I blame Bushes for destabilizing Iraq, but I blame Nouri al-Maliki for current crisis

Actually, it's what Bush was handed by Daddy Bush. Bush used conjured-up fabricated evidence and shifting rationales as justification for invading Iraq - a 2nd time. Also, the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 was solely an act passed by the United States and addressed regime change. It was not an act of war. The United Nations did NOT support Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq.

What did either Bush have to do with these statements from VP Al Gore and top Democrats in the Congress?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

Many people said all kinds of distorted shit about Saddam based on fucked up intel provided by CIA Director George Tenet - but none of them invaded Iraq - except the Bushes.

GHW Bush enforced a UN mandate to get your hero Saddam out of a sovereign country that he had illegally invaded and was destroying.

The 1991 Persian Gulf War was a conflict between Iraq and a coalition force of 34 nations mandated by the United Nations and led by the United States. The lead up to the war began with the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in August 1990 which was met with immediate economic sanctions by the United Nations against Iraq. Hostilities commenced in January 1991, resulting in a decisive victory for the coalition forces, which drove Iraqi forces out of Kuwait with minimal coalition deaths.

George W Bush enforced UN resolutions that your hero Saddam was in material breach of.

Some 30 countries were part of the Coalition against Iraq in the first Gulf War. The Coalition against Iraq is much larger this time.

A White House statement of 21 March 2003 informed the world that:

“President Bush is assembling a Coalition that has already begun military operations to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction, and enforce 17 UNSC resolutions.”

and that already 48 countries, all of whom “understand the threat Saddam Hussein’s weapons pose to the world”, were “publicly committed to the Coalition”, including:

Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan.

Both Presidents did what needed to be done to stop your hero Saddam from taking over the middle east and exploiting their people and resources. Wasn't George Tenet appointed by Clinton and kept on by Bush? Every intelligence agency in the free world, the UN and even Bill Clinton agreed that your hero Saddam was guilty of using WMD's to kill thousands of Kurds as well as Iranians during the Iraq/Iran war.
Your defense of your hero Saddam is misguided and disgusting.

Last edited:
Saddam ruled like a dictator and died like a man. No begging, crying, or whimpering.

Saddam was a better man than the Shiite mob that lynched him.

Yet you challenged me when I said the problem in Iraq is not Sunnis fighting Shiites. Nice to see you admit I was actually right about that.

well its part of the problem since you know they went after the Sunni's.

I do? I thought one man, in the government, was trying to shut them out of the government. I must have missed all the news reports about the government actually going after them.

Then again, that would have made Obama look bad, so I can understand why the news didn't mention it.

I guess you did miss it..

Saddam was a better man than the Shiite mob that lynched him.

Saddam was a piece of dog squeeze that was allowed to persecute and starve the people of Iraq for much too long.

Like you really give a shit about the "people of Iraq"...

It is you that didn't give shit about the people of Iraq when Saddam was building palaces and starving women and children by the thousands. You don't know how I feel about the 'people of Iraq' but Bush did care and he did something about it.

On 08-09-2014 02:57 PM Kosh wrote, "Of course the far left will not blame Obama for dropping the ball.

I don't know about the 'far left' - but I find it incredible that you blame Obama for the terrible job Maliki has done as Prime Minister the past 8 years. It's incredible that anyone could be so ignorant to think that Obama could do anything to keep Maliki from consolidating his power while weakening both the constitution and political opposition by maintaining direct control of the Iraqi military and police.

George W Bush enforced UN resolutions that your hero Saddam was in material breach of.

No. Underlined and Bolded is simply a false statement. Bush 43 signed on to UNSC 1441 but did not abide by it or enforce it in any way shape or form.

You are clearly still fooled by Dubya to make such a ridiculously bold assertion.

I suspect most of my friends on the right can only think to blame Obama - without ever giving Nouri al-Maliki a second thought.

Your wrong there Shitting Bull.

Bush II did destabalize things when he took out Saddam. Colin Powell tried to tell him but he didn't listen.

As for Maliki? We left him a country and it didn't take him long to lose it.

I knew the minute our troops were gone Iraq was toast. Maliki wasn't the man to hold things together.

Personally I could care less about Iraq.

I can't help but notice you hold Obama responsible for nothing and yes Maliki was part of the problem.

Your confession that you accept that Maliki was part of the problem makes it very problematic for you and your cohorts on the right to present a coherent message as to why Obama is responsible for any of the societal and sevurity problems that have befallen Iraq since Obama became president.

Obama was public about what Maliki needed to do but Maliki refused to take our president's advice. Maliki is mostlybresponsible for the current crisis. The other party that is responsible would be the Sunni leaders and the average Sunni that accepted any terrorists among them knowing that attacks agsinst Shiites were coming from the Sunni faction of Iraq.

There is and never has been a US military solution to Sunni attacks that did not begin when Obama was elected and Bush was on his way back to the ranch.

That was left by Bush for the Iraqis to resolve, because ultimately 160,000 US troops on the ground there could not resolve it either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back