"Hubris": New Documentary Reexamines the Iraq War "Hoax"

They lied us to war.

Its a fact.

that fact will NEVER be allowed to be rewritten by the right in this country.

Like a whole lot of other things the voting electorate have recently caught onto. The Republican party will become a relic within a decade if they do not do some serious rethinking and reconstruction...something they are presently unwilling to do for America.

If they insist on NOT reforming they will distroy the name for future generations.

There is no Whig party anymore

If they insist on NOT reforming they will distroy the name for future generations.

There is no Whig party anymore

As I have posted before I was a Republican for the first 30 years of my voting life. I voted for Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon three times and even Reagan once. I was a Republican when they stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty. When the Reagan/Bush41 regime cut taxes for the wealthy, continued to spend like a drunken sailor and quadrupled the national debt I knew they were in the pockets of the corporations and wealthy. Because of the similar followup by Bush43 I won't vote for them again in a national election if I live to 100......which really isn't that far away. I retired about 20 years ago and in another 20 I'll be 98. Yes.....I plan on being around...my mom turned 100 the last day of July last year.

I think he deceived the American people and got thousands of young men killed. I'd be happy if he was put on trial in the Hague for war crimes.

It would be a disaster to put any American President on trial in the Hague.

No American should support that.

Don't be too sure o' that......

cartoon-bush-miss-me-yet.gif

No.

I absolutely do not blame the Democrats that voted for it.

The Bush administration cherry picked and outright lied about intelligence. Even with that, he was given the Authorization to use force. Congress didn't decide to invade.

That..was George W. Bush.

The Decider. The Commander In Chief.

NOT THE DEMOCRATS.

of course you don't..You are saying they are too stupid to check things he said out..

He got the information from the CLINTON administration....
Ah, yes.....it's time to "reheat" BU$HCO's neverending excuse.....

clintondid188.jpg
You are a friggin idiot.

Failure to distract...People care about unemployment right now..Not old news...:lame2:

It was a good re-hash of the events leading the USA to war, with a few more behind the scenes info.

BTW didn't MSNBC fire Donahue for being against the invasion?

It was a good re-hash of the events leading the USA to war, with a few more behind the scenes info.

BTW didn't MSNBC fire Donahue for being against the invasion?

Pretty much. They said his anti war attitude would put a bad face on the network while the nation was at war.

Personal attacks won't prove your point - whatever it is...

I think his point is that he took a political science class during his year at the community college.
Not that it matters, nor is it anyone's business, however if you must know. Once you understand how university bureaucracies work, and how foundations are set up to fund them and operate them and condition the public's minds with them, the only people that are worth getting an education from in them are tenured and professors emeritus. A well educated mind is one that seeks knowledge on it's own, not one that absorbs the knowledge that is fed to it. What does that mean? It means RESEARCH. Most people around here just accept what they hear, read, or see through the outlets that they have. How many actually go and research. Dig behind the facts they are given?

You have to understand who gives you the information to make sense of the information itself. No, I did not attend a community college. Though I have had many friends that have, and if you have ever taken a class on logical fallacies, (which it is clear you haven't,) you would understand that such a statement is juvenile, childish, and irrelevant.

This is the more well known of the two schools I went to. Occasionally their football team shows up in the college bowl games, ever heard of them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison_College

Since you are both too obtuse to figure out what George Washington meant, I will tell you. He meant that market forces will keep this nation on a for more ethical and moral course if we choose to be as neutral as possible in a international affairs. We will be much more financially stable and our budget will be sound if we choose not to engage in foreign entanglements.

They have the nation thinking that "pork spending" is what causes the budget crises. Whatever. It is insignificant. They have people thinking that it is government salaries and fees are hurting us, again, insignificant compared to the real costs. The media will do what ever it can to distract the ignorant.

