🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Hubris": New Documentary Reexamines the Iraq War "Hoax"

Nothing the Bush administration did was treasonous.

Criminal, yes..but not treasonous.

be·tray
/biˈtrā/
Verb
Be disloyal to: "he betrayed them".
Be disloyal to (one's country, organization, or ideology) by acting in the interests of an enemy.
I wonder if selling American lives for profit could be considered betrayal.
In my humble opinion, he did exactly that and it cost a lot of lives.

No he absolutely did not. Bush truly believed in what he was doing. I can't say that about the folks he surrounded himself with..but Bush himself?

He did all the wrong things for the right reasons. He truly thought that Saddam Hussien was a huge threat. Bush is..and was a patriotic American.

It doesn't do anyone any good framing him in any other way than that.

Good people with good intentions CAN do bad things.

Pure speculation.

I'll pass on watching a fairy tale written by a left wing nutjob from Mother Jones

Woodward and Bernstein they are not

Don't miss the premiere of 'Hubris: Selling the Iraq War' hosted by Rachel Maddow, Feb. 18 at 9pm E.T./6pm P.T.

I'll be watching...
What, maybe getting a little to close on Benghazi ? Is this what this is all about ? The timing seems suspect, so am I right ? How about lets focus on what is now ( don't you think that enough is on all our plate already as Americans with the current lying politician/chief being dealt with?), and how about lets leave it to the professional historians to deal with the past. The fact that we have this Rachael left wing wacko Maddow hosting this docudrama, is a total turn off for many to begin with, so good luck trying to spread the distracting left wing propaganda to the masses, while skating or covering up what went down in Benghazi.

You know what would be fun? If Rachel Maddow leaked a rumor that her next documentary was going to be about the life of John McCain. :lol:

He would go ballistic, thinking she was going to lay out his 5 crashed planes, his incident aboard that ship, and his corruption during the Keating Five all over again for the American public who have been hoodwinked by this "Maverick".

I can't assume what a partisan is telling me is the whole story, no way. If I can't hear both sides of a story, there's no way I can make a final decision. That's just me..
You've heard the side of the story that led us into a wholly unnecessary, devastatingly wasteful and unlawful invasion and occupation of a non-aggressive nation which had done absolutely nothing to provoke it. Why not weigh the other side and apply a little common sense reasoning to making up your mind?

I hate Bush's wars, but when I tuned in and saw that Maddow was doing it, I tuned back out. There's no way of knowing what information is being distorted or avoided, so it would just be a waste of my time to watch it.

That's the problem with partisan ideologues providing "information": Who knows what the reality is.

Pub pundits, who seem to be running the party these days, or since 1992, are mainly undereducated charlatans who'll say anything for a buck and form a huge propaganda machine that lies nonstop and has the dupes in an alternate universe- see "Obama's sequestration, O gutted workfare, grabs guns, had total control first 2 years,is a tyrant LOL, see sig pp3.

Maddow is a Rhodes scholar who doesn't lie, or link?. Thanks for the depression, the stupidest wars ever, 9/11, and 3 1/2 years of mindless obstruction, now becoming an OBVIOUS disgrace...even for dupes.

Last edited:
If Dick Cheney was a leader of a country other than our own, and he pushed for war with another country as intensely as he did here for reasons that later turned out to be factually untrue after that war was launched and dragged on for years, killing tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of people, our gov't would likely insist that he be turned over to the ICC.

Last edited:
If Dick Cheney was a leader of a country other than our own, and he pushed for war with another country as intensely as he did here for reason that later turned out to be factually untrue after that war was launched and dragged on for years, killing tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of people, our gov't would likely insist that he be turned over to the ICC.
Milosevic

I hate Bush's wars, but when I tuned in and saw that Maddow was doing it, I tuned back out. There's no way of knowing what information is being distorted or avoided, so it would just be a waste of my time to watch it.

That's the problem with partisan ideologues providing "information": Who knows what the reality is.

Pub pundits, who seem to be running the party these days, or since 1992, are mainly undereducated charlatans who'll say anything for a buck and form a huge propaganda machine that lies nonstop and has the dupes in an alternate universe- see "Obama's sequestration, O gutted workfare, grabs guns, had total control first 2 years,is a tyrant LOL, see sig pp3.

Maddow is a Rhodes scholar who doesn't lie, or link?. Thanks for the depression, the stupidest wars ever, 9/11, and 3 1/2 years of mindless obstruction, now becoming an OBVIOUS disgrace...even for dupes.

oh boy, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar also and he damn sure lied and was IMEACHED for it...so you can stop blowing smoke up our asses already, Maddow will and does lie
David Corn is some left wing nut job from Mother Jones, I wouldn't take anything he says as truth if his tongue came notarized

Bush 41 could have easily avoided the FIRST U.S.-Iraq War.

Bush 43 could have easily avoided the SECOND U.S.-Iraq War.

