I am not Catholic and I think Pope Franics is awesome: "house the refugees"

more commentary------
One more thing.... I don't think this Pope is "awesome" at all.

The closest person he reminds me of is Fidel Castro or perhaps "Che" Guevara.

A commie through and through.:mad-61:

I ---sorta agree----He is not admirable----He is playing
a game in which he PERSONALLY wants to come out
ON TOP
i think that requires an explanation.

what about Pope Francis do you find not admirable? his concern for the poor? concern for the refugees?
what has he said or done that you find objectionable?

he is jumping on bandwagons as if he would like to have the love
of hippies (old term---dates me) He really did not have to come
out in favor of same sex marriage yet. what concern for the poor?
He opened the Vatican vaults? Concern for the refugees? what
concern? his proposal that churches adopt them is childish.
I like the idea that priests are now authorized to absolve persons
who get abortions of "sin"-----but it kinda creates a dilemma for the
church------it is a spit in the face of that old INFALLIBLE claim-----
all the previous popes "fallibled" ?????? Has heaven been informed?

PENELOPE goofed again, Lebanon residents have risked their lives to help fight against the Assad regime and Syrians for all the damage they did to their country and lives lost. They would not get involved if they didn't have such extreme distaste for the regimes policy upon them IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ALTOGETHER.
She doesn't realize she is busting on her former arguments whereby she now reveals her double standard and known bigotry.
Fact: she admittingly supports Iran's occupation and interfereance of Lebanon, & Gaza, and Syrias occupation of Lebanon. Basically she supports all Islamic occupations of sovereign nations but only mysteriously speaks out when she subjectively feels Her prejudiced term "Zionist"
are occupying a waring region.
Interesting double standard=busted being a bigot.
But worse a poorly devised propagandist one who keeos busting her own logic thus busting on her self= hates herself=self deflecting behavior.
-psychology 101

Salafism in Lebanon

Salafism found traction thanks to various factors, including the Arab world's humiliating defeats by Israel in 1948 and 1967 and the subsequent discrediting of Arab nationalism.

I can never understand which Muslims Israel likes. None I guess.

Last edited:
more commentary------

ON TOP

what about Pope Francis do you find not admirable? his concern for the poor? concern for the refugees?

PENELOPE goofed again, Lebanon residents have risked their lives to help fight against the Assad regime and Syrians for all the damage they did to their country and lives lost. They would not get involved if they didn't have such extreme distaste for the regimes policy upon them IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ALTOGETHER.
She doesn't realize she is busting on her former arguments whereby she now reveals her double standard and known bigotry.
Fact: she admittingly supports Iran's occupation and interfereance of Lebanon, & Gaza, and Syrias occupation of Lebanon. Basically she supports all Islamic occupations of sovereign nations but only mysteriously speaks out when she subjectively feels Her prejudiced term "Zionist"
But worse a poorly devised propagandist one who keeos busting her own logic thus busting on her self= hates herself=self deflecting behavior.
-psychology 101

You missed it------Penelope said ASSAD IS A CHRISTIAN----this is really good news------someone MUST NOTIFY THE AYATOILETS. Assad has been
REBORN ------- HALLELUJAH (aka allahuakbaaarrrr)

more commentary------

ON TOP

-psychology 101

You missed it------Penelope said ASSAD IS A CHRISTIAN----this is really good news------someone MUST NOTIFY THE AYATOILETS. Assad has been

I stand corrected, Alawite , and I guess you can decide what it is.

-psychology 101

Salafism in Lebanon

How long have you been trying to "figure" that out, but more importantly --
WHY? I should be more clear in my question------what I would really like
to know is why did you post the comment>>""I can never figure out which
muslims Israel likes. None I guess"" ???? Could you "figure out" which
germans France likes? How about which Irisn Englishmen like? or which
Englishmen IRISH like? Which HINDUS do Pakistan like??? ----Iran
seems to have finally managed to like a few arabs-------the Shiite ones-----
but actually---------they probably don't like them either. Long ago----
I knew an IRANIAN and a SHIITE FROM INDIA------the Shiite from India
had studied FARSI in his hometown----as a kid----kinda like as if it is a "holy"
language-------neither knew a word of Arabic. The Shiite from India was desperate to suck up to the Iranian---------no go ----the Iranian had just as much
disdain for the Shiite that he had for other indians

-psychology 101

Salafism in Lebanon

had studied FARSI in his hometown----as a kid----kinda like as if it is a "holy"
language-------neither knew a word of Arabic. The Shiite from India was desperate to suck up to the Iranian---------no go ----the Iranian had just as much

At the core of Alawite belief is a divine triad, comprising three aspects of the one God. These aspects or emanations appear cyclically in human form throughout history. The last emanations of the divine triad, according to Alawite belief, were as Ali, Muhammad and Salman the Persian. Alawites were historically persecuted for these beliefs by the Sunni Muslim rulers of the area.

more commentary------

ON TOP

-psychology 101

more commentary------

ON TOP

-psychology 101

reliable sources claim that ALAWITE is a kind of form of SHIITE-----but I doubt that Iranians really like them anyway

• imrs.php
  • If Pope Francis had his way, European parishes would house up to 500,000 refugees
By Rick Noack September 6 at 9:41 AM
saidduring his customary Sunday address, the news agency Agence France-Presse reported. He also said the Vatican will welcome two families of refugees.

