How'd We Miss Comment on Trump's Presser Yesterday?

All businesses attract the public...it's why they're in business, you dolt! Why can't a restaurant practice the same things as grocery stores that have been open throughout this pandemic?

Restaurants and bars rely on VOLUME. Hard to get volume when your patrons are six feet apart...if they're confidant enough to even be THAT close
He thinks it's proper to let individual Governors make the call on what's good for THEIR citizens! That a one size fits all approach to governance is seldom the right thing to do.
A chaotic and haphazard response to a NATIONAL problem is not conducive to success. There needs to be coordination and leadership.

That SHOULD be Trump's job but....yea....

Trump avoided making any forceful comments about “shutting down” the economy. Why? Because he didn’t want to accept responsibility for it.

Now, he will avoid doing anything when it comes to using his bully pulpit to force any governors to “open up” the economy. He will wait until he sees if the economy improves. Then he will take credit.

He’s a shit. And you assholes love him for it.
If you'd watched the presser (which you obviously didn't do EITHER!) you'd have heard Trump address that very topic. He thinks it's proper to let individual Governors make the call on what's good for THEIR citizens! That a one size fits all approach to governance is seldom the right thing to do.

I know what he said, shithead. He’s doing exactly what I said he’s doing.

His only concern is himself. He will say whatever he thinks will help him. Period.

Shithead? Oh my...someone's triggered! What exactly in his presser do you think shows his only concern is himself?

All businesses attract the public...it's why they're in business, you dolt! Why can't a restaurant practice the same things as grocery stores that have been open throughout this pandemic?

Restaurants and bars rely on VOLUME. Hard to get volume when your patrons are six feet apart...if they're confidant enough to even be THAT close
He thinks it's proper to let individual Governors make the call on what's good for THEIR citizens! That a one size fits all approach to governance is seldom the right thing to do.
A chaotic and haphazard response to a NATIONAL problem is not conducive to success. There needs to be coordination and leadership.

I ran nightclubs for the better part of 40 years...I've got a good idea what bars and restaurants rely on! Let me ask you a question...which do you think is better for a bar or restaurant...being half full because of social distancing...or being empty because you've been closed down? Don't rush your answer...it's a tough one to figure out! (eye roll)

I ran nightclubs for the better part of 40 years...I've got a good idea what bars and restaurants rely on! Let me ask you a question...which do you think is better for a bar or restaurant...being half full because of social distancing...or being empty because you've been closed down? Don't rush your answer...it's a tough one to figure out! (eye roll)
If that were true then you would understand what the overhead on those places is and the need for volume you DON'T get being a quarter or third full

Last edited:
If that were true then you would understand what the overhead on those places is and the need for volume you DON'T get being a quarter or third full
Stop! I can't face the prospect of my favorite diner not coming back!!!! It's the first thing I'm gonna do when they let me out!!

I notice that Old Lady has decided this isn't a place she wants go be anymore. Must be because she's figured out that she's "ripe for the picking"?

Now we get to watch Winger spout nonsense for another 100 posts? Is there a bigger waste of band width on this site?

Most recognized poster on USMB
Recognized for what? The brilliance of your posts? No...you're "recognized" for the volume of bullshit that you spew on here day in and day out!

Award winning USMB Poster. Won “Most Intelligent Poster” at the USMB Awards Ceremony last year.

I even have a reserved parking space at USMB Headquarters and sell autographed pictures in the USMB Gift Shop.

Dude you're a joke! You spend your life on a message board posting crap! In order to be the most intelligent poster...wouldn't you at some point have to post something intelligent? :)
Jealous much?

My status as a world renowned Message Board Poster has many benefits...

Adoring fans, lots of free stuff

I never have to buy a drink and I get free lap dances at Titty Bars

You libs will be so disappointed when the Coronavirus disappears when the warm weather arrives.

