How to fund the wall - civil forfeiture for being an illegal alien in the US

Let's implement civil forfeiture for illegal aliens. Government can take their cars, bank accounts, wires to Mexico, whatever they want. That money can be used to build a big, beautiful wall. It can also be used to fund electronic surveillance of the wall, hire more border agents. And ... in reality Mexico is paying the bill for that like Trump promised.

Win, win, right?

I'd rather just tax money transfers out of the U.S. to Mexico.

Let's implement civil forfeiture for illegal aliens. Government can take their cars, bank accounts, wires to Mexico, whatever they want. That money can be used to build a big, beautiful wall. It can also be used to fund electronic surveillance of the wall, hire more border agents. And ... in reality Mexico is paying the bill for that like Trump promised.

Win, win, right?

And let illegal aliens stay here? You know my plan isn't just about funding the wall, right?

Yeah there’s a few degrees of separation there. It’s actually taxing mostly people sending money to poor people in Mexico who use it to pay for the essentials of life. By the time it gets to the Mexican government it is a fraction of what was originally sent. It’s not “we are building a wall and Mexico is paying for it”. Like I said, the spin is dizzying.

Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well. There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here
You think illegal aliens are the only ones sending money back to Mexico? Really?
So my choices are that the entire $69 billion is illegal aliens or none of it is. And I thought you were stupid. Nailed it!
You just called them poor bank robbers. So how much of the $69 billion are they responsible for? And who is responsible for the rest?

That isn't what I said, you're a fucking idiot
Then I apologize. What were you trying to say?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well. There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here
You think illegal aliens are the only ones sending money back to Mexico? Really?
So my choices are that the entire $69 billion is illegal aliens or none of it is. And I thought you were stupid. Nailed it!
You just called them poor bank robbers. So how much of the $69 billion are they responsible for? And who is responsible for the rest?

I accept, and it was an analogy.

You seriously don't get this? "Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well. There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here"

You seriously don't get this? "Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well. There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here"
So you were referring to illegal aliens as the poor bank robbers... I get it was an analogy.

So let me see if I understand your point...
We should tax the outgoing money to Mexico to pay for the wall because it is coming from illegal aliens who shouldn’t be here anyways. Is that right?

Win, win, right?

And let illegal aliens stay here? You know my plan isn't just about funding the wall, right?

Civil forfeiture laws are often abused - I don't like it. People assets are taken and they have to prove their innocence.

What funding, I thought Mexico was paying for it. And liking it?
MAGA!
Apparently Mexico is paying for it by a proposed tax on money that people in the US send to poor people in Mexico

So the Mexican government is NOT paying for it? Not so MAGA.
No since the money being taxed then less money will be sent to the poor people in Mexico. And from this pool of less money, it will be spent by the poor people and then taxed by the Mexican government which means the Mexican government will make less revenue off of it. And that’s how Mexico is paying for the wall. #TrumpsterLogic

Win, win, right?

Better idea...seize all assets from anyone who hires them.

Trump and Romney can pay for it.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11...legal-immigrant-workers-union-settlement.html

So you were referring to illegal aliens as the poor bank robbers... I get it was an analogy.

No, you didn't, you said "You just called them poor bank robbers." That means you did NOT grasp it was an analogy. Even though I said, "Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well"

We should tax the outgoing money to Mexico to pay for the wall because it is coming from illegal aliens who shouldn’t be here anyways. Is that right?

Yet again, I'm going to go back to what I already said: "There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here."

You still have added zero to what I clearly said in the first place

Win, win, right?

Civil forfeiture laws are often abused - I don't like it. People assets are taken and they have to prove their innocence.

In this case, you only have to prove you are a citizen of the United States. What ambiguity do you see in that?

What funding, I thought Mexico was paying for it. And liking it?
MAGA!
Apparently Mexico is paying for it by a proposed tax on money that people in the US send to poor people in Mexico

So the Mexican government is NOT paying for it? Not so MAGA.
No since the money being taxed then less money will be sent to the poor people in Mexico. And from this pool of less money, it will be spent by the poor people and then taxed by the Mexican government which means the Mexican government will make less revenue off of it. And that’s how Mexico is paying for the wall. #TrumpsterLogic

Oh, ok so Mexico us really not paying for the wall! MAGA!

No, you didn't, you said "You just called them poor bank robbers." That means you did NOT grasp it was an analogy. Even though I said, "Gotcha, we should let poor bank robbers send the money they illegitimately acquired to their families as well"

Yet again, I'm going to go back to what I already said: "There is in fact no legitimate way for an illegal alien to make money here."

You still have added zero to what I clearly said in the first place
You misunderstood my comment. I don’t care that you called them poor bank robbers. I was taking issue with your larger arguement, that taxing money sent to Mexico is justified because it’s being sent by illegal aliens... do you any idea how much is sent by illegal vs legal citizens?

Win, win, right?

Better idea...seize all assets from anyone who hires them.

Trump and Romney can pay for it.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/nyregion/trump-tower-illegal-immigrant-workers-union-settlement.html
We have more jobs available than people looking for jobs. Why are we building a Great Wall when we should be making the legal immigration process quicker and easier and get more people here to grow our country?

Win, win, right?
Rather than wasting money on Trump’s wall of bigotry and hate, spend it instead on education.

Win, win, right?
Not all illegals are from Mexico dumb ass. People like you are illegal to be on earth...fucking embarrassing.

Maybe we should harvest them for transplant organs, too. I mean, why not, as long as we are being cruel and racist, let's go all out.

upload_2018-6-8_5-22-24.jpeg

Forum List

Back