Hypothetically, shooting at Walmart... You're armed...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
...so are many others because you live in free state.

You hear shots and screaming.

What do you do?

Going to add this real life example of on follow on shooters...

I take my family and myself to the nearest exit....if that is blocked, I find a place to hold up............I only use my gun if there is a direct threat from a shooter..
Its this sort of logic that has no place on the internet. :laughing0301:
(this is what you are told to do in CRASE)

Going to add this real life example of on follow on shooters...

But there is also this....

BREAKING: Man Opens Fire At Oklahoma Walmart, Confronted By Armed Citizen, Report Says

Two people were killed at a Walmart in Oklahoma by a man who opened fire in the parking lot on Monday before turning the weapon on himself after an armed citizen confronted him.
------

The assailant, who has not yet been identified, shot and killed a man and a woman in the parking lot and when he was “confronted by an armed citizen, he then turned the gun on himself,” The Daily Mail reported.

It would depend on whether or not I had a clear shot at the shooter, or thought that I easily could get to where I did.

If I had a clear shot, I'd take it.

Also look for available cover. The freezers down the aisiles in the food section are pretty sturdy and they're usually in a location that gives you a good view. I usually carry a Baofeng UV-82 handheld radio everywhere with me, that's programmed to all the surrounding counties' police channels, and use it as a scanner. It's illegal to transmit on those channels but you can in an emergency.

Last edited:
I'm older, single & my kids are grown so maybe I have a different perspective.

It's most likely I'm alone so I'd withdraw my weapon, rack the slide & go hunting with my head on a swivel.
I'd engage at the first opportunity if it didn't endanger others to do so.

I know the progbots are so sure everyone else is a coward too that they would have a hard time believing someone else wouldn't run like Frenchman from a fight like they would do.
I'm a Christian so dying to protect others isn't the worst way to go

I take my family and myself to the nearest exit....if that is blocked, I find a place to hold up............I only use my gun if there is a direct threat from a shooter..
Good call.

I'd want to help people and save lives...but when I run the scenarios in my head, I don't see how that is possible unless you physically see the shooter gun down an unarmed person at the very beginning of a mass shooting or something similar.

Even trying to protect an exit and getting people out is a dicey situation.

You resign yourself to understanding that it's too late to prevent the gun violence.

And if the shots are fired in rapid succession by an assault weapon, you run the other way with your handgun!
Actually, the shooter using an AR-15 or any other rifle or shotgun would be to the defenders advantage.

Nobody is carrying one of those as a CCW.

Forum List

Back