The three largest costs are unfunded liabilities, military spending, and interest payments to the banking cartel. The banking cartel is using our military to do the same thing to other nations as they did to our nation by using slavery to cause a civil war and make slaves of use all. The banking cartel funded both sides of our civil war. But I don't expect anyone to understand this. They fund all sides of every war.

Who was the good guy in the musical "Annie?" Could it be your Daddy Warbucks? Yeah, go watch your TV and believe one daddy Warbucks is better than the other. They will find you a new enemy once the old one is defeated. And if it isn't a real enemy? Or one powerful enough to justify that military spending? Don't worry, they will make you believe what ever is necessary, because they and their friends own the media too. They'll tell you what ever they need to in order to make the system go and to get you to wake up at six a.m. and get your ass off to work every morning. That's what slaves do. You have got to pay a pound of flesh to the masters silly.

And if that is not enough, they'll have your sons too. Well I am glad I have been to University, and have educated myself enough with independent research. Because unless their private mercenary armies start invading my town, or unless the Chinese invade my state looking for gold to pay off these bastards, they won't have my son to fight in their global wars of conquest.

Are you really stoopid enough to believe any soldier we have over seas is actually fighting for freedom? They aren't. They are fighting to enslave the world in a global police state.

Dr. Maddow rocks! Looking forward to 9:00 p.m.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxnegxNEDAc]Catapult The Propaganda - YouTube[/ame]

quote-a-lie-told-often-enough-becomes-the-truth-vladimir-lenin-110501.jpg

You should learn how to do your own research. You should learn how to read. Stop being lead about by your nose. This is precisely what I was talking about. Of course you are looking forward to it, you would not know what to post about, how to think, or what to say were it not for the media.

I think he deceived the American people and got thousands of young men killed. I'd be happy if he was put on trial in the Hague for war crimes.
Exactly -- and Obama should deliver the sonofabitch, along with his conspirators, to the Hague.

r331987_1498356.jpg

But I really don't see that happening.

Which brings me directly to my next thought, which is nothing short of a radical revolution, in which the concepts of Left and Right are dissolved in coalescence, is capable of purging the filth from the sewer of American politics.

We all kinda knew it already.

Yeah, but it's good to be reminded of such a stupid atrocity so it isn't repeated.

It is good to be reminded so it won't soon be forgotten. But I have absolutely no confidence that it won't be repeated. The only thing which might have that effect would be the Bush Crime Family in prison cells somewhere.

Nothing else will do it.

Truly yesterdays news? The documentary doesn't air until tomorrow night.

The subject is truly old news just politically motivated clap trap by Maddow and MSDNC put out in a vain attempt to somehow distract people from the still near 8% unemployment, rapidly rising gas prices, and the sequester and budget battles coming in the next couple of weeks sorry.
th
Of course you're right about the topic being old news. But I strongly disagree with your notion that it's "politically motivated claptrap." While Maddow usually gets on my nerves I give her a lot of credit for researching and producing this important reminder of the hoax perpetrated by the Bush Administration.

I am not at all confident that anything will come of it but something is better than nothing.

Why?

I think we should try them first here, then turn them over to the Hague where they might get what Saddam Hussein got. Which would be nothing but poetic justice.

I agree it would be disastrous but at least it would teach future generations a lesson. What Bush did can't be repeated in the future.

No it wouldn't.
Of course it would. If Bush got what he deserves it would serve to give all future presidents cause to avoid doing anything close to what Bush did. That is the basic purpose of punishment but it is being ignored by our pitifully corrupted political system.

Dr. Maddow rocks! Looking forward to 9:00 p.m.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxnegxNEDAc]Catapult The Propaganda - YouTube[/ame]

quote-a-lie-told-often-enough-becomes-the-truth-vladimir-lenin-110501.jpg

You should learn how to do your own research. You should learn how to read. Stop being lead about by your nose. This is precisely what I was talking about. Of course you are looking forward to it, you would not know what to post about, how to think, or what to say were it not for the media.

goering-on-patriotism-and-war.jpg

Forum List

Back