How did this one get by us? I heard a sound byte on the radio while out shopping, and I immediately started imagining the screams from my fellow Trump critics. But I googled it when I got home and see that it was yesterday's news. Crickets here, so far as I can tell. Posters are still starting threads griping that there is no end in sight to this lockdown. But the President says he's going to open us up! He's going to talk to politicians and people of reason! (He never mentions doctors or scientists or researchers.) So how did something this big get by us? When he points to his head and says "This is my metric" ..... that is some scary shit.

Probably because you're taking this out of context.. Trump does this an hour at a time, at LEAST twice a day.. He's been pretty transparent.. And about Tues/Wed he announced an advisory panel for designing an "open up" plan... Panel INCLUDES medical experts.. Hardly a POLITICIAN amongst them. Because politicians generally have NO SKILLS to contribute to monumental decisions like this..

This is different for the Prez.. Because regardless of who they are -- they are STUCK with weighing the advice, critiquing and revising the plans and it's "their game to lose" if THEY screw up.. No "panel" is gonna take a vote and do this without the TOP exec in the country signing off on it...

How did this one get by us? I heard a sound byte on the radio while out shopping, and I immediately started imagining the screams from my fellow Trump critics. But I googled it when I got home and see that it was yesterday's news. Crickets here, so far as I can tell. Posters are still starting threads griping that there is no end in sight to this lockdown. But the President says he's going to open us up! He's going to talk to politicians and people of reason! (He never mentions doctors or scientists or researchers.) So how did something this big get by us? When he points to his head and says "This is my metric" ..... that is some scary shit.

Probably because you're taking this out of context.. Trump does this an hour at a time, at LEAST twice a day.. He's been pretty transparent.. And about Tues/Wed he announced an advisory panel for designing an "open up" plan... Panel INCLUDES medical experts.. Hardly a POLITICIAN amongst them. Because politicians generally have NO SKILLS to contribute to monumental decisions like this..

This is different for the Prez.. Because regardless of who they are -- they are STUCK with weighing the advice, critiquing and revising the plans and it's "their game to lose" if THEY screw up.. No "panel" is gonna take a vote and do this without the TOP exec in the country signing off on it...

Yes, FCT, I've been schooled. See pages 4 -6. The politicians will be some of the governors--they definitely have a crucial stake in this.

Yes, FCT, I've been schooled. See pages 4 -6. The politicians will be some of the governors--they definitely have a crucial stake in this.

It's got a proper somber and deliberative tone to it all... Nobody's "winging this" or being a freakin cowboy... And YES -- governors from different types of states are probably the MOST important. Because MANY of them were at the edge of bankruptcy (or the equivalent) BEFORE Corona and now we couldn't print money fast enough to make up for the money they are bleeding HOURLY...

So stay in your fucking basement and cower in fear.

NewsFlash: People die. We've lost a lot more to other causes combined than this miserable bullshit bug.

New York apparently can't fix anything.......poor bastards.

NewsFlash: People die. We've lost a lot more to other causes combined than this miserable bullshit bug.

I'm not scared of anything except this being extended uselessly because we tried going back too soon. I HATE this.

I notice that Old Lady has decided this isn't a place she wants go be anymore. Must be because she's figured out that she's "ripe for the picking"?

Now we get to watch Winger spout nonsense for another 100 posts? Is there a bigger waste of band width on this site?

Most recognized poster on USMB
Recognized for what? The brilliance of your posts? No...you're "recognized" for the volume of bullshit that you spew on here day in and day out!

Award winning USMB Poster. Won “Most Intelligent Poster” at the USMB Awards Ceremony last year.

I even have a reserved parking space at USMB Headquarters and sell autographed pictures in the USMB Gift Shop.

Dude you're a joke! You spend your life on a message board posting crap! In order to be the most intelligent poster...wouldn't you at some point have to post something intelligent? :)
Jealous much?

My status as a world renowned Message Board Poster has many benefits...

Adoring fans, lots of free stuff

I never have to buy a drink and I get free lap dances at Titty Bars

How long have you lived in this fantasy world, Walter Mitty?
Truth is...you're one of the more pathetic creatures that lives on this board.

