🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I am surprised Trump has not ditched the GOP yet.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
After Colorado I assumed he would ditch them and make a big tado as he did it.

Is it technically to late for him to do it because of ballot restrictions?

trump_adult_in_room_ben_garrison.jpg

Yeah, far too late for a third party run in several states, notably Texas. It was never an option for Trump, as he wasn't willing to drop an estimated $500 million just to split the GOP vote and lose the election anyway.

After Colorado I assumed he would ditch them and make a big tado as he did it.

Is it technically to late for him to do it because of ballot restrictions?
There are laws in about 30 states that forbid a person showing up on the ballot once they have been in a primary. Once you qualify for the ballot in that state for the primary, you loose the ability to be a third party in that state. Trump can't run 3rd party now in states that have 400+ electoral votes

can anyone answer this question...,

WHY does the GOP HATE Trump and Cruz so badly?

Well, it's not the same reason.

In Trump's case, it's because he's an unpredictable loose cannon who would be an utter PR nightmare for the party.

In Cruz's case, it's because he expects them to do more than just sit around comfortably enjoying their position (morally, and often literally) as the "principled opposition". He thinks they should actually OPPOSE something, and makes a public spectacle out of calling them on it.

After Colorado I assumed he would ditch them and make a big tado as he did it. Is it technically to late for him to do it because of ballot restrictions?
Infrastructure, Infrastructure, Infrastructure. Starting from scratch is a massive undertaking.

It's probably the only reason the GOP hasn't had anyone break off, why it's in essentially three pieces right now. The two newer pieces don't want to start from scratch, they know it might be easier to just take over the party. Somehow.

Trump should have run as a third party candidate from the beginning.

1. He wouldn't have had to make all his ridiculous panders to the RWnut wing of the GOP

2. He wouldn't have had to fight for his party nomination.

3. He would have had a good chance of outperforming the last significant 3rd party candidate, Perot, who got 20% in the general.

Forum List

Back