Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

There are no quick, magic fixes

Did ya READ the link... Or just see TRUMP in the title???

The Infectious Diseases Society of America guidelines panel on Saturday recommended patients hospitalized with COVID-19 be given chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine in the context of a clinical trial.

Rajesh Gandhi, an infectious diseases physician at Massachusetts General Hospital and professor at Harvard Medical School, was on the IDSA guidelines panel that created the guidelines published over the weekend.
"The IDSA guidelines panel concluded that the data so far for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine is insufficient to be either for or against it," Gandhi said. "We don’t know that it doesn’t work or that it works."

SO --- who ya gonna believe? A VERY TINY trial in Brazil where they did NOT TELL you whether it was prescribed for In patient or Out Patient treatment and whether they FOLLOWED the normal prescribing guidelines for MONITORING folks with preexisting CHFailure or arrythmias ---

Or the guidelines from US Infectious Disease for the CURRENT 80 or 100 CLINICAL trials in USA now BEING APPROVED???

This is very promising and important: A renowned French medical researcher, Dr. Didier Raoult, who has been tasked by the French government to find a treatment for COVID-19, is reporting that when the drug chloroquine/hydroxy chloroquine has been used on people infected with COVID-19, the drug has caused "a rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process." This drug has been used for years to treat malaria. A new study, published on Friday, March 13, by U.S. scientific researchers, also said that chloroquine "appeared to be an effective treatment, and appeared to align with the findings in France." South Korea and China are already using the drug to successfully treat COVID-19 patients.

French lab offers ‘millions of doses’ of Covid-19 drug

Tucker Carlson did a segment about this drug on his TV program tonight, which included an interview with a medical researcher from Stanford University. Here's the interview segment--it's barely 3 minutes long, and well worth the time:

Study: Malaria drug could be used to treat coronavirus
Did you know that you can buy Peruvian Bark, or Cinchona, which can be found in Latino grocery stores? The same stuff has quinine in it. It is like the magic cure-all for many ailments. Like malaria.
I mix Gin with tonic and quinine.

So you think every single one is lying.
Not one of the options I listed was "lying". So i can say I don't think any of them are lying at all, and my response still stands, in its entirety. Goddamn, you're like a child. This is pointless.

If you won't put on your big boy pants for me, put them on for yourself and read this:

So aside from 100s of testimonials? Again if your loved one was very ill with the COVID-19 would you ask the MD to use it. Yes or no? I 100% would.

No, the indications are that hydroxychloroquine will make it easier for COVID-19 to start an infection if you do not already have one. In fact, hydroxychloroquine is only good if you already have pneumonia, and your immune system is attacking your lungs.
So only a doctor can tell if it will be helpful or harmful in each case.
Ummm, no. Chloroquine inhibits the virus’ ability to replicate itself.

No, that is not true. That is a guess based on using hydroxychloroquine as a transport mechanism to carry zine or other things into cells, to make them more akaline or otherwise less conducive to virus replication. Nothing totally stops virus replication, and anything interfering with virus replication also is harmful to the human cells as well.
Didn’t say it totally stops it. It disrupts and inhibits it.

The main thing that hydroxychloroquine does that is helpful, has nothing to do with the COVID-19 virus. After a person has pneumonia from COVID-19, then the immune systems starts to kill the perons by attacking the compromised lungs. So then hydroxychloroquine saves lives by suppressing the immune system. When it does this, it saves lives without any effect on the COVID-19 virus at all.
The secondary way hydroxychloroquine does slightly harm COVID-19 virus directly is to help transport drugs and zinc into individual cells, where virus reproduction can then be inhibited. But that is very risky, since anything that inhibits virus reproduction, will also be harming human cells to some degree.
Antimalarial medications are extremely safe and do not overtly suppress the immune system. Patients taking hydroxychloroquine and chloroquineshould be monitored by an ophthalmologist to screen for a very rare eye side effect called antimalarial retinopathy.

Like I said before chloroquine is an ionophore which transports zinc intercellularly where the zinc inhibits the rna replicase of the virus.

what you are arguing is incorrect.

No what you are saying is totally and completely incorrect.
The whole point of hydroxychloroquine is entirely to suppress an over active immune system.
That is ALWAYS what it is prescribed for and is only what it does.
That is why it is given to malaria patients, to bring down their fever.
That is why it is given to lupus patients, where the immune system is the culprit.
That is whey it is given to arthritic patients, where it is the immune system doing the damage.

There are lot of other better treatments to help get things like zinc through cell membranes, and hydroxychloroquine should not be used for that. That is because hydroxychloroquine will have the side effect of increasing a slight case of COVID-19.
This should be obvious to anyone because if zinc were to interfere with RNA replication inside a cell, then it would also interfere with all cellular RNA and DNA activities, such as the production of necessary enzymes, reproduction, etc.