There are about 122,000 Catholic parishes in Europe, according to a study conducted by Georgetown University and published in June. If each of them housed one refugee family consisting of three to four people, about 360,000 to 500,000 refugees could be accommodated in the coming months.

It is unclear, however, whether all parishes will accede to the pope's wish. In addition, housing refugees in parishes would have little bearing on the strict policies in countries such as France that have left desperate refugees — fleeing conflict and persecution — with limited options when they make their way to European shores.

Addressing thousands of people in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, Francis provided few details about his call to accommodate refugees, many of whom are not Catholics. The pope called his idea a "concrete gesture" ahead of a "year of mercy" that starts in December.

Of course you would flat earther see Naomi Klein

Naomi Klein~the man made climate change cult finnaly being honest | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

-psychology 101

Salafism in Lebanon

At the core of Alawite belief is a divine triad, comprising three aspects of the one God. These aspects or emanations appear cyclically in human form throughout history. The last emanations of the divine triad, according to Alawite belief, were as Ali, Muhammad and Salman the Persian. Alawites were historically persecuted for these beliefs by the Sunni Muslim rulers of the area.

what area? when you cut and paste---at least read the crap------it is obvious
to me that SALMAN AL FARSI is as real as is robin hood

Good the Pope just let in the Trojan horse and probably just destroyed the Vatican....start building the Mikdash,
you are gonna need it soon.

Ted Cruz said he wanted to put the US Embassy in Jerusalem. I would sign up.

All the filthy right wing goyim should be thrown out of Israel

one of my son's best friends is a "right wing Israeli goy"-----Syrian
christian
his family fled Syria something like 25 years ago------they met here in the
USA but his family is over there-------he describes his father as
MORE LIKUD THAN LIKUD-------his father wants all muslims thrown
out of Israel

Priests, upon receiving authorization from their bishop, have always been authorized to forgive abortions, the same as any other repented major sin. For years, the Catholic Church has offered healing for those who had undergone abortions. This is nothing new. What I like about Pope Francis is that, unlike most practicing Catholics, he doesn't assume that everyone is up on Catholic practices that have been the norm for decades. There is no issue of infallibility, and no dilemma.

As far as refugees: The Pope pointed out that each parish, with parish members working together, most likely has the resources to help at least one refugee family. This would help a family with food, shelter, employment, and clothing. This is all very good. The weak part of the solution is that refugee or not, people tend to feel most comfortable among people of their own background and culture, and parishes can be separated by significant distances.

Do you know what is a "commie"? Look under your bed. Sigh.

Priests, upon receiving authorization from their bishop, have always been authorized to forgive abortions, the same as any other repented major sin. For years, the Catholic Church has offered healing for those who had undergone abortions. This is nothing new. What I like about Pope Francis is that, unlike most practicing Catholics, he doesn't assume that everyone is up on Catholic practices that have been the norm for decades. There is no issue of infallibility, and no dilemma.

As far as refugees: The Pope pointed out that each parish, with parish members working together, most likely has the resources to help at least one refugee family. This would help a family with food, shelter, employment, and clothing. This is all very good. The weak part of the solution is that refugee or not, people tend to feel most comfortable among people of their own background and culture, and parishes can be separated by significant distances.

oh I did not know----I thought catholic girls who go for abortion are
excommunicated -----as for the "solution" to the refugee problem----
"each parish adopts a refugee family"------is even more silly-----like
a DOT bandaide on a dagger wound

Abortion, because it so far outside Catholic teaching, is an automatic excommunication. In Catholic teaching, excommunication is not a slamming of the door and announcing there is no return, it is simply a statement that someone has put themselves well outside Catholic teaching, and the issue now at hand is repentance and restoration.

I've forgotten exactly when it was decided that Catholic girls (under the age of 18) who received abortions, especially those pressured by the baby's father, fear, or peers, were not regarded as excommunicated--but some time ago. Reinstatement after automatic excommunication is done by the bishop, or the bishop authorizes a local priest to reinstate. I do not know about parishes all over the world, but here in the United States, it has probably been common practice for some time.

Again, those who are not practicing Catholics or who may not be up on Catholic practices may have had additional fears that excommunication and forgiveness were insurmountable obstacles--and they're not, never have been. Even so, in issues of this matter, I imagine there are a few quite true stories circulating that someone ran into a priest who was less than helpful in helping a woman in need. All I know is that for decades I have seen notices in the parish bulletins I've been a member of offering every assistance to those in need of healing after an abortion, whether that abortion was recent or years back.

In dire times, short-term solutions are often helpful while long-term solutions are being worked out. Most Catholic parishes already help the homeless in their own community...I'm thinking we would also be willing to help a refugee family.