I'm not scared of anything except this being extended uselessly because we tried going back too soon. I HATE this.

Here's my take on this. The worst of this is pretty much over. Will we get some flare ups of the virus? Of course. It's still out there and people who haven't been exposed to it are still in danger. The advantage we have now is that our hospitals aren't going to be overwhelmed. We have some drug remedies that seem to alleviate the worst of the symptoms so fewer people should die or need to be on ventilators and we're closer to a vaccine.

So we've reached that point where it's time to resume our normal lives with some precautions. Those at risk because of age or health need to continue to be super careful. For THEM coming out too early is a risk. For healthy Americans? It's time to get back to work.

You libs will be so disappointed when the Coronavirus disappears when the warm weather arrives.
The poor things thought the Chinese Virus was Satan's answer to their prayers.

When this blows over they'll have to drag Biden out again.

Closing restaurants and bars is a way for liberals to destroy the economy.

Well I think the lock down is mostly state and local government decisions. Unless he issues some executive order, it still up to them. He is talking about having a meeting with various businesses and state official's about how the country should be reopen. Does it required a meeting or do the states and governors just lift the lock down based on advise of health care professionals or CDC. Personally the way this virus can be transmitted even with people who show the symptoms, its will be a tough decision. Obviously it can go on for long.

Ivanka could start a line of fashionable masks, that will turn their heads and people cannot help but give a thumbs up salute.

Still, I just hope the right people make the right decision and we already know Trump will take the credit.
Ivanka's Masks is a great idea! One you can breathe through. I tried a bra cup. Couldn't breathe. My neighbor offered a bandanna. But no one around here is wearing one yet, so I've got a little time to hold out for Ivanka's.
OL, there are plenty of epidemiologists and medical experts who have said that we should have never shut down in the first place.

Just because your TEE VEE and the corporate press hasn't rolled them in front of you, doesn't mean that they are not well respected and experts in their field.
I've never run into an article from any of them. Got any? (PS no tv)
No, I have only watched several videos of lectures from several doctors and epidemiologists about how they have never actually cultured the virus to prove it even exists. There have been no electron microscopes actually looking at the "virus."

I have also found out about how the PCR test is not a gold standard test.

IT is a very complex topic that cannot be summed up in a short article, you would need to watch an hour. . . hour and half lecture to really understand what is going on, I am sorry.

I found an article, but it is VERY complex.

In short, depending on how you DO the test, will actually, believe it or not, sometimes, for some diseases, determine the results.

For instance, even YOU could have, according to the diagnostic criteria for lung cancer, have those types of cells in YOUR lungs, if those tests were amplified enough times. However, your immune system will deal with that threat in a timely fashion.

What this means, is, chances are, a very large percentage of the population already has Covid-19. The CDC and FDA wanted to maintain control of testing protocols, and not have either independent authorities, or the WHO, or the State authorities have authority over the testing procedures, so that they would be the ones would be allowed to determine how many times the PCR test could be amplified. This then, determines how many folks will "test positive for the virus."

. . . and thus, will enable the media to promote scare tactics and then political police state measures.

Here, I found a pretty unbiased article here;

Two good lectures telling the truth about what is going on here;

The article referenced in that last video is here, if you care to try to comprehend it.
Folder Contents
The folks that run things like to suppress stuff. That is why you are in prison now.

He also does a much better job of making the PCR test issue understandable.

"From “CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel” [1]:

“Detection of viral RNA may not indicate the presence of infectious virus or that 2019-nCoV is the causative agent for clinical symptoms.”

Translation: A positive test doesn’t guarantee that the COVID virus is causing infection at all. And, ahem, reading between the lines, maybe the COVID virus might not be in the patient’s body at all, either.

From the World Health Organization (WHO): “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) technical guidance: Laboratory testing for 2019-nCoV in humans” [2]:

“Several assays that detect the 2019-nCoV have been and are currently under development, both in-house and commercially. Some assays may detect only the novel virus [COVID] and some may also detect other strains (e.g. SARS-CoV) that are genetically similar.”

