HUGE: House Speaker McCarthy Handed Over 41,000 Hours of Jan 6 Video to Tucker Carlson

That means every other media company will get them through a FOIA request, and McCarthy will be forced to hand them over by a court. It also means that McCarthy has released sensitive information to the media about camera security at the Capitol. Which now puts him under a microscope by DHS.

Be careful what you say on the phone, what you text, and who you have meetings with Kev. Getting a warrant from a FISA court just got a lot easier in your case.
Do you mean that no one knows that there are CCVs covering every square inch of the entire capital?

WOW, who knew?

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, LoLeft....THAT is a solution.
I personally think it is a good one; however.....

It was proposed. Seriously proposed. A "9-11'-grade Commission to study the January 6th insurrection by hordes of provoked MAGA-Trumpers.

Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell rejected it.

So what was eventually worked out was a bi-partisan Committee investigation that we all watched on the telly during 2022.
I am curious why McConnell and McCarthy rejected it. I don’t know. The Committee investigation was anything but bipartisan. The Republicans were cherry-picked and Pelosi was exempt from testifying. This is why a 9-11 Commission model is needed. If McCarhy and MoConnell stonewalled it for bullshit reasons I will be the first to criticize them for it.

Again, Fox is the number one cable news network and has been for many years. You think the majority of cable news network viewers are wrong?
Do I think they are wrong to believe everything FOX offers them about Trump, about January 6th, about the so-call 'Big Steal'?

Oh, you bet I do.
To demonstrate zero skepticism about FOX's journalistic credibility after what we just read from last week's court-released FOX emails....is, in my considered opinion, imprudently un-wise.

IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, that sure looks like a coup, doesn't it?
That quote references a picture of the January 6th MAGA-Loon with the goathead hat. I honestly don't know if that 'looks like a coup' as I have never seen one.

But I have seen any number of MAGA-Loons and ....and....and Yeah, he looks like he could certainly fit within the most loyal within in the world of MAGA. To be honest.

McCarthy continues to disgrace the House and the Speakership.

Another poster, I forget who.....much earlier in the thread expressed confidence that McCarthy would have had consultation to ensure that no 'security' concerns over the release of all these videos would arise.

Alas, it seems Kevin was a tad impulsive. Politico this afternoon offered us this:

"Kevin McCarthy's apparent deal with Tucker Carlson to share Jan. 6 footage surprised some top Capitol security officials.

On Monday, the Fox News host described his producers’ access as “unfettered."

"A person familiar with the matter said (Capitol Police Chief) Manger told associates he didn’t learn of the arrangement between McCarthy and Carlson until it began publicly circulating Monday. Capitol Police have been extremely reluctant to share large swaths of their security footage, citing potential risks to lawmakers, aides and officers tasked with protecting the building.

House Sergeant at Arms William McFarland also told associates he learned about it around the same time Axios broke the news Monday, the person familiar said.

On his Monday show, Carlson described his producers’ access as “unfettered,” said they’d already been reviewing material for a week and that they plan to continue for another few days before revealing their findings next week.

Any move to send Carlson or his associates those video files may require approval from the Capitol Police Board, a three-member panel that makes security decisions for the complex. The board consists of McFarland, Senate Sergeant at Arms Karen Gibson and the Architect of the Capitol. (Manger is a non-voting member of the board.)
It’s unclear whether Carlson will be able to air any excerpts of the footage on his show.

" In a letter to House Democrats Tuesday, Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries said his team was still attempting to learn the details of House Republicans' arrangement with Carlson and said any transfer of footage "represents an egregious security breach that endangers the hardworking women and men of the United States Capitol Police."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is that.

And there ya go. I did NOT say they are number one because of their lies.

You certainly implied it. Like I said, Fox reports what other stations leave out because their audience doesn't want to hear it. The Hunter situation being a perfect example.

Find me a news network that's never wrong, never has opinions, or doesn't lie to please their audience, and I'll start watching that network.

Buckle up.

If you're a mainstream media normie, you're in for one helluva bumpy ride.
At some point soon we are going to have to thank Democrats for the Jan 6th investigation.

