HUGE: House Speaker McCarthy Handed Over 41,000 Hours of Jan 6 Video to Tucker Carlson

This is America. They can sue.

"In the courtroom, federal prosecutors have long tried to keep certain CCTV clips from the Capitol complex hidden from the public, saying in court that their release poses a national security risk and could give vital insight to bad actors who may be planning a future attack. US Capitol Police share the same concerns."

"January 6 defendants have access to thousands of hours of unreleased footage from the attack, as well from an online database, but the videos are tightly controlled by a protective order and defendants are not allowed to publicly release the clips."

Maybe the Fascists' want it for a training video for future more successful attacks when their candidates lose.

"A source familiar with the panel’s work told CNN that the unreleased footage was considered especially sensitive because it showed the movements of top officials while they evacuated to safety."

I thought you were referring to other news outlets since that's what we were talking about. Yes, the commies can try and take it to court if they desire. But good luck with that one.

RIP Ashli Babbitt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, LoLeft....THAT is a solution.
I personally think it is a good one; however.....

It was proposed. Seriously proposed. A "9-11'-grade Commission to study the January 6th insurrection by hordes of provoked MAGA-Trumpers.

Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell rejected it.

So what was eventually worked out was a bi-partisan Committee investigation that we all watched on the telly during 2022.

Then you can add OAN to our mix and The First which is where you can find the Bill O'Reilly show I just found out about.

Fox is number one because they can be trusted, good prime time shows, and great hosts of the shows.
Sure and NewMaxine too.

Except we now know their prime time hosts of the popular opinion shows lied their asses off for the Trumpyberra and his plot to overturn the election.

That means every other media company will get them through a FOIA request, and McCarthy will be forced to hand them over by a court. It also means that McCarthy has released sensitive information to the media about camera security at the Capitol. Which now puts him under a microscope by DHS.

Be careful what you say on the phone, what you text, and who you have meetings with Kev. Getting a warrant from a FISA court just got a lot easier in your case.

FOIA is only used when people are keeping information from all the public, not for being fair with all media outlets. If you think McCarthy did this on his own without seeking advice from lawyers, I think you're going to be terribly disappointed.

FOIA is only used when people are keeping information from all the public, not for being fair with all media outlets. If you think McCarthy did this on his own without seeking advice from lawyers, I think you're going to be terribly disappointed.
If government information is publicly available it is subject to FOIA.

Turning it over to Tuckems means it is publicly available

Sure and NewMaxine too.

Except we now know their prime time hosts of the popular opinion shows lied their asses off for the Trumpyberra and his plot to overturn the election.

Lied about what? People are allowed to have opinions you know. Every news network does it, and yes, lie when they think their audience wants to hear certain things. You know, like when Lemon Head claimed that Nikki Haley is past her prime to run for the Republican presidential nomination. Even his female co-hosts argued with him on that one. Or when Trump colluded with the Russians, or when Trump was a Russian agent, or when drug heads laptop was a farce.

Fox is number one because they can be trusted,

FOX can be trusted?
After what the whole world just saw in the court-released emails detailing their subterfuge and falsehoods?

Ray, settle down, son.
You are making your avatar look silly and unprepared to discuss serious issues.

You do have an opinion. I get that. But, amigo, it appears you are unwilling to invest even a modicum of due diligence to vet or substantiate your opinion.

You shouldn't do that. It makes that poor avatar you employ......well, it makes him look un-educated, and a poor student of events.

If government information is publicly available it is subject to FOIA.

Turning it over to Tuckems means it is publicly available

That's my point. They are releasing it to the public via Fox news network. It doesn't mean they have to give it to all networks. As long as people have access to it.

Lied about what? People are allowed to have opinions you know. Every news network does it, and yes, lie when they think their audience wants to hear certain things. You know, like when Lemon Head claimed that Nikki Haley is past her prime to run for the Republican presidential nomination. Even his female co-hosts argued with him on that one. Or when Trump colluded with the Russians, or when Trump was a Russian agent, or when drug heads laptop was a farce.
What they were claiming were supposedly facts. Spewed as facts.

