I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

so inflexibly bound by libertarian dogma that you never for a second question whether government is really the only foe of liberty out there

The "only" foe? What a dumb ass... :lol:

This is how liberals have to argue because you're stupid. Then again if you weren't stupid politicians couldn't solve your problems for you better then you can on your own. You'd also notice...they don't solve your problems...

kaz, you are a liber wolfie pretending to be a patriot. Go "baaa" elsewhere, please.

The threat to your government gravy train, isn't it, Jakester? If people ask why exactly government needs to spoon feed and burp you, then maybe they realize they don't and next thing you're responsible for your own life. Wow, scares the snot out of you. No wonder you react so strongly.

It still cracks me up though how you guys are all like, "Do it yourself kaz? Obama, Harry and Nancy have it covered for you and you're going to do it your own freaking self? What a sheep you are..."

Kaz, the libertarian drivel does not cut it.

The Law, the Constitution and all, protect us from a "society of equals" in which the stronger will certainly abuse, use, and misuse the weak.

You will never be allowed to do your evil designs.

You would think they would be satisfied with the blood of the American Middle Class. They sure are bloodthirsty.

I wouldn't worry. You can't do worse then Obama. Well you can, but it's not easy, even for the Democrats.

Sure you can. Starting with Reagan, every Republican President is worse than Obama. For Republicans, it was easy.

You would think they would be satisfied with the blood of the American Middle Class. They sure are bloodthirsty.

I wouldn't worry. You can't do worse then Obama. Well you can, but it's not easy, even for the Democrats.

Sure you can. Starting with Reagan, every Republican President is worse than Obama. For Republicans, it was easy.

and yet Reagan and Bush 1 had some leadership skills,something the Meatball currently in charge has very little of......

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices?

Still love this post.:clap2:

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

So why are you stalking Gramps, exactly? Ran out of Perry supporters to annoy?

I'm supporting Newt not because he's the best guy, but because he's not. The better guys had better things to do. He's probably the best of the four we got left.

And it's spot on

and yet Reagan and Bush 1 had some leadership skills,something the Meatball currently in charge has very little of......

to be fair, harry, reagan and bush 1 didn't have people whining and shrieking and saying "i hope he fails" from the day they were elected. and you might want to count how many times dems used filibusters during those admins and how many times they used filibusters during president obama's first two years in office.

is obama great at it? no. but you do have to look at other factors. and... if you look at what he said he was going to do, he's done an awful lot. he's mostly sucked at getting his own record out there. it's drowned out by the people running against the fictionalized version of him.

Last edited:

And it's spot on

It really is.

to be fair, harry, reagan and bush 1 didn't have people whining and shrieking and saying "i hope he fails" from the day they were elected. and you might want to count how many times dems used filibusters during those admins and how many times they used filibusters during president obama's first two years in office.

is obama great at it? no. but you do have to look at other factors. and... if you look at what he said he was going to do, he's done an awful lot. he's mostly sucked at getting his own record out there. it's drowned out by the people running against the fictionalized version of him.

That 'fictionalized version' seems to be a habit for both sides, don't you think? I've heard so much crap about conservatives from the left. I still laugh at the old 'Glen Beck hates the victims of 9/11' thing.... Why both sides need to misrepresent the other side so much is beyond me.

I'm supporting Newt not because he's the best guy, but because he's not. The better guys had better things to do. He's probably the best of the four we got left.

She's doing a bang up job, leave her be. It's tough work being a worthless troll you know.

Kaz, the libertarian drivel does not cut it.

The Law, the Constitution and all, protect us from a "society of equals" in which the stronger will certainly abuse, use, and misuse the weak.

You will never be allowed to do your evil designs.

So strength is evil? Can you not see how this weakens the human race as a whole? We should be promoting strength of personality and holding it up as an example. We should be encouraging kids to have confidence. There should be laws to deal with criminals swiftly and mercilessly when they violate the rights of others but you shouldn't take away the rights of the many to protect the few because of a few bad apples. We need to break the victim mentality and teach people to take responsibility.

It's statements like these that alienate republicans and libertarians. Ecouraging this type of mindset is the true evil and it calls into question the motives of those who perpetuate it. The most insidious form of control is the kind that encourages the people being controlled to ask for it.

So strength is evil? Can you not see how this weakens the human race as a whole?

If we were a species of solitary hunters like tigers, there might be some value to that argument, but we're not. We're social primates. Our strength is collective more than individual. We accomplish what we do by doing it together and looking out for each other, not by promoting maximized cutthroat competition.

Social Darwinism has never been believed by anyone who understood the actual theory of evolution and how it really works. A superficial, incomplete, tabloid version of the theory might lead logically to SD, but the real thing does not.

I'm a sheep for thinking that I should be responsible for my own life.

Sheep do take responsibility for their own lives. They graze. They breed. They run from danger. Just as their genes impel them to do. What they never do is THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

And that describes you perfectly: so inflexibly bound by libertarian dogma that you never for a second question whether government is really the only foe of liberty out there. It doesn't even seem that you are capable of questioning this dogma.

Just like a sheep.

You are right government shouldn't be a foe, because government is merely a tool. It's the people that use government to try to subjugate the masses that are the true enemy. They pretend to be on your side and tell you what you want to hear but what they really want is money and power. Our government is riddled with these people and they are on both sides of the aisle, if indeed there is an aisle.

So strength is evil? Can you not see how this weakens the human race as a whole?

If we were a species of solitary hunters like tigers, there might be some value to that argument, but we're not. We're social primates. Our strength is collective more than individual. We accomplish what we do by doing it together and looking out for each other, not by promoting maximized cutthroat competition.

Social Darwinism has never been believed by anyone who understood the actual theory of evolution and how it really works. A superficial, incomplete, tabloid version of the theory might lead logically to SD, but the real thing does not.

I am not promoting social darwinism and I am not saying let the weak die. The weak should be protected just as we protect our children from threats. As you say we are a collective and we will always be, whether the government makes us be one or not. People will protect their own. I don't need the government telling me to give to charity. If I can afford to give I do, just like millions of others do.

I'm a sheep for thinking that I should be responsible for my own life.

Sheep do take responsibility for their own lives. They graze. They breed. They run from danger. Just as their genes impel them to do. What they never do is THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

And that describes you perfectly: so inflexibly bound by libertarian dogma that you never for a second question whether government is really the only foe of liberty out there. It doesn't even seem that you are capable of questioning this dogma.

Just like a sheep.

You are right government shouldn't be a foe, because government is merely a tool. It's the people that use government to try to subjugate the masses that are the true enemy. They pretend to be on your side and tell you what you want to hear but what they really want is money and power. Our government is riddled with these people and they are on both sides of the aisle, if indeed there is an aisle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYw7JdR4bcU]I'm from the Government and I'm here to Help You! Money Professionals Newsletter #4 - YouTube[/ame]

"Our Party?"

I don't know what party you belong to but I don't think it's 'our' party.

I think you are the party of no Grampa.

She's doing a bang up job, leave her be. It's tough work being a worthless troll you know.

None would know that better than you....

The choices went from "shitty" to what now...great?

Just love pointing out hypocrisy where I see it.

Choices are still shitty so I fail to see your point. Then again I don't think you're capable of showing any. Beyond your desire to simply troll.

It suits you.

Choices are still shitty so I fail to see your point. Then again I don't think you're capable of showing any. Beyond your desire to simply troll.

It suits you.

It is just strange coming from you to be "rah rah" over Gingrich now when you referred to him, at least in part, as "shitty" earlier this month.

Then again....maybe it's not so strange afterall....considering.

Forum List

Back