🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

You know, when I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, we trained a full week each month to guard the base. That included shooting at targets, as well as learning how to hide behind things and shoot, as well as learning ammo control (no more than 3 shots at any target, some requiring just one or two).

No. I don't think that spending an hour or two at the range every month practicing shooting at stationary targets is going to cut it.

Sure, cause the most likely scenario for an armed
You know, when I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, we trained a full week each month to guard the base. That included shooting at targets, as well as learning how to hide behind things and shoot, as well as learning ammo control (no more than 3 shots at any target, some requiring just one or two).

No. I don't think that spending an hour or two at the range every month practicing shooting at stationary targets is going to cut it.

Was your training based on the scenario of a single teen attacker armed with a civilian semi auto rifle?

Hallway_of_Reading_High_School-900x450.jpg

you're the Athletic Director, you're in your office (front left beside the sign over the door) - you hear shooting and kids screaming for their life .. you open the gun safe in your closet, get your Glock 23 semi auto 9mm pistol and start out the door ... at the other end of the hall theres a kid standing at the bottom of the stairs with a semi auto AR 15 spraying shots down the hall in your direction as fast as he can squeeze the trigger, and bullets whizzing by you one after the other .. lets say those stairs are at least 45-50 steps, probably more... a lengthy shot for a pistol whatever the exact distance ... under those conditions, students running every direction, crowded hallway - could

YOU

leave your room, stay under total control,take careful aim and kill or wound the shooter stopping him from killing students without hitting and injuring any kids yourself?

Ive been around guns all of my life. I started shooting .22 rimfire pistols when I was 6 - .357 mag pistols when I was 12. I rate the degree of difficulty in that exact scenario on a scale of 1-10 .. 100+

what would you do ?

I do not want children harm. I want to save as many as possible.

Therefore I would

1) include an AK47 or AR15 in my arsenal

2) practice, practice, practice

3) send the little motherfucker to the juvenile detention center in hell

NEWER schools (some of them) have steel, bullet resistant doors. Most do not and never will with Republicans holding the purse strings.

Steel doors are cheaper than wood doors. The bullet proof kind are probably more expensive.However, even if bullets can penetrate the door, that doesn't mean the shooter can kill anyone inside. All the people inside have to do to avoid being shot is stand away from the door. Probably one thing they should change is adding a dead bolt to the doors which would prevent the shooter from entering without anyone having to hold the door. That alone would have saved a lot of lives in the FL shooting.
What happened at Douglas is there were kids stuck in hallways because teachers already locked the doors before they could get in. That is how many of the kids got shot. One teacher was killed because they opened the door to let a student in.

All the more reason to arm the teachers.
Arming teachers will result in more people getting shot.

The solution is to prevent folks like Cruz from buying weapons like an AR-15.
I don't buy that shit. If proper procedures are implemented, the rish will be minimal. A number of states already have programs that allow qualified teachers to carry concealed firearms.

Your idea of preventing folks like Cruz from getting Ar-15 is to abolish the 2nd Amendment,
LOLOLOL

Who the fuck gives a shit what you buy??

Need I remind the forum you bought the bullshit that David Hogg graduated in 2015 from a high school in California?

You’re a fucking moron... remember? You even call yourself a fucking moron..,
You have to be a fucking moron to believe the photo is showing the Cuban coast.
Well, what do you know, that picture is actually in Cuba.

Arming teachers will result in more people getting shot.

The solution is to prevent folks like Cruz from buying weapons like an AR-15.

Right, we are going to make sure that he doesn't buy a weapon like that. How?

And what if the next shooter uses a semi-automatic handgun? What would your solution be then?
Let’s start with better scrutinized background checks and getting people with mental health issues onto lists banning them from purchasing any semiautomatic weapon.

I thought we did that now provided there was a history of mental illness. I don't think that was the case with Cruz.

Then it boils down to what is mental illness? Anxiety that you need medication for? Attention Deficit Disorder? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Bipolar? Depression?
Anyone being treated for any mental illness should be barred from legally purchasing any semiautomatic weapon.

ROFL! So if your doctor prescribes a few Zoloft, that means you lose your 2nd Amendment rights?
Better than your idea to let someone who is mentally ill purchase as many AR-15’s as they want.