Learn the difference between opinion and fact

It’s crucial

FOX can be trusted?
After what the whole world just saw in the court-released emails detailing their subterfuge and falsehoods?

Ray, settle down, son.
You are making your avatar look silly and unprepared to discuss serious issues.

You do have an opinion. I get that. But, amigo, it appears you are unwilling to invest even a modicum of due diligence to vet or substantiate your opinion.

You shouldn't do that. It makes that poor avatar you employ......well, it makes him look un-educated, and a poor student of events.

Again, Fox is the number one cable news network and has been for many years. You think the majority of cable news network viewers are wrong?

Just Tuck, because he's one of Trump's asseaters. One of many over at Fox, the network of traitors, liars, bullshit artists, scumbags, perverts, degenerates, sexual predators, Fascists & Putin apologists.
Got paid a bunch for that bye the DNC didn't ya let me guess PMSNBC and CNN are the gospel :auiqs.jpg:

No other media outlet wanted access? Really? They only wanted the Brown Shirts at Fox to have access?

Fox will lie thru their teeth over this footage & you rubes will swallow every bit of it just like you did after the election.
Is that you Adam Shit sorry shift

I read heard and watched a reasonable amount concerning the mess at the capital.
drew a conclusion about how & why it happened.
Why would I need hours more of political propaganda promoters, in either direction,
too keep me riled up about something that I had already made a reasonable decision about?
So you base your decision on a dozen or so hours of video, out of 41,000 hours.

Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg

It certainly does.

No it doesn't. That's not what FOIA is about. It's about keeping information from everybody like Piglosi did. Let them try a FOIA lawsuit and see what happens? A judge will look at it and say "WTF are they talking about? It was released to the public!"

Lied about what?
Pretty much all of Trumpys fraudulent claims.

"Sidney Powell is lying,” Tucker Carlson wrote to a producer about the Trump lawyer, who once claimed in a guest spot that voting technology companies “flipped” Trump votes to Biden. “Terrible stuff damaging everybody,” wrote company founder Rupert Murdoch, about wild claims raised by Powell and fellow Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani. The recipient of his note, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott, agreed. In another message, Murdoch referred to the claims as “really crazy stuff” and said that it was “very hard to credibly claim foul everywhere.” And of Giuliani, the former mayor of New York, Fox’s prime-time roster seemed to share a common opinion during these fraught weeks. He’s “acting like an insane person,” wrote Sean Hannity, star of the network’s 9 p.m. show, while his 10 p.m. colleague Laura Ingraham concurred: “Such an idiot.”

The hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham, as well as others at the company, repeatedly insulted and mocked Trump advisers, including Sidney Powell and Rudolph W. Giuliani, in text messages with each other in the weeks after the election, according to a legal filing on Thursday by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion is suing Fox for defamation in a case that poses considerable financial and reputational risk for the country’s most-watched cable news network.
“Sidney Powell is lying by the way. I caught her. It’s insane,” Mr. Carlson wrote to Ms. Ingraham on Nov. 18, 2020. Ms. Ingraham responded: “Sidney is a complete nut. No one will work with her. Ditto with Rudy.” Mr. Carlson continued, “Our viewers are good people and they believe it,” he added, making clear that he did not. The messages also show that such doubts extended to the highest levels of the Fox Corporation, with Rupert Murdoch, its chairman, calling Mr. Trump’s voter fraud claims “really crazy stuff.”
This material destroys Fox News' credentials as a legitimate news organization. Institutions of government and political organizations would be fully justified in revoking its media credentials. It has proven to be unworthy of support from any media outlet with any self-respect or devotion to its ultimate responsibility to help create an informed electorate capable of governing itself.

Turn off Faux. It's bad news for Americans.

Forum List

Back