Translation: Some PCR tests register positive for types of coronavirus that have nothing to do with COVID—including plain old coronas that cause nothing more than a cold.

The WHO document adds this little piece: “Protocol use limitations: Optional clinical specimens for testing has [have] not yet been validated.”

Translation: We’re not sure which tissue samples to take from the patient, in order for the test to have any validity.

From the FDA: “LabCorp COVID-19RT-PCR test EUA Summary: ACCELERATED EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) SUMMARYCOVID-19 RT-PCR TEST (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)” [3]:

“…The SARS-CoV-2RNA [COVID virus] is generally detectable in respiratory specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA; clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine patient infection status…THE AGENT DETECTED MAY NOT BE THE DEFINITE CAUSE OF DISEASE (CAPS are mine). Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.”

Translation: On the one hand, we claim the test can “generally” detect the presence of the COVID virus in a patient. But we admit that “the agent detected” on the test, by which we mean COVID, “may not be the definite cause of disease.” We also admit that, unless the patient has an acute infection, we can’t find COVID. Therefore, the idea of “asymptomatic patients” confirmed by the test is nonsense. And even though a positive test for COVID may not indicate the actual cause of disease, all positive tests must be reported—and they will be counted as “COVID cases.” Regardless.

From a manufacturer of PCR test kit elements, Creative Diagnostics, “SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Multiplex RT-qPCR Kit” [4]:"

Well these tests are new and it is rare to get it right the first time. Everyone is trying to develop a test for it and thus some will be betters than others depending on a variety of factors. Everyone is trying to determine what the test results mean and how to apply the results in the correct manner. When you do not have a lot of time on your side it will be a hit or miss as many different sources are working on something relative new. If they have the experience, knowledge, equipment and share results, then they have a better change at success. Even if its a near miss then they can improve on it. Time is a major factor. Panic, economic issues, and politicians are blocking the street. Science is not always perfect but rumors are worse. It is easy to find imperfection and harder to be perfect on the first pitch.

False positive will happen but it it motivates them to take precautions then its not a bad thing when this problem is contagious. Some will get it and it appears that they will survive with no or minimal symptoms. How deadly it is depends on other factors. So catching the disease is one issue and its spread is secondary issue. So both have to be addressed.

Well I think the lock down is mostly state and local government decisions. Unless he issues some executive order, it still up to them. He is talking about having a meeting with various businesses and state official's about how the country should be reopen. Does it required a meeting or do the states and governors just lift the lock down based on advise of health care professionals or CDC. Personally the way this virus can be transmitted even with people who show the symptoms, its will be a tough decision. Obviously it can go on for long.

Ivanka could start a line of fashionable masks, that will turn their heads and people cannot help but give a thumbs up salute.

Still, I just hope the right people make the right decision and we already know Trump will take the credit.
Ivanka's Masks is a great idea! One you can breathe through. I tried a bra cup. Couldn't breathe. My neighbor offered a bandanna. But no one around here is wearing one yet, so I've got a little time to hold out for Ivanka's.
OL, there are plenty of epidemiologists and medical experts who have said that we should have never shut down in the first place.

Just because your TEE VEE and the corporate press hasn't rolled them in front of you, doesn't mean that they are not well respected and experts in their field.
I've never run into an article from any of them. Got any? (PS no tv)
No, I have only watched several videos of lectures from several doctors and epidemiologists about how they have never actually cultured the virus to prove it even exists. There have been no electron microscopes actually looking at the "virus."

I have also found out about how the PCR test is not a gold standard test.

IT is a very complex topic that cannot be summed up in a short article, you would need to watch an hour. . . hour and half lecture to really understand what is going on, I am sorry.

I found an article, but it is VERY complex.

In short, depending on how you DO the test, will actually, believe it or not, sometimes, for some diseases, determine the results.