Father ******* of St Rose of Lima in Clearfield was one of those idiots who had not a clue about young women, children out of wedlock, abortions, and so forth. Talk about priests who should have never served. They would never have understood this Pope.

Abortion, because it so far outside Catholic teaching, is an automatic excommunication. In Catholic teaching, excommunication is not a slamming of the door and announcing there is no return, it is simply a statement that someone has put themselves well outside Catholic teaching, and the issue now at hand is repentance and restoration.

I've forgotten exactly when it was decided that Catholic girls (under the age of 18) who received abortions, especially those pressured by the baby's father, fear, or peers, were not regarded as excommunicated--but some time ago. Reinstatement after automatic excommunication is done by the bishop, or the bishop authorizes a local priest to reinstate. I do not know about parishes all over the world, but here in the United States, it has probably been common practice for some time.

Again, those who are not practicing Catholics or who may not be up on Catholic practices may have had additional fears that excommunication and forgiveness were insurmountable obstacles--and they're not, never have been. Even so, in issues of this matter, I imagine there are a few quite true stories circulating that someone ran into a priest who was less than helpful in helping a woman in need. All I know is that for decades I have seen notices in the parish bulletins I've been a member of offering every assistance to those in need of healing after an abortion, whether that abortion was recent or years back.

In dire times, short-term solutions are often helpful while long-term solutions are being worked out. Most Catholic parishes already help the homeless in their own community...I'm thinking we would also be willing to help a refugee family.

I have no doubt that people will help refugees-----which is why I considered it a
somewhat childish statement for the pope to issue as if he were coming up with some kind of ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM-------on heavenly inspiration.
He was being trite. HOWEVER----the problem remains unchanged----the welfare systems of Germany and Austria have been STRETCHED TO THE LIMIT already

Father ******* of St Rose of Lima in Clearfield was one of those idiots who had not a clue about young women, children out of wedlock, abortions, and so forth. Talk about priests who should have never served. They would never have understood this Pope.

I am so sorry to hear that. Throughout my life I have been so fortunate to live in parishes where the priests have always been there to help people over the really tough hurdles--without dismissing the seriousness of the sin. Catholic belief is that, through repentance, God forgives even the most serious of sins.

• imrs.php
  • If Pope Francis had his way, European parishes would house up to 500,000 refugees
By Rick Noack September 6 at 9:41 AM
saidduring his customary Sunday address, the news agency Agence France-Presse reported. He also said the Vatican will welcome two families of refugees.

There are about 122,000 Catholic parishes in Europe, according to a study conducted by Georgetown University and published in June. If each of them housed one refugee family consisting of three to four people, about 360,000 to 500,000 refugees could be accommodated in the coming months.

It is unclear, however, whether all parishes will accede to the pope's wish. In addition, housing refugees in parishes would have little bearing on the strict policies in countries such as France that have left desperate refugees — fleeing conflict and persecution — with limited options when they make their way to European shores.

Addressing thousands of people in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, Francis provided few details about his call to accommodate refugees, many of whom are not Catholics. The pope called his idea a "concrete gesture" ahead of a "year of mercy" that starts in December.

THE VAST MAJORITY ARE NOT REFUGEES!

So now, on the basis of an emotional spasm, dressed up as civilisation and generosity, are we going to say that we abandon this legacy and decline our obligation to pass it on, like the enfeebled, wastrel heirs of an ancient inheritance letting the great house and the estate go to ruin?
Having seen more than my share of real corpses, and watched children starving to death in a Somali famine, I am not unmoved by pictures of a dead child on a Turkish beach. But I am not going to pretend to be more upset than anyone else. Nor am I going to suddenly stop thinking, as so many people in the media and politics appear to have done.
The child is not dead because advanced countries have immigration laws. The child is dead because criminal traffickers cynically risked the lives of their victims in pursuit of money.
I’ll go further. The use of words such as ‘desperate’ is quite wrong in this case. The child’s family were safe in Turkey. Turkey (for all its many faults) is a member of Nato, officially classified as free and democratic. Many British people actually pay good money to go on holiday to the very beach where the child’s body was washed up.
It may not be ideal, but the definition of a refugee is that he is fleeing from danger, not fleeing towards a higher standard of living.

Mail Online - Peter Hitchens blog

I have no doubt that people will help refugees-----which is why I considered it asomewhat childish statement for the pope to issue as if he were coming up with some kind of ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM-------on heavenly inspiration.
He was being trite. HOWEVER----the problem remains unchanged----the welfare systems of Germany and Austria have been STRETCHED TO THE LIMIT already

Government welfare systems are often entitlement programs, and I imagine those in Germany and Austria are stretched to the limit. The Pope is offering the thought that, instead of welfare, some families might be helped through the charity of Catholic parishes. Many, if not most, Catholic parishes are already set up to help the homeless--and without drawing on welfare.

What do you bet that since the Pope offered Catholic resources and services, it will inspire other organizations (even atheists, for example) to realize they might be able to offer the same kind of help as well.

Forum List

Back