I am curious why McConnell and McCarthy rejected it. I don’t know. The Committee investigation was anything but bipartisan. The Republicans were cherry-picked and Pelosi was exempt from testifying. This is why a 9-11 Commission model is needed. If McCarhy and MoConnell stonewalled it for bullshit reasons I will be the first to criticize them for it.

In a statement explaining his opposition, McCarthy accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of failing to negotiate in good faith, while saying that the scope of the proposed legislation needed to also look at other episodes of political violence beyond Jan. 6.

You certainly implied it. Like I said, Fox reports what other stations leave out because their audience doesn't want to hear it. The Hunter situation being a perfect example.

Find me a news network that's never wrong, never has opinions, or doesn't lie to please their audience, and I'll start watching that network.
Implied your ass. I am not responsible for your fantasies

" In a letter to House Democrats Tuesday, Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries said his team was still attempting to learn the details of House Republicans' arrangement with Carlson and said any transfer of footage "represents an egregious security breach that endangers the Democratic tyrants of the United States of America."
fify......~S~

At some point soon we are going to have to thank Democrats for the Jan 6th investigation.

Democrats only think for the moment, not for the future. A lot of times it works out in our favor and sometimes they get away with it. I don't think they're going to get away with it this time. Between this footage, the dozen or so FBI and former FBI whistleblowers, testimony from the Biden's crime family former business partner Tony Bobulinksi, they have a lot on their plate they're going to have to try and explain.

these are the best four choices. Associated Press, WSJ, Reuters and BBC.
Opinions are often known as editorials, and thats typically where these outlets get their bias from. But these picks minimize the bias.

Capitol Police have been extremely reluctant to share large swaths of their security footage, citing potential risks to lawmakers, aides and officers tasked with protecting the building.

Somewhere during the J6 special, a judge addressed that issue as being a non starter.

Any move to send Carlson or his associates those video files may require approval from the Capitol Police Board, a three-member panel that makes security decisions for the complex.

Require approval? They are going over them now.

No chance the videos will contradict J6 'evidence' selectively edited in a partisan manner, to facilitate an agenda against Trump?
There's always a chance. There's a chance I will be able to seduce Shakira tomorrow. Just not a very good one.

I'll explain it to you like this. I know why they were in Washington. It didn't require Democrats or the FBI. I know what they listened to before they went to the Capitol. Those were speeches of most definitely not Democrats. I know why they went to the Capitol. It was because a certainly not Democrat told them to. I know what their intention was when they got there. Again, a most definitely not Democrat told them exactly what their presence was supposed to achieve.

You guys seem to be thinking is that it somehow though was the Democrats, or Antifa, or the FBI that caused them to attack police and break in. Something I find not a little bit weird. Considering it takes no imagination whatsoever to realize that large groups of upset people are capable of committing acts of violence without any prompting. Especially if you set up a permission structure, like for instance a perceived leader talking about not showing weakness and the like.

Considering it takes no imagination whatsoever to realize that large groups of upset people are capable of committing acts of violence without any prompting.
Particularly after listening to all the never ending lies, attacks, insinuations, all brought by the left, including congress and media, during His campaign and on into His term, all against a sitting president.
How much crap do people have to take before they react?
People who broke the law are dealing with the consequences of their actions.
January 6 was an eye opener for all the instigators from the left and the anger they created.

Particularly after listening to all the never ending lies, attacks, insinuations, all brought by the left, including congress and media, during His campaign and on into His term, all against a sitting president.
How much crap do people have to take before they react?
People who broke the law are dealing with the consequences of their actions.
January 6 was an eye opener for all the instigators from the left and the anger they created.
Those people weren't there because of any crap the Democrats told. They were there because they believed the crap of that poor victim of a president. The crap that claimed he actually won an election that he lost by 8 million votes. Blame democrats if you like. But it wasn't Democrats that organized the rally or told those people to go to the Capitol. That was your poor "victim" of a president.

Wow. You capitalized His.

Trump is your God. It's a cult thing.

Those people weren't there because of any crap the Democrats told.
Close to six years and they had it.

Wow. You capitalized His.

Trump is your God. It's a cult thing.
Sorry, didn't mean to trigger you....

Forum List

Back