I blame Bushes for destabilizing Iraq, but I blame Nouri al-Maliki for current crisis

The problem in Iraq is ISIL.

Are you under the delusion that ISIL is actually Sunni? That is really sad, but pretty typical of a person that thinks everything is about Bush.

Duh, no shit, Inspector Clouseau. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

The group, in its original form, was composed of and supported by a variety of Sunni insurgent groups, including its predecessor organizations, Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) (2003–2006), Mujahideen Shura Council (2006–2006) and the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) (2006–2013), other insurgent groups such as Jeish al-Taiifa al-Mansoura, Jaysh al-Fatiheen, Jund al-Sahaba and Katbiyan Ansar Al-Tawhid wal Sunnah, and a number of Iraqi tribes that profess Sunni Islam.

ISIS grew significantly as an organization owing to its participation in the Syrian Civil War and the strength of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Economic and political discrimination against Iraqi Sunnis since the fall of Saddam Hussein also helped it to gain support. At the height of the 2003-2011 Iraq War, its forerunners enjoyed a significant presence in the Iraqi governorates of Al Anbar, Nineveh, Kirkuk, most of Salah ad Din, parts of Babil, Diyala and Baghdad, and claimed Baqubah as a capital city.[67][68][69][70] In the ongoing Syrian Civil War, ISIS has a large presence in the Syrian governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib and Aleppo.[71][72]

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[73] and has a record of brutal violence,[64][73] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[74] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[75] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.[76] ISIS had close links with al-Qaeda until 2014, but in February of that year, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability".[77][78]

ISIS’s original aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni-majority regions of Iraq. Following its involvement in the Syrian Civil War, this expanded to include controlling Sunni-majority areas of Syria.[79] A caliphate was proclaimed on 29 June 2014, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi—now known as Amir al-Mu'minin Caliph Ibrahim—was named as its caliph, and the group was renamed the Islamic State.[4][5][6]

Much More: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, you posted an article that backed me up in the impression that it made your point. Congratulations on the startling display if idiocy.

I bet you still think they are Sunni, don't you?

Well, dumbass, I think they started as mostly Sunni - but morphed into something else.

I suspect most of my friends on the right can only think to blame Obama - without ever giving Nouri al-Maliki a second thought.

There were 8 years of Clinton and things like Operation Desert Fox and the Iraq Liberation Act.

Please explain to us, in credible terms, how Obama could have kept troops in Iraq after being told by a sovereign democracy to get the fuck out. There was only ONE way Obama could have kept troops there - subject them to Iraqi law. Obama wouldn't allow that, and no sane American should have wanted that. Why do you hate the troops?

So Maliki laid out the terms that made it impossible for Obama to keep the troops there even if he wanted to. He sure went out on a limb and made the tough decision there didn't he ? :lol:

The international community has learned that all they have to say is ...BOO... and Obama will run away and campaign for a while and play golf until the crisis is over.

Obama authorized air strikes on ISIS in Iraq in the morning and ran off to Martha's Vineyard where he squeezed in two rounds of golf and a fund raiser in the next two days.

bush-on-bomb_master_425x320.jpg

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion.

AT A CONGRESSIONAL hearing examining the march to war in Iraq, Republican congressman Walter Jones posed "a very simple question" about the administration's manipulation of intelligence: "How could the professionals see what was happening and nobody speak out?"

Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell's former chief of staff, responded with an equally simple answer: "The vice president."

But the blame for Iraq does not end with Cheney, Bush, or Rumsfeld. Nor is it limited to the intelligence operatives who sat silent as the administration cherry-picked its case for war, or with those, like Colin Powell or Hans Blix, who, in the name of loyalty or statesmanship, did not give full throat to their misgivings. It is also shared by far too many in the Fourth Estate, most notably the New York Times' Judith Miller. But let us not forget that it lies, inescapably, with we the American people, who, in our fear and rage over the catastrophic events of September 11, 2001, allowed ourselves to be suckered into the most audacious bait and switch of all time.

Much More: Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Americans were blinded by fear and patriotism - and we got suckered.

This was what Bush was handed by Clinton.

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq. It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq. The Act was cited in October 2002 to argue for the authorization of military force against the Iraqi government.

The bill was sponsored by Representative Benjamin A. Gilman (Republican, NY-20) and co-sponsored by Representative Christopher Cox (Republican, CA-47). The bill was introduced as H.R. 4655 on September 29, 1998. The House of Representatives passed the bill 360 - 38 on October 5, and the Senate passed it with unanimous consent two days later. President Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law on October 31,1998.

Liberal scum ignore Obama claimed success in Iraq and decided to pull out 100% from Iraq to keep his campaign promises.

So....liberals trying to blame Bush for this fucking mess today shows you are nothing but scum of the earth that should burn in hell.

If we can't stop the Jews and the Palestinians from fighting, why would we do better in Iraq between the Shiite and Sunni? We were never able to stop the Catholics and the Protestants either. They ended that themselves.

If we can't do anything about it, then how can we blame anyone for it? The only way someone can be blamed for it is if we could actually do something and failed to do that or did the wrong thing.

And if we can't do anything, why is Obama dropping bombs?

