Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

It is for a 2 or 3 week trip to a malaria zone..
That's not "preventative", it's contingency planning.
You're missing any of the "science" that you folks CLAIM you like...
And you're missing any science to back your false claims of effectiveness of this drug. Because it doesn't exist.

You can lead the brain dead to links, but you can't cure them...
But nothing in your link speaks to anything i said. You got confused about that to which i responded. That's twice i have had to tell you that.

I heard an interview with the beautiful governor of South Dakota on Glenn Beck today. She's starting tests today with hydroxychloroquine. 'bout time!

Too bad for her, it doesn’t work

6200 doctors worldwide reported that it DID... I've posted that link about dozen times times now... 74% of doctors treating Covid in Spain reported they USED HCQ, More than 1/2 in France.. Rated it the MOST effective treatment that had to offer out of a choice of 12 drugs...

You're not gonna get absolute numbers out of this for a year or more... There's NO TIME to produce "blind studies" and IF THEY DID -- it would be immoral to use these desperate patients by NOT TELLING them if they were getting treatment or a placebo....
There is no magic cure

All potential remedies have their advantages and risks. It is up to researchers around the globe to assess those risks. I trust their views over the misinformation being sent out by our head cheerleader

You're missing any of the "science" that you folks CLAIM you like... HCQuine is one of the world's better known drugs for being prescribed for over 40 years... This POLITICAL game you're playing is over Trump showing hope and compassion to people worried and suffering.. ITS ONLY about the efficacy of the drug for relieving COVID symptoms... Whether that 40% or 80% efficient DOES NOT MATTER at this point.. Science can't work that fast. And it would be IMMORAL to put too many patients in "placebo doubt" about whether they are GETTING any treatment right now...
Trump is the one trying to bypass long proven medical protocols.

Remember, we are taking the advice of a man who has never met a conspiracy theory he didn’t like. A man who believes vaccines cause autism. That windmills cause cancer. That exercise is bad for you.

Let’s leave it to medical researchers to determine the correct medical protocols for patients, not the “gut feelings” of a known charlatan

I heard an interview with the beautiful governor of South Dakota on Glenn Beck today. She's starting tests today with hydroxychloroquine. 'bout time!

6200 doctors worldwide reported that it DID... I've posted that link about dozen times times now... 74% of doctors treating Covid in Spain reported they USED HCQ, More than 1/2 in France.. Rated it the MOST effective treatment that had to offer out of a choice of 12 drugs...

You're not gonna get absolute numbers out of this for a year or more... There's NO TIME to produce "blind studies" and IF THEY DID -- it would be immoral to use these desperate patients by NOT TELLING them if they were getting treatment or a placebo....
There is no magic cure

All potential remedies have their advantages and risks. It is up to researchers around the globe to assess those risks. I trust their views over the misinformation being sent out by our head cheerleader
The abortion argument.

If you dont want the drug, DONT TAKE IT. Freedom of CHOICE

In fact, should you be on your death bed, you should be denied the opportunity to take the drug
What an idiot

Medical care determined by patients
Patient and their doctor.

Mind your own business busybody
Doctors can already prescribe it off label.

If you're talking about Lupus and RArthritis those are APPROVED uses... I'm not aware of other off label uses except CVid and I assume after 45 years MOST uses would be APPROVED uses.. But if you acknowledge this ----
Then why are you whining about this off-label use under medical supervision?

flacaltenn said:
It is for a 2 or 3 week trip to a malaria zone..
That's not "preventative", it's contingency planning.

BZZZZZT... Wrong. THere are CHOICES for malaria PREVENTION.. HCQuine in REDUCED doses is ONE of them...

Go down to the interactive chart and pick HCQ -- It's a reduced dose protocol...

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

If you dont want the drug, DONT TAKE IT. Freedom of CHOICE

In fact, should you be on your death bed, you should be denied the opportunity to take the drug
What an idiot

Medical care determined by patients
Patient and their doctor.

Mind your own business busybody
Doctors can already prescribe it off label.

I was referring this bout with Death Angel... What were you referring to in that last response.. WHAT can doctors prescribe off label??? If you're referring to HCQuine for CVid -- you're entirely right and it SHOULD be choice between you and your doctor..

Do you support "Right to DIE"??? Then why not "Right to TRY"? BOTH under med supervision...

Those are ON LABEL scripts..
Wrong. Prescribing either drug (hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine) to treat covid19 is off label use. the FDA approved this, at Trump's insistence.

Trump didn't INSIST.. The nation was stockpiling it and wanted a TEMPORARY ON LABEL allowance from the FDA... Which they GOT apparently and I was unaware.. MEANING that it;'s NOW an ONLABEL script pursuant to the guidelines in the memo,.. You READ it wrong..

Makes sense sense about 60 or 80 Univ are plowing ahead with the clinical studies and they need the LEGAL cover to experiment on Human Guinea pigs during a crisis...

Based upon limited in-vitro and anecdotal clinical data in case series, chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate are currently recommended for treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in several countries, and a number of national guidelines report incorporating recommendations regarding use of chloroquine phosphate or hydroxychloroquine sulfate in the setting of COVID-19. FDA encourages the conduct and participation in randomized controlled clinical trials that may produce evidence concerning the effectiveness of these products in treating COVID-19. FDA is issuing this EUA to facilitate the availability of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate during the COVID-19 pandemic to treat patients for whom a clinical trial is not available, or participation is not feasible. Having concluded that the criteria for issuance of this authorization under 564(c) of the Act are met, I am authorizing the emergency use of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate, as described in the Scope of Authorization section of this letter (Section II) for treatment of COVID-19 when clinical trials are not available, or participation is not feasible, subject to the terms of this authorization.

So there you go kimosabe.. It's NOW an FDA approved USE of the drug...

Trump didn't INSIST
Wrong. It was a directive from him to the Secretary of HHS to the FDA.
Makes sense sense about 60 or 80 Univ are plowing ahead with the clinical studies and they need the LEGAL cover to experiment on Human Guinea pigs during a crisis...
No, that doesn't make sense. In fact, that;'s embarrassingly stupid and wrong, and you should feel embarrassed of yourself for implying it.

Forum List

Back