How would Uber and the STATE OF MINNESOTA be "IRREPARABLY HARMED" by the temporary travel ban?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sounds like a bunch of shit to me.

The travel ban is perfectly within the rights of POTUS to implement.

The temporary ban on the temporary ban is NOT because POTUS doesn't have the authority to sign the EO....it's because Uber and Minnesota (AMONG OTHERS like Apple) have claimed they would be "IRREPARABLY HARMED" by the temporary ban.

I'd like to see the reconciliation of those finances.

The temporary ban on the temporary ban is NOT because POTUS doesn't have the authority to sign the EO....it's because Uber and Minnesota (AMONG OTHERS like Apple) have claimed they would be "IRREPARABLY HARMED" by the temporary ban.

Let's see; The majority of Uber contractors, the majority of Apple employees, Minnesota? Who cares.

Their smug superiority complex might take a hit, how can they feel righteous and atone for past transgressions without battling white
privilege every day

Let's see; The majority of Uber contractors, the majority of Apple employees, Minnesota? Who cares.

I am not following....are you saying that "A MAJORITY OF APPLE EMPLOYEES ARE FROM THOSE 7 NATIONS"?

I am not following....are you saying that "A MAJORITY OF APPLE EMPLOYEES ARE FROM THOSE 7 NATIONS"?

I thnk some are-----or have relatives who are------or have had neighbors at one time who have relatives who are

I thnk some are-----or have relatives who are------or have had neighbors at one time who have relatives who are

There might be "SOME" Apple employees from those nations...

...however, APPLE HAS 115,000 employees.

I would like to see EXACTLY how many Apple Employees are citizens of those 7 nations and the direct financial impact on Apple.

These companies and municipalities are citing, "IRREPARABLE DAMAGE" would be inflicted on them by the TEMPORARY TRAVEL BAN FROM THOSE 7 NATIONS.

I'd like to see the SPECIFIC AND EXACT numbers of the financial impact on Apple.

I'll help out the snowflakes because they hate to read.

FROM THE POSTED ARTICLE:

Note what this means.....there is no quantifiable monetary impact on these companies...it's all bullshit.

Why didn't the EXACT SAME NEGATIVE IMPACTS APPLY WHEN OBAMA DID THE IRAQ TRAVEL BAN?

Ninety-seven US tech firms, including Apple, Microsoft, Google, eBay and Lyft
America proudly describes itself as “a nation of immigrants”. Immigrants make many of the Nation’s greatest discoveries and create some of the country’s most innovative and iconic companies. Immigrants are among our leading entrepreneurs, politicians, artists and philanthropists. The experience and energy of people who come to our country to seek a better life for themselves and their children – to pursue the “American Dream” – are woven throughout the social, political, and economic fabric of the Nation.

[Trump’s executive] order effects a sudden shift in the rules governing entry into the United States, and is inflicting substantial harm on US companies. It hinders the ability of American companies to attract great talent; increases costs imposed on business; makes it more difficult for American firms to compete in the international marketplace; and gives global enterprises a new, significant incentive to build operations – and hire new employees – outside the United States.

Here is an example of a "REAL REASON":

Apple says, "30% of our overall workforce is from these 7 nations, and if there is a temporary travel ban, Apple will lose $150 million in revenue as itemized below...."

That's an actionable reason.

The snowflake reason of, "Workers won't want to come to America in the future because of a 90 day travel ban." is UTTER BULLSHIT.

are there going to be UBER LIVES MATTER marches?

They are called minimum wage lawsuits. For instances, the basic revenue for an UBER contractor in Vegas is 0.99 cents per mile. Expenses are 0.68 cents per mile. Now do the math.

I would like to see EXACTLY how many Apple Employees are citizens of those 7 nations and the direct financial impact on Apple.

These companies and municipalities are citing, "IRREPARABLE DAMAGE" would be inflicted on them by the TEMPORARY TRAVEL BAN FROM THOSE 7 NATIONS.

I'd like to see the SPECIFIC AND EXACT numbers of the financial impact on Apple.

How many is some?

How many is some?

I don't know that number. Apple does.

I'd like to see Apple's numbers on EXACTLY how many employees are from those 7 countries and what EXACTLY is the direct financial impact on Apple. They have the burden of proving their total financial losses from the ban.

How many is some?

I'd like to see Apple's numbers on EXACTLY how many employees are from those 7 countries and what EXACTLY is the direct financial impact on Apple. They have the burden of proving their total financial losses from the ban.

So you should wait to read the lawsuit.

How many is some?

Fortunately, I am not an official of the court. I can say whatever the fvck I want to say about the lawsuit that says APPLE will be irreparably damaged by a temporary travel ban from 7 countries.

Also, I DID read the lawsuit filed by Minnesota.

It's absolute nonsense.

Last edited:

Well you could always read the complaint and legal memoranda, that are online and that I linked once before and won't again.

Well you could always read the complaint and legal memoranda, that are online and that I linked once before and won't again.

I read plenty of source documents on the subject. "UNCERTAINTY" about the travel ban does NOT mean "UNCONSTIUTIONAL"

Here is the ACTUAL COURT FILING FROM WASHINGTON AND MINNESOTA.

http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/1lori020217.pdf

"The Executive Order has had immediate and significant effects in Minnesota.

According to the American Community Survey data from the U.S. Census Bureau, as of 2015,

over 400,000 of Minnesota’s approximately 5.4 million residents were born outside the United

States, including more than 30,000 from Somalia, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Yemen. These

Minnesotans now face considerable uncertainty about whether they may travel overseas or

whether relatives may visit or move here
."

How many is some?

Fortunately, I am not an official of the court. I can say whatever the fvck I want to say about the lawsuit that says APPLE will be irreparably damaged by a temporary travel ban from 7 countries.

Also, I DID read the lawsuit filed by Minnesota.

It's absolute nonsense.

Why was it nonsense?

Forum List

Back