Band-Aids, to protect American advisers, Christians, and other innocent Iraqis from being raped and slaughtered - AND, because the Iraqi government asked Obama for help (reference United Nations Charter, Article 51).

Personally, I'm against any American presence in Iraq. However, most Americans seem to support the airstrikes.

Americans Support Air Strikes In Iraq, But Strongly Oppose Sending In Troops

Obama screwed up. No use lying for the lying fraud any longer.

So Maliki laid out the terms that made it impossible for Obama to keep the troops there even if he wanted to. He sure went out on a limb and made the tough decision there didn't he ? :lol:

The international community has learned that all they have to say is ...BOO... and Obama will run away and campaign for a while and play golf until the crisis is over.

Obama authorized air strikes on ISIS in Iraq in the morning and ran off to Martha's Vineyard where he squeezed in two rounds of golf and a fund raiser in the next two days.

Unlike Bush, Obama can walk and chew gum at the same time. It's called multitasking.

Unlike Bush, Obama can walk and chew gum at the same time. It's called multitasking.

Obama brags about getting every soldier out of Iraq against the advice of our generals, and now children are being beheaded. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Duh, no shit, Inspector Clouseau. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

The group, in its original form, was composed of and supported by a variety of Sunni insurgent groups, including its predecessor organizations, Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) (2003–2006), Mujahideen Shura Council (2006–2006) and the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) (2006–2013), other insurgent groups such as Jeish al-Taiifa al-Mansoura, Jaysh al-Fatiheen, Jund al-Sahaba and Katbiyan Ansar Al-Tawhid wal Sunnah, and a number of Iraqi tribes that profess Sunni Islam.

ISIS grew significantly as an organization owing to its participation in the Syrian Civil War and the strength of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Economic and political discrimination against Iraqi Sunnis since the fall of Saddam Hussein also helped it to gain support. At the height of the 2003-2011 Iraq War, its forerunners enjoyed a significant presence in the Iraqi governorates of Al Anbar, Nineveh, Kirkuk, most of Salah ad Din, parts of Babil, Diyala and Baghdad, and claimed Baqubah as a capital city.[67][68][69][70] In the ongoing Syrian Civil War, ISIS has a large presence in the Syrian governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib and Aleppo.[71][72]

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[73] and has a record of brutal violence,[64][73] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[74] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[75] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.[76] ISIS had close links with al-Qaeda until 2014, but in February of that year, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability".[77][78]

ISIS’s original aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni-majority regions of Iraq. Following its involvement in the Syrian Civil War, this expanded to include controlling Sunni-majority areas of Syria.[79] A caliphate was proclaimed on 29 June 2014, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi—now known as Amir al-Mu'minin Caliph Ibrahim—was named as its caliph, and the group was renamed the Islamic State.[4][5][6]

Much More: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, you posted an article that backed me up in the impression that it made your point. Congratulations on the startling display if idiocy.

Well, dumbass, I think they started as mostly Sunni - but morphed into something else.

Yet you challenged me when I said the problem in Iraq is not Sunnis fighting Shiites. Nice to see you admit I was actually right about that.

bush-on-bomb_master_425x320.jpg

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion.

AT A CONGRESSIONAL hearing examining the march to war in Iraq, Republican congressman Walter Jones posed "a very simple question" about the administration's manipulation of intelligence: "How could the professionals see what was happening and nobody speak out?"

Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell's former chief of staff, responded with an equally simple answer: "The vice president."

But the blame for Iraq does not end with Cheney, Bush, or Rumsfeld. Nor is it limited to the intelligence operatives who sat silent as the administration cherry-picked its case for war, or with those, like Colin Powell or Hans Blix, who, in the name of loyalty or statesmanship, did not give full throat to their misgivings. It is also shared by far too many in the Fourth Estate, most notably the New York Times' Judith Miller. But let us not forget that it lies, inescapably, with we the American people, who, in our fear and rage over the catastrophic events of September 11, 2001, allowed ourselves to be suckered into the most audacious bait and switch of all time.

Much More: Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Americans were blinded by fear and patriotism - and we got suckered.

This was what Bush was handed by Clinton.

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq. It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton, and states that it is the policy of the United States to support democratic movements within Iraq. The Act was cited in October 2002 to argue for the authorization of military force against the Iraqi government.

The bill was sponsored by Representative Benjamin A. Gilman (Republican, NY-20) and co-sponsored by Representative Christopher Cox (Republican, CA-47). The bill was introduced as H.R. 4655 on September 29, 1998. The House of Representatives passed the bill 360 - 38 on October 5, and the Senate passed it with unanimous consent two days later. President Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law on October 31,1998.

Actually, it's what Bush was handed by Daddy Bush. Bush used conjured-up fabricated evidence and shifting rationales as justification for invading Iraq - a 2nd time. Also, the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 was solely an act passed by the United States and addressed regime change. It was not an act of war. The United Nations did NOT support Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq.

Yet you challenged me when I said the problem in Iraq is not Sunnis fighting Shiites. Nice to see you admit I was actually right about that.

Christ, you're as dumb as Ibenjoken.

well its part of the problem since you know they went after the Sunni's.

Forum List

Back