I am American, and I respect Christianity.

I respect all religions....except the ones that tell their followers to kill the Infidels (us) because we don't follow THEIR religion. How do you respect someone that wants to murder you? God doesn't even expect us to do that....

Right, there is no example of that in the history of Christianity. :eusa_eh:
We're not talking history. We're talking current events.

KG, are you ever going to reply to my statement that doesn't fit your extremist narrative?

You mean this one, that none of the Cons in this thread seem to want to respond to...

I give credit to Christians for being able to, however begrudgingly, accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick.

We're still going back and forth about who should have how much of Jerusalem/Israel, a place that without it's significance in Abrahamic religions is nothing more than a barren desert with a nice coastline. If those involved could get out of the illogical fog of religion, they'd see a more prudent solution would be to ditch the shithole and move onto greener pastures where Islamic fundamentalism isn't threatening them from a stones throw away...a distance that's currently highly feasible to a backwards monotheistic culture that lacks the modern technology and organization to launch an offensive without it being directly next to them.

?

Irrelevant.

If you say so, it's your thread. :lol:

Do YOU think religion worth dying for and a free and tolerant society can coexist?

What do you think... Does admitting that all religions, including Islam, have an equal right to exist not render all religions impotent?

Can humanity have it both ways? :dunno:

How many people has Fred killed today?

He protests funerals.

We've been told that's just as bad as killing people.
jesus_ali_zpsb664d9a2.jpg

Here is what Jesus looked like...:)

KG, are you ever going to reply to my statement that doesn't fit your extremist narrative?

You mean this one, that none of the Cons in this thread seem to want to respond to...

I give credit to Christians for being able to, however begrudgingly, accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick.

We're still going back and forth about who should have how much of Jerusalem/Israel, a place that without it's significance in Abrahamic religions is nothing more than a barren desert with a nice coastline. If those involved could get out of the illogical fog of religion, they'd see a more prudent solution would be to ditch the shithole and move onto greener pastures where Islamic fundamentalism isn't threatening them from a stones throw away...a distance that's currently highly feasible to a backwards monotheistic culture that lacks the modern technology and organization to launch an offensive without it being directly next to them.

?

That's the one.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

220px-Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_(1987).jpg

No deaths were caused by anyone offended by this image.

mohammed-cartoon.jpg

The death toll is still rising over images like this.

Tolerance. That's why Christians are cool, in the here and now at least... even of not so much in the past.

I suppose we have the concept of "America" to thank for mellowing the Christians...

Can you imagine the Catholics and the Protestants of today behaving like the Sunnis and the Shiites :eek:

I suppose we have the concept of "America" to thank for mellowing the Christians...

Can you imagine the Catholics and the Protestants of today behaving like the Sunnis and the Shiites :eek:

Relativism, and completely off the mark.

Besides which, the very concept of America is a Christian one.

Forum List

Back