I am seeing more and more violatons of free speech

No, the Nazis would be the ones controlling the information and destroying those who oppose the State.
No one is controlling information. Some idiots opposed the state and were arrested for violent rioting. That’s not fascism.
Follow the money. The major search engines are not serving up results based on political bias because the priority of the search results is not determined by a human being. Rather, there is an AI constantly analyzing which pages cause eyeballs to linger and can generate ad sales. Thus, if you live in a liberal cesspool your Google search results will make you believe Google is a liberal cesspool, because the majority of the people making searches in your area linger on liberal hit pieces. Likewise, if you live in a sane conservative enclave, your search results will be far different because the AI has noticed that most of the people in your area stop and stay on sane web pages. If you want to influence a search engine's results, get several million people to coordinate their actions and everyone leave up conservative pages for far longer than liberal ones and presto, Google will start serving them up at the head of the line because ad revenue is higher for them.
Or-----Don't use Google. Problem solved. Duck Duck Go, Startpage, Firefox, all possibilities that don't track where you go.
Just keep in mind that every for profit search engine will analyze your patterns of usage (whether it records your identity or not) to maximize ad revenue, so if the results seem lopsidedly one way or the other, take a look at your zip code.
I use Startpage and Duck Duck Go exclusively--one serves up Home Depot searches in Maryland and the other has me in Omaha. I don't live within a thousand miles of either of those places.

Particuarly with search engines.....at one time it was primarily google that was guilty of this....but now its spreading....more and more controversial topics are being banned and I often get my online connection interuppted when I try and copy controversial topics.......this effort to curb free speech is massive and corporate driven

Leave it to a conservative to believe that lying, slander, and libel should be protected speech as long as it furthers their agenda.

Yeah, they'll go to their evangelical church on Sunday morning, raise their hands in praise to the Lord and the 10 Commandments. Then they'll go home, boot up their computers and shamelessly and unapologetically bear false witness for several hours.

It's difficult to know if they're worse at being good Christians or worse and being decent human beings.
You've been promoting a lying, libelous, slanderous, political media for at least the last 12 years and you have the unmitigated gall to accuse others. HaHaHa, you are a lying hypocrite.

The MSM has standards. For one thing, the fact check their articles. Secondly, they get sources for their articles, and having more than once source to act as a confirmation is SOP. That wasn't difficult during the Trump administration because the Trump administration, unlike the Biden Administration, leaked like the Titanic.

Trump was the perfect president for conservatives because he was as much of a shameless liar as his on-line supporters are. But when it comes to websites like Breitbart or "news outlets" like OAN, the also shamelessly like about everything. Personally, I'm not sure why that is. It's either because they know their listeners are gullible rubes who will believe anything they print or broadcast which means they don't respect their audience, or it's because they know that their readers and listeners don't give a rat's ass about what is or isn't true. Regardless, they're all reprehensible lowlifes.
They don't fact check their articles like they used to because they don't want to take the time. In today's media circus, whoever breaks the story first establishes the root that everyone else quotes and reacts to. By the time actual fact checking occurs, the story has peaked and is on its way to the forgotten dust bin. Perfect example, way back to none other than Dan Blather, who lost his job because he got so excited about possibly bringing down a president (all talking heads have wet dreams over being the next Woodward and Bernstein) that he didn't do even the most basic check on his documentation that would have revealed it to be false. It's only gotten worse.

the fact check their articles.
They haven't fact checked anything in years. Politifact and Snopes are owned by them and very politicized.
Trump was the perfect president for conservatives
True, however it is irrelevant. Trump lives only in your head. He likes the roomy digs, nothing else in there. If you knew one scintilla about objective journalism, I might stay here and discuss, but you haven't got a clue and I'm not in the mood to educate you.

I don't think much about Trump anymore. He's gone, and we should all be glad because he was a toxic force that corrupted everything he touched which included corrupting his followers the way a drug dealer corrupts addicts.

But the lying lives on, as I knew it would because I've been a member of various message boards since the mid 1990's, and I had no illusions that the flying monkeys would disappear just because the wicked witch was dead. I'm just sick and tired of it, that's all.

