Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 shows no benefit and more deaths in VA study

Must be another
Seriously, Gipper, supporters of the guy who inherited a big real estate company getting worked up over an expensive freezer and some ice cream? And you deflected from discussion of the VA study to bring it up.
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

Excuses? I don't need excuses. I'm a partisan and don't deny it. You must be another of those fierce independents who kick left and kiss right. How else was Nancy's ice cream relevant?

I should begin this thread by anticipating what lies Trumpette's will say about it. I can hear them now. "You are glad it didn't work." Just as they lie when saying, "you want the economy to crash." It's the kind of thing they do when their most Excellent, Infallible and Omnipotent Leader proves himself to be a modern day Elmer Gantry.

Trump-Boosted Malaria Drug Showed No Benefit In Study At Veterans Hospitals

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested."
............................................................................................................................................
We critics of Trump said at the outset the issue was there was no scientific evidence on which to promote the drug's efficacy in treating the virus. That concern has turned out to be correct. However, there was evidence it could be harmful.

Ultimately, the questions are these. Will the Conman-in-Chief be held responsible by Trumptards for recklessly pushing the use of this drug before it was shown to be effective? Will they acknowledge it was wrong for him to have done so? The answer............have popes covered up for child molesters.
There were more deaths among those who used that drug because, the people who used that drug were the worst case scenarios and already dying.

You don't know that.
Yes i do. They werent just handing it out willy nilly to anyone who asked for it.

What state were they in? Critical condition?

Hospitalized condition.
Huh they gave it to someone with a broken leg??

Hospitalized with coronavirus, obviously.
So they gave it to every single patient, did it work on some? Did the ones it didn’t work on Already reach a state that no medication could help them? Asking for a friend

It outlines the results in the study. What would be acceptable numbers by your standards?
I need to know many different things. And it’s not listed here.. it’s a fallacy study. Not surprising

Oh ok. So the following people:

Joseph Magagnoli, M.S.
Siddharth Narendran, M.D.
Felipe Pereira M.D.
Tammy Cummings, Ph.D
James W. Hardin, Ph.D
Scott Sutton, Pharm.D
Jayakrishna Ambati M.D.

are wrong because some janitor laid out vague requirements that aren't provided. Good to know.
Who knows or they journalists took the data out of context. I don’t really care I know it works

The data kind of speaks for itself. The numbers are pretty simple to understand. What specific issues do you have with the data they received?
Real data. Let’s wait for it to be reviewed.. stay close by hehe

What would be considered "real" data by your standards? How is this not real?
The experts will analyze it other doctors and I’ll get back to you tomorrow.. don’t run hehe

Ok, so who do you consider the experts? What would be considered real data?

Are you just waiting for Breitbart to tell you what you want to think?
Like I said don’t go Runaway now boy lol I’m not a doctor I’m gonna wait for other doctors to review the evidence I’ll get back to you and you can get on your hands and knees and beg for forgiveness

So you can't tell me any details. You're just going to wait for the first tabloid article to come out and latch onto whatever they say, regardless of their qualifications.
Would you post it was a tabloid I’m waiting for the experts to come out to get both sides of the evidence and I’ll make my best decision

Would I post it was a tabloid? What???

Let’s just wait for the experts to review this data don’t run away and we’ll talk more about it later? Let’s get both sides of the story

Sure, but who do you consider experts? Qualifications?
YOU MORON! This study was done on older men with pre-existing conditions, that already had tubes down there throats! Lol STOP YOUR FAKE NEWS YOU MORON!

I should begin this thread by anticipating what lies Trumpette's will say about it. I can hear them now. "You are glad it didn't work." Just as they lie when saying, "you want the economy to crash." It's the kind of thing they do when their most Excellent, Infallible and Omnipotent Leader proves himself to be a modern day Elmer Gantry.

"A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

Researchers did not track side effects, but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

Earlier this month, scientists in Brazil stopped part of a hydroxychloroquine study after heart rhythm problems developed in one-quarter of people given the higher of two doses being tested."
............................................................................................................................................
We critics of Trump said at the outset the issue was there was no scientific evidence on which to promote the drug's efficacy in treating the virus. That concern has turned out to be correct. However, there was evidence it could be harmful.

Ultimately, the questions are these. Will the Conman-in-Chief be held responsible by Trumptards for recklessly pushing the use of this drug before it was shown to be effective? Will they acknowledge it was wrong for him to have done so? The answer............have popes covered up for child molesters.
There were more deaths among those who used that drug because, the people who used that drug were the worst case scenarios and already dying.

You don't know that.
Yes i do. They werent just handing it out willy nilly to anyone who asked for it.

How do you know it? Link?

Wow, how irresponsible for the TRUMP hating left to promote a small study which isn't being released to the public touting the dangers of Hydroxychlorquine, a drug many take for lupus. I hope people who regularly are taking HC don't stop taking it out of fear based on this study or the people promoting it as being a dangerous drug causing death "will have blood on their hands"....

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

The Virus Obama paid the ChiComs to develop is sneaky

Wakes up and immediately starts another day of bombing the boards with fear mongering and TDS.

Must really suck to not have a life and let one man consume your every waking thought.

Wakes up and immediately notes that Donald Trump was WRONG again. Trump spent millions of taxpayer dollars cornering the market on this drug and told everyone to try it, and God help them they did.
Why are you spreading disinformation, you stupid kunt?

Trump did not tell everyone to try it, you lying scumbag.

Do you think disseminating that kind of disinformation is funny? What is your motivation for disseminating dangerous disinformation?

Fuck you. You're despicable.
We have the tape.

I’m more worried about what Gates, Soros, and the other billionaires are up to.
Spoken like an obedient cultist. When faced with a damning reality about your cult leader..........look the other way.
<sob>. But....but.....What about Soros?
Watch this you foolish dupes for the billionaires.

LOL...
You're butthurt over Nancy's penchant for ice cream?
It comes in all price ranges. You too could have a freezer full if you weren't such an idiot.

So much for the "Trump Pills"...

What a surprise
Why are so many people who are much more intelligent and knowledgeable than you taking HCQ?

New Delhi: Amid rising coronavirus cases in the country, the national task force for COVID-19 constituted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) has recommended hydroxy-chloroquine as a preventive medication for high-risk population.

According to the advisory, it should be given to high risk population -- asymptomatic healthcare workers involved in the care of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 and asymptomatic household contacts of laboratory confirmed cases.

Must be another
Seriously, Gipper, supporters of the guy who inherited a big real estate company getting worked up over an expensive freezer and some ice cream? And you deflected from discussion of the VA study to bring it up.

Excuses? I don't need excuses. I'm a partisan and don't deny it. You must be another of those fierce independents who kick left and kiss right. How else was Nancy's ice cream relevant?
Partisans are dumb. Why admit to being dumb?

Fake news ALERT! All the patients that passed away we’re older white men with pre-existing conditions many already had a tube down there throat!

Must be another

Your premise is flawed. Not all partisans are alike. Why pretend I admitted to something I didn't? Aren't you smarter than that?

Must be another

Your premise is flawed. Not all partisans are alike. Why pretend I admitted to something I didn't? Aren't you smarter than that?
True, but they’re all dumb.

Why are so many people who are much more intelligent and knowledgeable than you taking HCQ?
Because anyone can be fooled, because people are desperate, and because of moral hazard.

Now ask yourself why people would promote a treatment for which their is no good evidence of efficacy.

Forum List

Back