How'd We Miss Comment on Trump's Presser Yesterday?

How did this one get by us? I heard a sound byte on the radio while out shopping, and I immediately started imagining the screams from my fellow Trump critics. But I googled it when I got home and see that it was yesterday's news. Crickets here, so far as I can tell. Posters are still starting threads griping that there is no end in sight to this lockdown. But the President says he's going to open us up! He's going to talk to politicians and people of reason! (He never mentions doctors or scientists or researchers.) So how did something this big get by us? When he points to his head and says "This is my metric" ..... that is some scary shit.

Relying on Trumps Yuge Brain to protect us is scary.

Go to that speech and tell me what scares you old man.............LOL

Relying on Trumps brain.
The same brain that thinks Washington captured the airports and Obama was born in Kenya

Come on dude...........at least get the trolls to 2 to 3 lines.........and throw more humor into the trolls......we need the entertainment.

Use your fuckin' heads folks.

President Trump CANNOT END THE LOCKDOWN! That is up to the individual Governors, then to the business owners, then to the public.

All the President can do is make recommendations, and like any CEO, he has hired a team of consultants whose recommendations he will follow, in case things go badly.

Keep in mind, we are in a political kabuki dance right now. NO POLITICIAN wants to say, "All Clear," because when s/he does, s/he will be blamed for the inevitable spike in new cases and DEATHS. So they want to open things up - Trump certainly does - but in a way that deflects blame in advance for what will surely happen as soon as we open the floodgates.

The re-opening will in fact happen differently in different states and regions, and in different segments of the economy. You can't possibly expect movie theaters and golf courses to open at the same time. They operate under entirely different paradigms, one of which is conducive to operating under these conditions, and one is not. Same for every other industry.

I couldn't agree more. Politicians excel at one thing more than all else...it's called "covering one's ass!" It's rather obvious at this point that we need to start reopening parts of the economy as soon as possible because keeping it all shut down for much longer will create more damage to the nation than any virus ever could. The question is...which politicians have the spine to make the call on that?

I’d like to see them start to allow certain businesses to reopen as long as they can meet criteria for social distancing and cleaning the workplace.

Keep restaurants and bars closed as well as anything that attracts large crowds. But let other businesses open

Interesting...so restaurants that abide by the rules for social distancing and cleaning wouldn't be able to open but other businesses would? How do you justify that?

President Trump CANNOT END THE LOCKDOWN! That is up to the individual Governors, then to the business owners, then to the public.

All the President can do is make recommendations, and like any CEO, he has hired a team of consultants whose recommendations he will follow, in case things go badly.

Keep in mind, we are in a political kabuki dance right now. NO POLITICIAN wants to say, "All Clear," because when s/he does, s/he will be blamed for the inevitable spike in new cases and DEATHS. So they want to open things up - Trump certainly does - but in a way that deflects blame in advance for what will surely happen as soon as we open the floodgates.

The re-opening will in fact happen differently in different states and regions, and in different segments of the economy. You can't possibly expect movie theaters and golf courses to open at the same time. They operate under entirely different paradigms, one of which is conducive to operating under these conditions, and one is not. Same for every other industry.

I couldn't agree more. Politicians excel at one thing more than all else...it's called "covering one's ass!" It's rather obvious at this point that we need to start reopening parts of the economy as soon as possible because keeping it all shut down for much longer will create more damage to the nation than any virus ever could. The question is...which politicians have the spine to make the call on that?

I’d like to see them start to allow certain businesses to reopen as long as they can meet criteria for social distancing and cleaning the workplace.

Keep restaurants and bars closed as well as anything that attracts large crowds. But let other businesses open

Interesting...so restaurants that abide by the rules for social distancing and cleaning wouldn't be able to open but other businesses would? How do you justify that?
Because restaurants and bars attract the public.

A business can control it workers, take temperatures, send anyone home.

I notice that Old Lady has decided this isn't a place she wants go be anymore. Must be because she's figured out that she's "ripe for the picking"?

Now we get to watch Winger spout nonsense for another 100 posts? Is there a bigger waste of band width on this site?

I notice that Old Lady has decided this isn't a place she wants go be anymore. Must be because she's figured out that she's "ripe for the picking"?

Now we get to watch Winger spout nonsense for another 100 posts? Is there a bigger waste of band width on this site?