No, the Nazis would be the ones controlling the information and destroying those who oppose the State.
No one is controlling information. Some idiots opposed the state and were arrested for violent rioting. That’s not fascism.
Follow the money. The major search engines are not serving up results based on political bias because the priority of the search results is not determined by a human being. Rather, there is an AI constantly analyzing which pages cause eyeballs to linger and can generate ad sales. Thus, if you live in a liberal cesspool your Google search results will make you believe Google is a liberal cesspool, because the majority of the people making searches in your area linger on liberal hit pieces. Likewise, if you live in a sane conservative enclave, your search results will be far different because the AI has noticed that most of the people in your area stop and stay on sane web pages. If you want to influence a search engine's results, get several million people to coordinate their actions and everyone leave up conservative pages for far longer than liberal ones and presto, Google will start serving them up at the head of the line because ad revenue is higher for them.
Or-----Don't use Google. Problem solved. Duck Duck Go, Startpage, Firefox, all possibilities that don't track where you go.
Just keep in mind that every for profit search engine will analyze your patterns of usage (whether it records your identity or not) to maximize ad revenue, so if the results seem lopsidedly one way or the other, take a look at your zip code.
I use Startpage and Duck Duck Go exclusively--one serves up Home Depot searches in Maryland and the other has me in Omaha. I don't live within a thousand miles of either of those places.
Try this: Enter the same politcal search term, let's say, "defund the police" in both engines and see which articles are listed on the first page. They should reflect the leanings of those areas.

Particuarly with search engines.....at one time it was primarily google that was guilty of this....but now its spreading....more and more controversial topics are being banned and I often get my online connection interuppted when I try and copy controversial topics.......this effort to curb free speech is massive and corporate driven
Who told you there is a right of free speech in every instance? All the Constitution guarantees is that the Federal government can not limit it.

Brave's search engine is coming soon...

Cannot wait...

Finally, a search engine for the dark web?

Leave it to a conservative to believe that lying, slander, and libel should be protected speech as long as it furthers their agenda.

Yeah, they'll go to their evangelical church on Sunday morning, raise their hands in praise to the Lord and the 10 Commandments. Then they'll go home, boot up their computers and shamelessly and unapologetically bear false witness for several hours.

It's difficult to know if they're worse at being good Christians or worse and being decent human beings.

Leave it to a leftist to think labeling speech you don't like "Lying, slander, and libel" makes it okay to silence those who disagree with you.

Yeah, you'll spend a lot of time gassing about your judgements of who is and isn't a "good Christian", but you'll never tell us what authority you have on the subject that should make your opinion matter.

It's difficult to know if being delusional is what made you become a leftist, or if becoming a leftist made you delusional.

Personally, if the likes of you approved of me, that would be proof that I was doing something wrong.

Brave's search engine is coming soon...

Cannot wait...

Finally, a search engine for the dark web?
Google? Yahoo?

Controversial topics such as what?

Leave it to a leftist to think labeling speech you don't like "Lying, slander, and libel" makes it okay to silence those who disagree with you.
"Leftists"? :lol:

And that can't be Twitter and FaceBook.
They are inherently corrupt and can not be allowed to determine what we get to see and hear.
Twitter and Fakebook control what you get to see and hear?
This is the crux of the issue, in my view. They don't. But statists want to pretend they do to justify a government takeover (...ahem, I mean "regulation"). And with Trumpsters now agreeing, it's becoming more and more likely. Then we'll get a lesson in what free speech is really all about.

They are inherently corrupt and can not be allowed to determine what we get to see and hear.
Twitter and Fakebook control what you get to see and hear?
This is the crux of the issue, in my view. They don't. But statists want to pretend they do to justify a government takeover (...ahem, I mean "regulation"). And with Trumpsters now agreeing, it's becoming more and more likely. Then we'll get a lesson in what free speech is really all about.

Couldn't agree more.

TDS lives strong in this one--No one else has mentioned him in this thread--but you. Is he still rattling around in your empty head rent free.

"violations of free speech"? By the government? Because that's what the 1st Amendment applies to......NOT private companies.
Huge fallacy. Since the government is not allowed to suppress free speech, private entities are the primary ones who do this. Suppression of free speech is suppression of free speech, regardless of who does it or if anybody's rights are violated.

There is no such thing as "free speech". You are not allowed to incite riots, sedition, or
"violations of free speech"? By the government? Because that's what the 1st Amendment applies to......NOT private companies.
Exactly! However Republicans in Government have stripped US citizens of Freedom to Travel & Vote without showing your papers with Real Photo & RFID Tracking!
LOL...you need an ID to rent a car but you don’t want one to vote? You’re an idiot leftist.

It is not that hard to fake an ID, but a voter registration card is much harder to fake because it can be looked up at the polling place.

Americans slay me. They are SO obsessed with the idea of someone voting illegally. It simply DOES NOT HAPPEN. ILLEGALS ARE SIMPLY NOT VOTING IN ANY SIGNIFICANT NUMBERS. You're chasing solutions to a problem that DOES NOT EXIST WHILE IGNORING THE REAL PROBLEMS OF VOTER SUPPRESSION.

