"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Or as the pathological liar would say, "Two Corinthians".
That was obama! He said he was a Christian, but proved himself to be a Muslim! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT! WOW!
Presto! A Trumptard steps forward to bear false witness.
Trump has done more for Christians than any president in my lifetime. He has a past, but don't all of us? Your hatred is noted.

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

Get Trump out of office now before he burns down the entire country!!!
No tear gas used, but keep up with the lie. I guess the church is more offended about Trump coming over than the people that tried to destroy their place of worship. A church with that kinda hatred for their fellow man, isn't a church.

St.. John's is a place of Christian worship.This man trump came to defile it. You don't have to be a Christian to recognize the disrespect that trump showed to Christians and to the world.

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

No tear gas used, but keep up with the lie. I guess the church is more offended about Trump coming over than the people that tried to destroy their place of worship. A church with that kinda hatred for their fellow man, isn't a church.

St.. John's is a place of Christian worship.This man trump came to defile it. You don't have to be a Christian to recognize the disrespect that trump showed to Christians and to the world.
He went over to look at it. Liberal lying about him using tear gas to do it. Showed Christians how shallow you are.

He went over to look at it. Liberal lying about him using tear gas to do it. Showed Christians how shallow you are.
He went over to St. John's to disrespect and defile faith.

That's your opionion, but you loons lied about him using tear gas. So you have no credibility.

This is one photo op where it looks like it's gonna come back and bite him in the ass. The bishop of that church is now speaking out against Trump using the church for a photo op. She said that while he did show up and take pictures, he didn't bother to stop and pray while he was there.
Well. The church WAS CLOSED and fire damaged. She's a democrat.

Yeah well, women shouldn't be reverends so she is a seed of satan and an enemy of God

Yeah well, women shouldn't be reverends so she is a seed of satan and an enemy of God
The Episcopalians ordain gays and perform same sex marriages. They are already seeds of satan. Although neither issue is one of Trump's.

No tear gas used, Trump's.actuallrup with the lie. I guess the church is more offended about Trump coming over than the people that tried to destroy their place of worship. A church with that kinda hatred for their fellow man, isn't a church.

That's your opionion, but you loons lied about him using tear gas. So you have no credibility.
actually she disrespects and defiles everything she comes in contact with. Did you know that a look from Lysteria can sour milk. True. Even if it's still in the udder.

I know to protect our temples and mosques. Having to protect our St. John's is downright frightening to me. I have knelt there. I have prayed there. Now this man comes to destroy this place. I can't even believe it.

This is backfiring big time on trump.

So many christian leaders are denouncing what trump did.

He spit all over the christian religion.

The Episcopalians ordain gays and perform same sex marriages. They are already seeds of satan. Although neither issue is one of Trump's.
I'm aware of that...I don't care what her outrage is
She needs to worry about the relationship she doesn't have with God
and how SHE WILL BE judged by God instead of judging Trump

Another Social Justice Warrior masquerading as a representative of God.

There was a reason Jesus never made Magdelene an apostle.
Easy to understand her outrage. He really did use it as a photo op. Churches and especially Bibles should not be used for a photo op. He didn't even take time to pray? He was wrong to go there.
View attachment 344240
How do you know he didn’t pray? You can read his thoughts?
The article quoted the Bishop. Didn't see the picture on his knees on that ground and there are no grass stains pants. If you have the link showing him down on his knees, post it. Uh, not the Russian one.
Since when does one have to be on their knees to pray?
You don't. I usually don't. As presidents go, it really is more of a John F. Kennedy thing, and trump is certainly no John Kennedy. Unless you know differently, I guess we only have the words of the Bishop, though from the multiple reports out there, nobody has disputed her words.
Why the fuck would I care about what some looney Bishop has to say about it? She doesn’t own the street in front of the church. She doesn’t own the church. And nobody needs her approval to hold a bible or pray however they want.
Repect of other people's religious belief is one of the minimum standards whether you believe or not. Only a clod disrespect other peoples religion.

Try not being a christian or jewish or muslim or hindu in America.

You have no idea how quickly "freedom loving" Americans think they have the right to attack people of my faith and no, I'm not going to say what my faith is. I don't want to be attacked for it. Not by you but by the "christians" on the right on this board.

Catholic church priests with TDS have been seeing declining attendance in their churches for three years now....when will they learn?....
Learn exactly what??? I am an American and I am a believer in the words spoken by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.

What does jesus say about hate and anger? You should check into it.

Another Social Justice Warrior masquerading as a representative of God.

There was a reason Jesus never made Magdelene an apostle.
Easy to understand her outrage. He really did use it as a photo op. Churches and especially Bibles should not be used for a photo op. He didn't even take time to pray? He was wrong to go there.
View attachment 344240
How do you know he didn’t pray? You can read his thoughts?
The article quoted the Bishop. Didn't see the picture on his knees on that ground and there are no grass stains pants. If you have the link showing him down on his knees, post it. Uh, not the Russian one.
Since when does one have to be on their knees to pray?
You don't. I usually don't. As presidents go, it really is more of a John F. Kennedy thing, and trump is certainly no John Kennedy. Unless you know differently, I guess we only have the words of the Bishop, though from the multiple reports out there, nobody has disputed her words.
Why the fuck would I care about what some looney Bishop has to say about it? She doesn’t own the street in front of the church. She doesn’t own the church. And nobody needs her approval to hold a bible or pray however they want.
Repect of other people's religious belief is one of the minimum standards whether you believe or not. Only a clod disrespect other peoples religion.

Try not being a christian or jewish or muslim or hindu in America.

You have no idea how quickly "freedom loving" Americans think they have the right to attack people of my faith and no, I'm not going to say what my faith is. I don't want to be attacked for it. Not by you but by the "christians" on the right on this board.

Nobody cares.

A low-IQ man working 30 years at a minimum wage job deserves respect, no matter his money quintile.
Maybe so

but in the impersonal world of our government welfare system that man is a stranger to us

from my experience there are 100 welfare bums for every low IQ person who really deserves assistance

There is little money remaining to help the truly needy because of so many leeches

Trumf just sealed his own fate with that picture. Thanks Ivanka, I'll buy you a beer after your daddy's locked up in the clink. Maybe two beers!

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

And, I agree. Religion should never be politicized like Trump is trying to do.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",

Nobody is against law and order, they just don't want their churches being used as political props.

The President spoke in favor of Law and Order, and those against it, attacked him for it, while ignoring the barbarian mobs murdering people in the streets.

The rest is weasel words.

Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters

Retired senior military leaders condemned their successors in the Trump administration for ordering active-duty units on Monday to rout those peacefully protesting police violence near the White House.

[snip]

Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote on Twitter that “America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy.”

And Gen. Tony Thomas, the former head of the Special Operations Command, tweeted: “The ‘battle space’ of America??? Not what America needs to hear … ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure … ie a Civil War.”

People getting hurt, property being damage moves this from a peaceful protest to a riot. I support people and their right to protest. When you start destroying property and violence, it now is unlawful and I have no use for the BS.

The people who were attacked by the police were not rioting.

How many times do people have to tell you right wingers this?

It was 100% peaceful.

Lying about the situation doesn't help your side.

Yes there was rioting going on in other cities but not in DC that evening. What trump did was wrong and illegal.

I'm sad to see you believe the lies but am not surprised.

Forum List

Back