You know what would be fun? If Rachel Maddow leaked a rumor that her next documentary was going to be about the life of John McCain. :lol:

He would go ballistic, thinking she was going to lay out his 5 crashed planes, his incident aboard that ship, and his corruption during the Keating Five all over again for the American public who have been hoodwinked by this "Maverick".
No I think he would see it just for what it is, just like everyone else would at this point and time, where as it would be viewed as yet another desperate left wing smear campaign, then concocted against anyone in power, that might be getting to close to the truth on her beloved Jim Jones type of idolized figure she has now in her life. I mean she can't be wrong about it all now can she? No she just can't be as figured in her mind. I mean she has to much of her life invested in this left wing ideology that she has become a full fledged member of, and she can never be proven wrong now, and if she was, she would be like a little rebellious teen ager, with her hands over her ears saying I don't hear you, no I don't na na na boo boo I don't hear you la la la la la I can't hear you..... : )

Not hard to Google "rachel maddow lies" and come up with some stuff, unless the person doing the searching refuses to believe what they read, or if they're ready to spin away from it.

Perhaps your definition of lying is different from mine. I believe that purposely leaving out pertinent and contrary information from a "report" is clearly intellectually dishonest, and that constitutes "lying" in my book. You may actually believe that you're getting the whole story from her, I don't know. If that's the case, not much I can say.

And a person's intelligence and their intellectual honesty are mutually exclusive character traits. I would guess that's common knowledge.

John McCain disputes that he's a maverick. At least that's what he was saying in 2010.

oh boy, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar also and he damn sure lied and was IMEACHED for it...so you can stop blowing smoke up our asses already, Maddow will and does lie
David Corn is some left wing nut job from Mother Jones, I wouldn't take anything he says as truth if his tongue came notarized

He didn't lie about politics, he lied about a silly affair, which I thought gentlemen were supposed to do. THAT was the end result of a 6 year witch hunt that found nothing based on its supposed subject.

ANOTHER Pub disgrace and stupid distraction from governing. Another reason you live in an alternate BS universe. NO DEM political lies like the Pub ones you're DROWNING in, dupe. See sig pp3 etc. Now, one political Dem lie, PERIOD, chump of greedy rich idiots?

If Dick Cheney was a leader of a country other than our own, and he pushed for war with another country as intensely as he did here for reasons that later turned out to be factually untrue after that war was launched and dragged on for years, killing tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of people, our gov't would likely insist that he be turned over to the ICC.
And your man Barack who backed the Arab Spring should be what ? How about his inaction on the middle east, especially after he endorsed much of the situations that have now blown up over there recently (even our getting an ambassador and others killed), and yet he has been absent vocally or truthfully about these situations for the most part since ? What has he done for the Syrians or for the Iranians that would have been endorsed by the United States if asked maybe, for whom these people had risen up against their rogue leaders as well ? What has he done to protect the gains made for the people of Iraq since their liberation ? Has he all but abandoned them now? If he has, does this not negate the lives spent there by those who felt they were doing those people a service while there (boots on the ground), and this by liberating them from a real killer tyrant in which Sadam had become?

At least George Bush took action against someone who was oppressive to his people, who was killing the Kurds with acid chemicals being dropped from Helicopters upon them, thus causing us to keep a no fly zone on him "Hussein", in order to save these people or to try and save them, then how about all the lies this dictator was constantly running from his ministry of misinformation, and his boasting and threats we had to endure constantly by this tyrant and his sons ? How about those two sons of his, and their raping and pillaging the women at their low life sorry choosing ? How about the very reason we had to send in all these inspectors because of his taunts and lies and constant threats to the region ? How about his flight into Kuwait, and then us having to walk with gloves out of respect for his sympathizers found in the world, otherwise to not finish him off and his reign of terror then ? How about his threats to George Senior for order of his assassination after his pushing Sadam turned madman out of Kuwait? How about we ask the Kuwaiti's about Sadam being taken down finally, and see what they say ? How about we ask the new Iraqi Prime minister about Sadam being taken down and see what he say's? How about we ask the Saudi's about Sadam being taken down and see what they say ? Has the region without Sadam been a little safer for these people? I could go and on and on about the good that came from taking down Sadam, but it wouldn't fit with your smear campaign to protect Benghazi maybe, and the other problems that have come to past by either Barack Obama's actions or in-actions. Take your choice.

Last edited:

I can't assume what a partisan is telling me is the whole story, no way. If I can't hear both sides of a story, there's no way I can make a final decision. That's just me.

Truth doesn't have two sides.

And what would your personal definition of "Truth" be?

The only way to get to the truth is by viewing always both sides of a story, issue, event or other.. I can't believe you actually made such a statement really.....wow

Oops this was meant for Peter... sorry..

The show was very interesting. But we all know those stockpiles of wmds. Now where were they?

Forum List

Back