Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Oregon study on Vitamin C...........seen many saying that on these boards......and it's possible that the Vitamin C helps recovery. And while it is a long study........seems they have used it in China already.

Vitamin C has multiple in-vivo effects on immune modulation that may, in sum, limit the development of the cytokine excess associated with critical illness. It is currently being studied in a clinical trial as a treatment for severe SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in China and recommended as a supplement in standard treatment of COVID-19.

There are no medications currently approved for treatment of COVID-19. Hydroxychloroquine is a known drug with low toxicity that may reduce progression of respiratory symptoms and resulting hospitalizations. This randomized control study will assess its potential as an off-label treatment in reducing the rates of hospitalization and subsequent mechanical ventilation from COVID-19 infection compared to standard of care treatment with Vitamin C. A randomized control trial with placebo is impractical due to the increasing availability of this medication to the public.

Because cytokines are essentially chemical messengers, they can help to regulate the nature and intensity of the response of the body’s immune system. Taking cues from the signals conveyed by the these proteins, the immune system would be able to stimulate production of necessary chemicals to fight infection as well as take other measures to suppress the spread of harmful bacteria.

An example of how cytokines influence the immune system is that the prompting of these proteins can cause the immune system to temporarily increase the production of T-cells to combat an infection, then signal for the excess production to cease when the bacteria is brought under control. As signaling compounds, cytokines keep cell communication functioning at all times.

Trump is the one trying to bypass long proven medical protocols.

If ya can't focus long enough on serious discussion long enough WITHOUT getting your fuck Trump fix -- you're not thinking straight...
No, seriously
Fuk Trump

He has no medical experience and his medical proclamations are generally worthy of mocking.

His pushing of medical solutions based on his gut feelings are a disservice to this country.

We need to listen to Dr Fauci who advises caution rather than jumping at gimmicks

On Sunday, those 39 patients finished five days of treatment with hydroxychloroquine. Dr. Armstrong said no one experienced any side effects.

“We've got one patient now that kind of goes back and forth,” said Dr. Armstrong, “He's an older gentleman, but we're kind of nursing him through the process, but he's getting better.

Two patients receiving hydroxychloroquine have had to go to hospital for unrelated conditions, Armstrong disclosed; a woman had a fall and a man got dehydrated in his room because he was not eating and drinking.

But for the first time since this treatment began, many of those who have recovered from the virus have been able to go outside and get some fresh air over the last 48 hours, Armstrong said.

On Sunday, those 39 patients finished five days of treatment with hydroxychloroquine. Dr. Armstrong said no one experienced any side effects.

“We've got one patient now that kind of goes back and forth,” said Dr. Armstrong, “He's an older gentleman, but we're kind of nursing him through the process, but he's getting better.

Two patients receiving hydroxychloroquine have had to go to hospital for unrelated conditions, Armstrong disclosed; a woman had a fall and a man got dehydrated in his room because he was not eating and drinking.

But for the first time since this treatment began, many of those who have recovered from the virus have been able to go outside and get some fresh air over the last 48 hours, Armstrong said.

“Most of the patients have done well. And, you know, and I think that that is suggestive that the medication is helpful,” Armstrong told WFAA.

Well, it isn't suggestive of that at all. This is precisely NOT how scientific studies of efficacy are conducted. This literally gives us zero useful information.

Well, it isn't suggestive of that at all. This is precisely NOT how scientific studies of efficacy are conducted. This literally gives us zero useful information.

And we have CLOSE to zero effective therapies... What you're asking for can't BE DONE in the timeframe of this unprecedented crisis and wouldn't MATTER if the success rate was 40% versus 60%... PLENTY of drugs on the market that are ONLY 30% effective.... Some critical testing kits are only 80% correct...

What you're asking for can't BE DONE in the timeframe of this unprecedented crisis
Actually, it can. In fact, we will have prelim data back within probably a month or so from the ny trials.

And what you are saying is not a good reasons to put into widespread use a non proven treatment anyway. In fact, thats a reason NOT to do that, as our use of time and resources is critical right now.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
@Fort Fun Indiana How "TESTED" are those covid test kits that got rushed out in about 5 weeks time?
Not a good comparison. That is not "medicine".

And, as you apparently forgot, the first series that was rushed to market was, in fact, complete garbage. Are you trying to make my point, or yours? ;)

If I ever get that Corona Virus..... and I touch wood I won't ;) the first thing I will ask my doctor is about Hydroxychloroquine

And I will take the pill in a heartbeat.

That's how much I trust that medicine.:thup:

If I ever get that Corona Virus..... and I touch wood I won't ;) the first thing I will ask my doctor is about Hydroxychloroquine

That's how much I trust that medicine.:thup:
Those with TDS can refuse the coctail............and take their chances.....yes....I agree with that.

Diagnostic tools "are not medicine"????
Specifically meaning, medicines to treat symptoms are disease. You probably could have figured that out, with a little effort.

FDA requires SAME STRINGENT standards of proof for medical devices and tests.. What's the good of having approved meds if you don't have approved testing and diagnostics??? You really think the 4 or 5 weeks was STRINGENT SCIENTIFIC REVIEW? When 4 of those weeks were corporate Research and Product design????

What you're asking for can't BE DONE in the timeframe of this unprecedented crisis
Actually, it can. In fact, we will have prelim data back within probably a month or so from the ny trials.

And what you are saying is not a good reasons to put into widespread use a non proven treatment anyway. In fact, thats a reason NOT to do that, as our use of time and resources is critical right now.
These Trump kool-aid drinkers haven't got enough sense to pour piss out of a boot. They'll listen to Trump before they'll listen to the advise of Fauci. If this doesn't prove "natural selection" I don't know what does.

FDA requires SAME STRINGENT standards of proof for medical devices and tests..
False, of course. Not only are they not the same standards, the FDA can change standards on the fly, such as when they approved these drugs for off label use a few weeks ago.

Dude, correcting you is a full time job. I think i m going to let someone else sift through your madeup nonsense for a while.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
So what? Is that supposed to impress somebody? That's only evidence of what happens when very influential people say things on television.

You mean like all those Spanish, French, Italian doctors who reported good results?? Sure... That's what RATIONAL people heard... YOU OTH -- "fuck Trump"...

FDA requires SAME STRINGENT standards of proof for medical devices and tests..
False, of course. Not only are they not the same standards, the FDA can change standards on the fly, such as when they approved these drugs for off label use a few weeks ago.

Dude, correcting you is a full time job. I think i m going to let someone else sift through your madeup nonsense for a while.
They are clueless.

Forum List

Back