from those European countries compared to ours. Just like their gun laws, it's irrelevant whether or not the government makes it illegal, white Europeans are able to control themselves if "bad things" like drugs or owning a gun is legal.

The same cannot be said for negroes and Latinos. Allowing them to have access to such things is disastrous.

I just read an article the other day that was done by some big university. Heroin was the #1 most addictive drug, Opioids were up there, tobacco, alcohol, and barbiturates. Marijuana wasn't in the top 5.

Putting drug users and sellers in jail, especially with mandatory sentences doesn't work. It hurts the budget, not only because of prison operating costs, but because it then leaves children without parents and creates a never ending cycle. Is there an easy answer? Nope.
You're quite right in everything you've said.

Allow me to add that nicotine is more addictive than heroin. The main difference is the nicotine addiction takes longer to neurologically adhere but once it does it is far more difficult to withdraw from.

The average heroin junkie can fully withdraw ("kick") after six months of total abstinence -- and many do. But the nicotine addiction is extremely tenacious.

I smoked cigarettes for 35 years. In 1985 I was convinced to quit by a very effective public education program. In place of smoking cigarettes I started chewing Nicorette gum and sucking on Tootsie Roll lollipops.

The compulsive craving was almost unbearable for the first week and remained extremely tormenting for several months before it started to very slowly lessen. But I can say quite truthfully it was several years before the craving was totally under control. The most difficult times were right after meals, when drinking coffee, or when being near someone who smoked.

So I smoked my last cigarette in 1985 and I can say I'm a non-smoker. But every now and then that goddam craving pops up and I experience the distracting urge to light up a cigarette and draw in a lungful of smoke. It only lasts for a minute or two but it represents what an addiction is. More than thirty years have passed since I quit smoking and the compulsion still pops up now and then.

So don't think heroin is in any way a more dangerous drug than nicotine. Because infinitely more people die from or are made very sick from smoking cigarettes than from using heroin -- and that includes the most degenerate, nodding-out junkies.

The number of people who can't work due to pot addiction (now called mental illness) has made the homeless situation outrageous.

Forum List

Back