How would you be able to function if you only had 3-5 hours of sleep a night?

How would you be able to function if you only had 3-5 hours of sleep a night?

I suspect you'd sound and act like Bobcat Goldthwait after some time...

Just a working theory... ;)

I ask because in essence, this is what I have had to endure for months now. The odd day I will get 8-10 hours, usually I have to forego a task on the weekend and just sleep for this to occur but regardless.

How would any of you function? How would the rest of your health suffer due to one issue (pain behind left eye, headaches, numbness etc) impacting your sleeping patterns?

I can only surmise how little R.E.M sleep I enjoy on an average night.

4-5 hours is me too. It is bad.

In the old days, before politics was life or death, I never cared much about it. Now, you have to watch politics like a hawk to see if dems have made you a felon overnight.

fascists.jpg

It’s weird how some people almost seem proud of the fact that they only get 3-5 hours of sleep a night

I am not proud of that just stating facts about how much I sleep.
I wasn’t necessarily referring to you. There’s a lot of people out there who live insane, hectic schedules and seem proud of it and seem to imply the everyone else is a slacker

Lack of sleep is a big factor in our health crisis in america. Add to that the typical american diet full of sugar and processed chemicals. It's like a snowball gaining size as it rolls.

I wasn’t necessarily referring to you. There’s a lot of people out there who live insane, hectic schedules and seem proud of it and seem to imply the everyone else is a slacker

I average about 5 hours a night, some night I get 6, some I get 4. It is not due to insane, hectic schedules, it is just what my body seems to need as I wake up and cannot get back to sleep.

I would love to be able to sleep more

I ask because in essence, this is what I have had to endure for months now. The odd day I will get 8-10 hours, usually I have to forego a task on the weekend and just sleep for this to occur but regardless.

How would any of you function? How would the rest of your health suffer due to one issue (pain behind left eye, headaches, numbness etc) impacting your sleeping patterns?

My sleep varies. On average, anywhere between 5 to 6 hours, some nights 4 and others about 8. Sometimes it catches up and I grab an afternoon nap.

James took this video of me last time I was shorted on sleep-

When it comes to sleep, I am a weakling. I need 7 hours a night and although I can occasionally get less, my "performance" (as a retired guy) suffers, as well as my attitude.

There was one period long ago when I was in the Army and I had to make do with 5 hours a night during the week. I slept until 3-4pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Some people need more sleep and some people need less, but nothing good can happen when you deprive yourself of what your body has become accustomed to.

When I worked the overnight (11-7) shift, we often played 18 holes with an 8 a.m. tee off time. I felt great until the 14th or 15th hole and then I wished for the round to be over but being tired encouraged me to concentrate on each shot because I didn`t want to spend time looking in the woods for my golf ball. We walked 18 holes.

Very little sleep is the new "norm" for me since my daughter died. Sometimes, like last night, I get about 15 minutes of sleep and then I'm up, wide awake. Usually, I get about 4 hours though. I rarely sleep more than that.

Have you been to an opthamologist to have the pain around your eye looked into?

The older I get the more I appreciate the importance of a good night sleep

Forum List

Back