REAL VOTER FRAUD IS GERRYMANDERING AND VOTER SUPPRESSION. THE THINGS THESE NEW LAWS DOESN'T DEAL WITH.

I am not so sure you are not allowed to incite riots, sedition, etc.
While those things could be infringe upon individual rights and therefore could be made illegally normally, they could still be legal if justified.
For example, shooting someone normally is murder and illegal, but not if that person is robbing or raping.
Riots and sedition no longer are inherently illegal if the government has a long standing history of abuse that makes these warranted.
That is what the Declaration of Independence says basically.

The tricky part is who gets to decide.

I do not like Trump, but the way to reduce his influence is to let him post as often as possible.
Censoring Trump only makes him look like a martyr.
They are private organizations, but when they are in bed with a political party, there's an inherent conflict of interest. It is the definition of fascism.
When monopolies are big enough to install the federal government, they really ARE the government. Big tech companies are just the private sector arm of the federal government.

Yeah, you'll spend a lot of time gassing about your judgements of who is and isn't a "good Christian", but you'll never tell us what authority you have on the subject that should make your opinion matter.

It's difficult to know if being delusional is what made you become a leftist, or if becoming a leftist made you delusional.

Personally, if the likes of you approved of me, that would be proof that I was doing something wrong.

You don't know squat. I'm not a leftist. I've never joined any political party. I'm fairly moderate on most issues, but I'm mostly conservative on economic issues, and more liberal on social issues. But I'm not a bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination. I've worked hard all my life, and I'm the quintessential example of a person who's pulled himself up by his own bootstraps. I'm not prejudiced, but I have to admit that I really don't like liars or people who always have their hands out expecting freebies like when I get off of work and someone is standing by the side of the road expecting me to give him some of my hard earned money.

I've voted for Republicans, and I've voted for Democrats, but I would never vote for Trump or any of his Trumpist acolytes under any circumstances because they're the most unscrupulous group of liars I've ever experienced in public life. However, they do seem to be cut from the same cloth as Newt Gingrich and Tom DeLay, only worse and more unapologetically shameless while also possessing what can best be described as the exact same sense of entitlement as the guy standing on the side of the road expecting me to give him my money. In their case, they think they deserve to be in power regardless of how self-serving they are or how bad of a job they do. And to that end, they'll say anything and make up any lie to further their self-interest. They're all a scourge on our land like a plague of lying locusts devouring everything that's good and decent in their path on their way to political power.

When monopolies are big enough to install the federal government, they really ARE the government. Big tech companies are just the private sector arm of the federal government.
They're really not. If you get your wish, and government takes over, you'll see the difference in spades.

TDS lives strong in this one--No one else has mentioned him in this thread--but you. Is he still rattling around in your empty head rent free.

I love that it strikes a nerve when y'all get busted accusing others of that which your lord and savior, Donnie Covidseed, actually DOES. :lol:

Huge fallacy. Since the government is not allowed to suppress free speech, private entities are the primary ones who do this. Suppression of free speech is suppression of free speech, regardless of who does it or if anybody's rights are violated.

There is no such thing as "free speech". You are not allowed to incite riots, sedition, or
Exactly! However Republicans in Government have stripped US citizens of Freedom to Travel & Vote without showing your papers with Real Photo & RFID Tracking!
LOL...you need an ID to rent a car but you don’t want one to vote? You’re an idiot leftist.

It is not that hard to fake an ID, but a voter registration card is much harder to fake because it can be looked up at the polling place.

Americans slay me. They are SO obsessed with the idea of someone voting illegally. It simply DOES NOT HAPPEN. ILLEGALS ARE SIMPLY NOT VOTING IN ANY SIGNIFICANT NUMBERS. You're chasing solutions to a problem that DOES NOT EXIST WHILE IGNORING THE REAL PROBLEMS OF VOTER SUPPRESSION.

REAL VOTER FRAUD IS GERRYMANDERING AND VOTER SUPPRESSION. THE THINGS THESE NEW LAWS DOESN'T DEAL WITH.

I am not so sure you are not allowed to incite riots, sedition, etc.
While those things could be infringe upon individual rights and therefore could be made illegally normally, they could still be legal if justified.
For example, shooting someone normally is murder and illegal, but not if that person is robbing or raping.
Riots and sedition no longer are inherently illegal if the government has a long standing history of abuse that makes these warranted.
That is what the Declaration of Independence says basically.

The tricky part is who gets to decide.

I do not like Trump, but the way to reduce his influence is to let him post as often as possible.
Censoring Trump only makes him look like a martyr.
They are private organizations, but when they are in bed with a political party, there's an inherent conflict of interest. It is the definition of fascism.

You can write a letter to the editor of your newspaper, but they may not publish it either.

Forum List

Back