And what if the next shooter uses a semi-automatic handgun? What would your solution be then?
Let’s start with better scrutinized background checks and getting people with mental health issues onto lists banning them from purchasing any semiautomatic weapon.

I thought we did that now provided there was a history of mental illness. I don't think that was the case with Cruz.

Then it boils down to what is mental illness? Anxiety that you need medication for? Attention Deficit Disorder? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Bipolar? Depression?
Anyone being treated for any mental illness should be barred from legally purchasing any semiautomatic weapon.

ROFL! So if your doctor prescribes a few Zoloft, that means you lose your 2nd Amendment rights?
Better than your idea to let someone who is mentally ill purchase as many AR-15’s as they want.

Yo motherfucker

Is someone who opposes the bankrupt gargantuan welfare/warfare police state MENTALLY ILL?

In the former soviet Union and Cuba, et al PSYCHIATRY WAS/IS A TOOL OF THE STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And because of would be abusers like Faun, is why we can't do the sensible thing and actually lock up crazy people.
Oh? So it’s not ok with you to restrict 2nd Amendment rights of the mentally ill but it is ok with you to restrict all of their rights?

Yo motherfucker

Is someone who opposes the bankrupt gargantuan welfare/warfare police state MENTALLY ILL?

In the former soviet Union and Cuba, et al PSYCHIATRY WAS/IS A TOOL OF THE STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, that’s not a definition of mentally ill. What the fuck is wrong with you??

Yo motherfucker

WHO DEFINES MENTALLY ILL?

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

And because of would be abusers like Faun, is why we can't do the sensible thing and actually lock up crazy people.
Oh? So it’s not ok with you to restrict 2nd Amendment rights of the mentally ill but it is ok with you to restrict all of their rights?

You were clearly pushing to abuse the mental health system as a back door to gun control.

Fear of abuse like that, that you were just nice enough to demonstrate, is a strong argument against giving the State power to institutionalize dangerously crazy people.

Good job. Think of that, the next time you hear of a dangerously crazy person committing mass murder.

You are part of the reason they were not institutionalized, and getting the treatment they needed.

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

In the an above post YOU defined it as "anyone being treated for any mental illness".

Thanks for showing why we can't trust liberals.

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

BULLSHIT.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FOOL> YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH US HISTORY

In 1914 the Harrison Narcotic Act was enacted to TAX TAX NARCOTICS

20 years laters it was construed as BANNING NARCOTICS

You have no idea how corrupt the powers-that-be can be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were clearly pushing to abuse the mental health system as a back door to gun control.

Fear of abuse like that, that you were just nice enough to demonstrate, is a strong argument against giving the State power to institutionalize dangerously crazy people.

Good job. Think of that, the next time you hear of a dangerously crazy person committing mass murder.

You are part of the reason they were not institutionalized, and getting the treatment they needed.
Moron.... locking up mentally ill people takes away all their rights. You were actually proposing doing that but you’re against just taking away their 2nd Amendment rights. :cuckoo:

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

BULLSHIT.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FOOL> YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH US HISTORY

In 1914 the Harrison Narcotic Act was enacted to TAX TAX NARCOTICS

20 years laters it was construed as BANNING NARCOTICS

You have no idea how corrupt the powers-that-be can be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
l3ol6.gif

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

In the an above post YOU defined it as "anyone being treated for any mental illness".

So? Who treats mentally ill if not doctors? Now you can’t trust doctors to evaluate patients?

Moron.... locking up mentally ill people takes away all their rights. You were actually proposing doing that but you’re against just taking away their 2nd Amendment rights. :cuckoo:

IF they are really dangerous to themselves or others, they need to be institutionalized, not have their weapons choices slightly restricted.

If they are not dangerous to themselves or others, than taking their rights away because you have an excuse, is you being a tyrant.

STUPID IGNORANT FUCK:

content

The Myth of Mental Illness:

Yo motherfucker

Doctors.

So? Who treats mentally ill if not doctors? Now you can’t trust doctors to evaluate patients?

The question is legally defining mentally ill.

Your pretense that that would be doctors and not politicians elected by voters, is noted as a dishonest dodge, and held against your credibility.

And yes, we can't trust doctors, if they are liberal.

Forum List

Back