🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

hypothetical scenario- armed teacher

So, what have we learned?

That no one would just go out a hallway full of students and start blazing away without a clear shot?

THat the scenario painted is a tough shot for a pistol?

Ok, so what does that prove?
It proves that trumps solution is a load of bollox.

In that type of environment could they not fit bullet proof doors at intervals so that theteacher could get closer to get off a shot?

Schools have steal doors. They can withstand gunfire until it gets quite close.

NEWER schools (some of them) have steel, bullet resistant doors. Most do not and never will with Republicans holding the purse strings.

Steel doors are cheaper than wood doors. The bullet proof kind are probably more expensive.However, even if bullets can penetrate the door, that doesn't mean the shooter can kill anyone inside. All the people inside have to do to avoid being shot is stand away from the door. Probably one thing they should change is adding a dead bolt to the doors which would prevent the shooter from entering without anyone having to hold the door. That alone would have saved a lot of lives in the FL shooting.

I see - are you going to harden classrooms with bulletproof glass and drywall too?

That no one would just go out a hallway full of students and start blazing away without a clear shot?

Seal Teams use long guns with red dot sights - even THEY dont use pistols in tight situations ... Teachers are better than Seals ?

in your make believe world ... not the real world.

Seal Teams use long guns with red dot sights - even THEY dont use pistols in tight situations ... Teachers are better than Seals ?

No one said anything like that.

Read it again.

Read it again.

my point was teachers arent capable unless the situation fits their ability ... it proves school districts should hire and use trained professionals to do the job .. I suggest retired military with combat experience, or retired special ops Law enforcement that know what its like to EXCHANGE gunfre in "have to" situations.

Read it again.

my point was teachers arent capable unless the situation fits their ability ... it proves school districts should hire and use trained professionals to do the job .. I suggest retired military with combat experience, or retired special ops Law enforcement that know what its like to EXCHANGE gunfre in "have to" situations.

One scenario, designed to NOT give the teacher in question a clear shot, does not show that the teachers are not capable.

Here is another scenario.

...The armed teacher steps out of the doorway. He looks down the hall way and sees a shooter standing in the doorway of another classroom, about 10 feet away, intent on firing into that room. The hallway is clear of other students, the shooter does not notices the teacher and the teacher has a clear shot.

What do you do?

In that type of environment could they not fit bullet proof doors at intervals so that theteacher could get closer to get off a shot?

Schools have steal doors. They can withstand gunfire until it gets quite close.

NEWER schools (some of them) have steel, bullet resistant doors. Most do not and never will with Republicans holding the purse strings.

What do Republicans have to do with it? For the most part, schools are locally funded by the taxpayers.

Just putting this out there, maybe we could lock up dangerously crazy people...

The problem is you don't know they are dangerously crazy until after they commit a crime.

I predicted when this first hit the news, that they knew the shooter was dangerously crazy, and I have been proven correct.

THe vast majority of the time, there are plenty of warning signs.

Profile those who are treated for mental illness and you will find those who are most likely to be dangerous to others and/or themselves, and institutionalize them for treatment until you are confident that they are better.

The problem is you don't know they are dangerously crazy until after they commit a crime.

I predicted when this first hit the news, that they knew the shooter was dangerously crazy, and I have been proven correct.

Profile those who are treated for mental illness and you will find those who are most likely to be dangerous to others and/or themselves, and institutionalize them for treatment until you are confident that they are better.

They used to do that years ago, but the court ruled that you can't institutionalize somebody who didn't commit a crime no more than you can imprison somebody who didn't commit a crime.

Just saying somebody is a kook and likely to be dangerous is Thought Police kind of stuff and could end up being very dangerous in a free society.

What disturbed me when reading some of these stories is that the deputy gave a description of the shooter to the police. That tells me that he was never on their radar and they never discussed his disposition. They should have all had a picture of him and discussed proactive measures such as making sure he didn't go near the school if they seen him. They should have known him by name.

Read it again.

One scenario, designed to NOT give the teacher in question a clear shot, does not show that the teachers are not capable.

...The armed teacher steps out of the doorway. He looks down the hall way and sees a shooter standing in the doorway of another classroom, about 10 feet away, intent on firing into that room. The hallway is clear of other students, the shooter does not notices the teacher and the teacher has a clear shot.

What do you do?

unless the shooter is firing shots how does a teacher know its a shooter ... and it was suggested teachers keep their pistols in a lockbox .. when do they open the lockbox and get their weapon?

Read it again.

What do you do?

unless the shooter is firing shots how does a teacher know its a shooter ... and it was suggested teachers keep their pistols in a lockbox .. when do they open the lockbox and get their weapon?

As soon as they know of a problem.

They used to do that years ago, but the court ruled that you can't institutionalize somebody who didn't commit a crime no more than you can imprison somebody who didn't commit a crime.

And as long as we refuse to lock up people we can clearly see are dangerously crazy, we will be in danger from them.

Read it again.

What do you do?

As soon as they know of a problem.

ok, after the shooter starts shooting ..

next contestant

Read it again.

What do you do?

The scenario starts out with "..." to suggest that that is where is diverged from YOUR scenario, ie he already heard the shots and retrieved his gun.

He knows that shooter is shooting because the shooter is firing into the other classroom.

He is "intent on firing into the classroom".

So, what do you do?

Read it again.

What do you do?

The scenario starts out with "..." to suggest that that is where is diverged from YOUR scenario, ie he already heard the shots and retrieved his gun.

He knows that shooter is shooting because the shooter is firing into the other classroom.

So, what do you do?

Put him down ASAP? :dunno:

Read it again.

What do you do?

So, what do you do?

have hired professionals in schools to handle emergencies .. how many times do I need to repeat that ?

Read it again.

What do you do?

So, what do you do?

Put him down ASAP? :dunno:

Excellent answer!

Forum List

Back