For instance, even YOU could have, according to the diagnostic criteria for lung cancer, have those types of cells in YOUR lungs, if those tests were amplified enough times. However, your immune system will deal with that threat in a timely fashion.

What this means, is, chances are, a very large percentage of the population already has Covid-19. The CDC and FDA wanted to maintain control of testing protocols, and not have either independent authorities, or the WHO, or the State authorities have authority over the testing procedures, so that they would be the ones would be allowed to determine how many times the PCR test could be amplified. This then, determines how many folks will "test positive for the virus."

. . . and thus, will enable the media to promote scare tactics and then political police state measures.

Here, I found a pretty unbiased article here;

Two good lectures telling the truth about what is going on here;

The article referenced in that last video is here, if you care to try to comprehend it.
Folder Contents
The folks that run things like to suppress stuff. That is why you are in prison now.

He also does a much better job of making the PCR test issue understandable.

"From “CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel” [1]:

“Detection of viral RNA may not indicate the presence of infectious virus or that 2019-nCoV is the causative agent for clinical symptoms.”

Translation: A positive test doesn’t guarantee that the COVID virus is causing infection at all. And, ahem, reading between the lines, maybe the COVID virus might not be in the patient’s body at all, either.

From the World Health Organization (WHO): “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) technical guidance: Laboratory testing for 2019-nCoV in humans” [2]:

“Several assays that detect the 2019-nCoV have been and are currently under development, both in-house and commercially. Some assays may detect only the novel virus [COVID] and some may also detect other strains (e.g. SARS-CoV) that are genetically similar.”

Translation: Some PCR tests register positive for types of coronavirus that have nothing to do with COVID—including plain old coronas that cause nothing more than a cold.

The WHO document adds this little piece: “Protocol use limitations: Optional clinical specimens for testing has [have] not yet been validated.”

Translation: We’re not sure which tissue samples to take from the patient, in order for the test to have any validity.

From the FDA: “LabCorp COVID-19RT-PCR test EUA Summary: ACCELERATED EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) SUMMARYCOVID-19 RT-PCR TEST (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)” [3]:

“…The SARS-CoV-2RNA [COVID virus] is generally detectable in respiratory specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA; clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine patient infection status…THE AGENT DETECTED MAY NOT BE THE DEFINITE CAUSE OF DISEASE (CAPS are mine). Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.”

Translation: On the one hand, we claim the test can “generally” detect the presence of the COVID virus in a patient. But we admit that “the agent detected” on the test, by which we mean COVID, “may not be the definite cause of disease.” We also admit that, unless the patient has an acute infection, we can’t find COVID. Therefore, the idea of “asymptomatic patients” confirmed by the test is nonsense. And even though a positive test for COVID may not indicate the actual cause of disease, all positive tests must be reported—and they will be counted as “COVID cases.” Regardless.

From a manufacturer of PCR test kit elements, Creative Diagnostics, “SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Multiplex RT-qPCR Kit” [4]:"

Well these tests are new and it is rare to get it right the first time. Everyone is trying to develop a test for it and thus some will be betters than others depending on a variety of factors. Everyone is trying to determine what the test results mean and how to apply the results in the correct manner. When you do not have a lot of time on your side it will be a hit or miss as many different sources are working on something relative new. If they have the experience, knowledge, equipment and share results, then they have a better change at success. Even if its a near miss then they can improve on it. Time is a major factor. Panic, economic issues, and politicians are blocking the street. Science is not always perfect but rumors are worse. It is easy to find imperfection and harder to be perfect on the first pitch.

False positive will happen but it it motivates them to take precautions then its not a bad thing when this problem is contagious. Some will get it and it appears that they will survive with no or minimal symptoms. How deadly it is depends on other factors. So catching the disease is one issue and its spread is secondary issue. So both have to be addressed.

You did not read, or understand how different jurisdictions amplify the results of the Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel for their own purposes at all, I am sorry.

Forum List

Back