As for malaria treatment, when hydroxychloroquine is used as an ionophore, it is to KILL the targeted cell. It is to pump zinc into invading parasitic infestation. It is not what you want to ever do to human cells, as it is fatal. It just so happens that malaria parasites are very susceptible to it. But human cells are not. So it should not be used on human cells, is WAY too dangerous, and ineffective.

In patients without complications -- it STILL provides a suppression to immune system much LESS than the effect from chemo or radiation for instance.. That's why you have to be otherwise HEALTHY or monitored IN HOSPITAL for this to be recommended as a treatment...

I've been ON HCQ for worldwide travels I used to take.. I HAVE a suppressed immune response and was allowed to take it as a preventative. So has MOST of our military, state dept, intel folks..

I heard an interview with the beautiful governor of South Dakota on Glenn Beck today. She's starting tests today with hydroxychloroquine. 'bout time!

Too bad for her, it doesn’t work

6200 doctors worldwide reported that it DID... I've posted that link about dozen times times now... 74% of doctors treating Covid in Spain reported they USED HCQ, More than 1/2 in France.. Rated it the MOST effective treatment that had to offer out of a choice of 12 drugs...

You're not gonna get absolute numbers out of this for a year or more... There's NO TIME to produce "blind studies" and IF THEY DID -- it would be immoral to use these desperate patients by NOT TELLING them if they were getting treatment or a placebo....
There is no magic cure

All potential remedies have their advantages and risks. It is up to researchers around the globe to assess those risks. I trust their views over the misinformation being sent out by our head cheerleader

I heard an interview with the beautiful governor of South Dakota on Glenn Beck today. She's starting tests today with hydroxychloroquine. 'bout time!

6200 doctors worldwide reported that it DID... I've posted that link about dozen times times now... 74% of doctors treating Covid in Spain reported they USED HCQ, More than 1/2 in France.. Rated it the MOST effective treatment that had to offer out of a choice of 12 drugs...

You're not gonna get absolute numbers out of this for a year or more... There's NO TIME to produce "blind studies" and IF THEY DID -- it would be immoral to use these desperate patients by NOT TELLING them if they were getting treatment or a placebo....
There is no magic cure

All potential remedies have their advantages and risks. It is up to researchers around the globe to assess those risks. I trust their views over the misinformation being sent out by our head cheerleader
The abortion argument.

If you dont want the drug, DONT TAKE IT. Freedom of CHOICE

In fact, should you be on your death bed, you should be denied the opportunity to take the drug

So you think every single one is lying.
Not one of the options I listed was "lying". So i can say I don't think any of them are lying at all, and my response still stands, in its entirety. Goddamn, you're like a child. This is pointless.

If you won't put on your big boy pants for me, put them on for yourself and read this:

So aside from 100s of testimonials? Again if your loved one was very ill with the COVID-19 would you ask the MD to use it. Yes or no? I 100% would.

No, the indications are that hydroxychloroquine will make it easier for COVID-19 to start an infection if you do not already have one. In fact, hydroxychloroquine is only good if you already have pneumonia, and your immune system is attacking your lungs.
So only a doctor can tell if it will be helpful or harmful in each case.
Ummm, no. Chloroquine inhibits the virus’ ability to replicate itself.

No, that is not true. That is a guess based on using hydroxychloroquine as a transport mechanism to carry zine or other things into cells, to make them more akaline or otherwise less conducive to virus replication. Nothing totally stops virus replication, and anything interfering with virus replication also is harmful to the human cells as well.
Didn’t say it totally stops it. It disrupts and inhibits it.

The main thing that hydroxychloroquine does that is helpful, has nothing to do with the COVID-19 virus. After a person has pneumonia from COVID-19, then the immune systems starts to kill the perons by attacking the compromised lungs. So then hydroxychloroquine saves lives by suppressing the immune system. When it does this, it saves lives without any effect on the COVID-19 virus at all.
The secondary way hydroxychloroquine does slightly harm COVID-19 virus directly is to help transport drugs and zinc into individual cells, where virus reproduction can then be inhibited. But that is very risky, since anything that inhibits virus reproduction, will also be harming human cells to some degree.
Antimalarial medications are extremely safe and do not overtly suppress the immune system. Patients taking hydroxychloroquine and chloroquineshould be monitored by an ophthalmologist to screen for a very rare eye side effect called antimalarial retinopathy.

Like I said before chloroquine is an ionophore which transports zinc intercellularly where the zinc inhibits the rna replicase of the virus.

what you are arguing is incorrect.

No what you are saying is totally and completely incorrect.
The whole point of hydroxychloroquine is entirely to suppress an over active immune system.
That is ALWAYS what it is prescribed for and is only what it does.
That is why it is given to malaria patients, to bring down their fever.
That is why it is given to lupus patients, where the immune system is the culprit.
That is whey it is given to arthritic patients, where it is the immune system doing the damage.

