Hurray for CO2!

The Earth's temperature increasing will have lots of different effects. Raising the average by 1C is not going to make all the ice on the planet disappear overnight. Raising the average by 1C is not going to kill us all from heat exhaustion. But it is enough to cause ice melt to increase and the amount of ice on the planet to shrink. It is enough to make the incidence of extreme high temperatures increase and the incidence of extreme colds decrease.

Except that the incidence of extreme cold is NOT decreasing. In fact it has been getting worse.

Did you have a point? Or a question?

My point is that if this is climate change, I'm all for it! :thup:

If CO2 is a problem how come we do not make more dry ice and promote that as the solution.

LOL. Oh well, what else to expect of someone with your reasoning powers:lol:

CO2 is turned into Dry Ice everyday, and at that, its your Scientist that I took this little bit from, yes that right the "Scientists" Old Crock worships has suggested we remove CO2 directly from the air, yet when I post the idea to turn CO2 into Dry Ice, Old Crock laughs at me and suggests my "reasoning powers" should be laughed at.

So Old Crock, this in not simply an idea I posted but something that is being Researched and Developed by you Green Nuts.

AirCap%20_simplewhatis.png

Capturing CO2 directly from the air allows emissions originating from any source to be managed with standardized scalable industrial facilities. Our full-scale design, for example, could absorb the emissions created by 300,000 typical cars.

Air capture is a tool for managing the buildup of CO2 in the atmosphere which drives climate change. Since much of the CO2 already emitted to the atmosphere will stay there for hundreds of years, air capture can serve as a complement to climate strategies that reduce emissions at their source. Air capture requires an energy source - such as natural gas, concentrated solar power, or nuclear – but typically energy is generated on-site so that any emissions incurred can be captured and delivered along with the CO2 from the air.

Direct air capture can remove far more CO2 per acre of land footprint than trees and plants (see FAQ for more details), and air capture produces a stream of pure CO2 as its principal output, for use in industrial applications or storage in geological formations deep underground.

So with such an inexpensive simple solution, why do people think manufacturing billions of tons of raw materials such as Silica into Windmills and Solar Panels is the solution.

Why is the Solution proposed costing us a $Trillion$ dollars and destroying thousands of miles of land?

One use, CO2 is turned into Dry Ice.

How about the other, use CO2 for Lasers!!!!!!!

What are we going to do with all the dry ice that doesn't just release co2 back into the atmosphere?

The Earth's temperature increasing will have lots of different effects. Raising the average by 1C is not going to make all the ice on the planet disappear overnight. Raising the average by 1C is not going to kill us all from heat exhaustion. But it is enough to cause ice melt to increase and the amount of ice on the planet to shrink. It is enough to make the incidence of extreme high temperatures increase and the incidence of extreme colds decrease.

Except that the incidence of extreme cold is NOT decreasing. In fact it has been getting worse.

We'll keep that in mind when people start dying and the number of climate refugees is into seven figures.

We'll keep that in mind when people start dying and the number of climate refugees is into seven figures.

Go ahead. Since that isn't going to happen, I'm not concerned.

Forum List

Back