Most recognized poster on USMB

Because restaurants and bars attract the public.

A business can control it workers, take temperatures, send anyone home.

All businesses attract the public...it's why they're in business, you dolt! Why can't a restaurant practice the same things as grocery stores that have been open throughout this pandemic?

Recognized for what? The brilliance of your posts? No...you're "recognized" for the volume of bullshit that you spew on here day in and day out!

Trump avoided making any forceful comments about “shutting down” the economy. Why? Because he didn’t want to accept responsibility for it.

Now, he will avoid doing anything when it comes to using his bully pulpit to force any governors to “open up” the economy. He will wait until he sees if the economy improves. Then he will take credit.

He’s a shit. And you assholes love him for it.

Recognized for what? The brilliance of your posts? No...you're "recognized" for the volume of bullshit that you spew on here day in and day out!

Award winning USMB Poster. Won “Most Intelligent Poster” at the USMB Awards Ceremony last year.

I even have a reserved parking space at USMB Headquarters and sell autographed pictures in the USMB Gift Shop.

How did this one get by us? I heard a sound byte on the radio while out shopping, and I immediately started imagining the screams from my fellow Trump critics. But I googled it when I got home and see that it was yesterday's news. Crickets here, so far as I can tell. Posters are still starting threads griping that there is no end in sight to this lockdown. But the President says he's going to open us up! He's going to talk to politicians and people of reason! (He never mentions doctors or scientists or researchers.) So how did something this big get by us? When he points to his head and says "This is my metric" ..... that is some scary shit.

Good at the store, to make me a sandwich! Lol
Why do left wing females comment on politics? Your about as intelligent as a rock. ORANGE MAN BAD

Trump avoided making any forceful comments about “shutting down” the economy. Why? Because he didn’t want to accept responsibility for it.

Now, he will avoid doing anything when it comes to using his bully pulpit to force any governors to “open up” the economy. He will wait until he sees if the economy improves. Then he will take credit.

He’s really in your head

Yawn............the TDS blame game continues...........Blame China........America will not be locked down forever .......regardless of the cost..............DEAL WITH IT.

You are a GOD, eagle. The President DID mention doctors when he first brought up the subject, although not later when he went into a little more detail about it--which was the part in the clip I got off Youtube. I feel better having all his remarks, and tycho's clip DID have things cut out. I can't imagine why, but I'll not trust his resources again without verifying.

And yeah, bookmarked the site as well.

THANK YOU!

Did you watch the vid you posted?

I sure did. What did I miss?

You didn't hear him say he'll be getting advice from professionals {the greatest minds} and politicians before making any decisions?

Just like he did on all of the other things he's completely fucked up. He's given good advice and then he goes with "his gut". Trump's gut instincts have gotten him into 7 business bankruptcies and more than a billion dollars in business losses, the most for any American businessman in history.

E5B743C5-57AE-4D8C-BD4F-10E8084AFDB9.jpeg

I'm very embarrassed about my poorly informed OP. I've learned some lessons here today. Eagle, you truly rock.

1586651222471.png

But having said that (and I do mean it), I'm not done worrying about what Trump decides. Yes, he said he is going to listen, but with him, the economy will always be foremost. I just don't want to go through this all over again in a couple months with a second wave.

Well, all any of us can do is hope for the best.

And I apologize for not having all the facts before spouting off.

If you'd watched the presser (which you obviously didn't do EITHER!) you'd have heard Trump address that very topic. He thinks it's proper to let individual Governors make the call on what's good for THEIR citizens! That a one size fits all approach to governance is seldom the right thing to do.

Award winning USMB Poster. Won “Most Intelligent Poster” at the USMB Awards Ceremony last year.

I even have a reserved parking space at USMB Headquarters and sell autographed pictures in the USMB Gift Shop.

Dude you're a joke! You spend your life on a message board posting crap! In order to be the most intelligent poster...wouldn't you at some point have to post something intelligent? :)

If you'd watched the presser (which you obviously didn't do EITHER!) you'd have heard Trump address that very topic. He thinks it's proper to let individual Governors make the call on what's good for THEIR citizens! That a one size fits all approach to governance is seldom the right thing to do.

I know what he said, shithead. He’s doing exactly what I said he’s doing.

His only concern is himself. He will say whatever he thinks will help him. Period.

Forum List

Back