There are lot of other better treatments to help get things like zinc through cell membranes, and hydroxychloroquine should not be used for that. That is because hydroxychloroquine will have the side effect of increasing a slight case of COVID-19.
This should be obvious to anyone because if zinc were to interfere with RNA replication inside a cell, then it would also interfere with all cellular RNA and DNA activities, such as the production of necessary enzymes, reproduction, etc.

As for malaria treatment, when hydroxychloroquine is used as an ionophore, it is to KILL the targeted cell. It is to pump zinc into invading parasitic infestation. It is not what you want to ever do to human cells, as it is fatal. It just so happens that malaria parasites are very susceptible to it. But human cells are not. So it should not be used on human cells, is WAY too dangerous, and ineffective.

In patients without complications -- it STILL provides a suppression to immune system much LESS than the effect from chemo or radiation for instance.. That's why you have to be otherwise HEALTHY or monitored IN HOSPITAL for this to be recommended as a treatment...

I've been ON HCQ for worldwide travels I used to take.. I HAVE a suppressed immune response and was allowed to take it as a preventative. So has MOST of our military, state dept, intel folks..

But hydroxychloroquine is not good as a preventive.
Since it suppresses your immune system even more, that allows the COVID-19 to multiply even faster. It is only good after you have a high and deadly fever.
It should not be taken before then.

There are no quick, magic fixes

Are antibiotics "magical?"

No, antibiotics are well understood, tested, and explained how and why they work.
But hydroxychloroquine does nothing to a virus.
You can test it, run lab experiments, etc., and it really does pretty much nothing to a virus.
All hydroxychloroquine does is slow down your own immune response, and that is only good if your own immune response is killing you.

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

In fact, should you be on your death bed, you should be denied the opportunity to take the drug

Feel free to take what you want.
Does not matter to me.

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

Feel free to take what you want.
Does not matter to me.
Nobody needs your permission.

But our governor tried to deny us that choice.

Fun stat for you trogldytes that still are pushing how DANGEROUS HCQuine is... Looked up the worldwide PRODUCTION numbers on the drug... Fun facts....

From the Wiki..

Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the

World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective

medicines needed in a health system.[7] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed

medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[8][9]

-times-capacity-to-meet-demand/story/400419.html

Key Highlights

Pharma companies to increase production capacity by 5-6 times to 70 MT per month

Means Hydroxycloroquine NORMAL production was 10 MEGATONS per month....

Pharma companies to increase production capacity by 5-6 times to 70 MT per month

From your link: "Indian pharmaceutical companies are raising monthly production of anti-malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) four times to 40 metric tonnes (MT) by the end of this month and five to six times to over 70 metric tonnes (MT) by next month."

You are making shit up all the time. This time you have exaggerated production by a mere six orders of magnitude. But...

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

What an idiot

Medical care determined by patients

There is no magic cure

You're missing any of the "science" that you folks CLAIM you like... HCQuine is one of the world's better known drugs for being prescribed for over 40 years... This POLITICAL game you're playing is over Trump showing hope and compassion to people worried and suffering.. ITS ONLY about the efficacy of the drug for relieving COVID symptoms... Whether that 40% or 80% efficient DOES NOT MATTER at this point.. Science can't work that fast. And it would be IMMORAL to put too many patients in "placebo doubt" about whether they are GETTING any treatment right now...

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

What an idiot

You in favor of "right to die"??? Why NOT "right to TRY" if you're gonna die??? Under medical supervision in both cases of course...

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

What an idiot

Patient and their doctor.

Mind your own business busybody

Fun stat for you trogldytes that still are pushing how DANGEROUS HCQuine is... Looked up the worldwide PRODUCTION numbers on the drug... Fun facts....

From the Wiki..

Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the

World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective

medicines needed in a health system.[7] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed

medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[8][9]

-times-capacity-to-meet-demand/story/400419.html

Key Highlights

From your link: "Indian pharmaceutical companies are raising monthly production of anti-malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) four times to 40 metric tonnes (MT) by the end of this month and five to six times to over 70 metric tonnes (MT) by next month."

You are making shit up all the time. This time you have exaggerated production by a mere six orders of magnitude. But...

OK -- I mistype it.. You caught me.. I guess YOU are better than I am... I'll fix that...

There is no magic cure

The abortion argument.

What an idiot

Patient and their doctor.

Mind your own business busybody
Doctors can already prescribe it off label.

But hydroxychloroquine is not good as a preventive.

It is for a 2 or 3 week trip to a malaria zone..

Since it suppresses your immune system even more, that allows the COVID-19 to multiply even faster. It is only good after you have a high and deadly fever.

And that IS the clinical guidelines just laid out by the "Infectious Disease Society" for ALL Covid trials.. I agree -- as an off label treatment -- it NEEDS to be in patient..

Forum List

Back