I blame Bushes for destabilizing Iraq, but I blame Nouri al-Maliki for current crisis

So you are blaming others. Why exactly do you think we thought any different of you? It's not like you were going to accept that your elected leaders had any responsibility. No one expected that at all

So blame bush. Blame maliki. Does it fix a damn thing?

How about stepping up and providing solutions for a change?

If we can't stop the Jews and the Palestinians from fighting, why would we do better in Iraq between the Shiite and Sunni? We were never able to stop the Catholics and the Protestants either. They ended that themselves.

So you are blaming others. Why exactly do you think we thought any different of you? It's not like you were going to accept that your elected leaders had any responsibility. No one expected that at all

If we can't stop the Jews and the Palestinians from fighting, why would we do better in Iraq between the Shiite and Sunni? We were never able to stop the Catholics and the Protestants either. They ended that themselves.
I have to agree. Except for the incredibly complex microcosm of Northern Ireland, Catholic and Protestants ceased their wars in the 19th century. We are dealing with mindsets and a religion steeped in the Middle-ages whose fanaticism stretches from Britain to the Philippines. That does not mean we should not try to help the victims of such depravity even if it is based on "the religion of peace".

Who cares who you or any liberal blames?? YOUR MESSIAH IS PRESIDENT.. The buck stops with him, PERIOD.. He has a foreign policy that is one enormous clusterfuck and nothing you far left kooks say will or can change those facts.

No, how about I continue to provide historical context.

That would be a nice change form your normal posting pattern of lies and innuendos. I doubt you can do it, but I am willing to let you give it a try.

When will you start?

The kid is wearing western clothes, is obviously Anglo, and has English words on his tee shirt, plus "FLAG MEDIA"? "Thats my boy"? This is a sick attempt at a joke. Not ISIS.

The family is from Sydney. It is ISIS in Syria. Jihadists have been coming to Syria from across the globe. This is well known.

His dad is up the food chain with ISIS.

I wish it was a joke. Here's a solid link for you.

Jihadist Khaled Sharrouf’s tweets photo of his young Australian son posing with soldier’s severed head

CANBERRA, Australia — An Australian newspaper on Monday published a photograph of a child it said was the son of an Australian convicted terrorist holding aloft the severed head of a Syrian soldier.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio that the photograph was further evidence of “just how barbaric” the Islamic State group is.

The Australian newspaper reported that the photograph of terrorist Khaled Sharrouf’s son, who was raised in Sydney, was posted on Twitter by his proud father.

“That’s my boy!” Sharrouf apparently posted beneath the image that was taken in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa, the capital of what has been declared that an Islamic Caliphate by the Islamic State, the newspaper reported.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ralian-son-posing-with-soldiers-severed-head/

Here's a family portrait to beat the band eh?

terrorist.jpg

Last edited:

For one thing, the problem in Iraq isn't that the Shiite and the Sunni are fighting.

What don't you left wing whackaloons blame on Bush?

:lol:

Your final words on this planet will be "Booooossshhhhh".

I know they are infatuated with him. He was one hell of a leader. So much so they miss his presence because the schmuck in office hasn't done anything near what Bush could do. Like lead.

For one thing, the problem in Iraq isn't that the Shiite and the Sunni are fighting.

Okay, I'll bite. What is the problem in Iraq?

Even if I had the authority, I don't pretend to be smart enough to solve the crisis in Iraq. The Middle East is and has been a hotbed of ancient tribal hatred and violence. It's like the Hatfields and McCoys on steroids. I doubt if even a 3-state partition would be a viable long-term solution. Only the people of Iraq hold the solution. All outsiders can do is offer some Band-Aids from time to time.

The problem in Iraq is ISIL.

Are you under the delusion that ISIL is actually Sunni? That is really sad, but pretty typical of a person that thinks everything is about Bush.

If we can't do anything about it, then how can we blame anyone for it? The only way someone can be blamed for it is if we could actually do something and failed to do that or did the wrong thing.

And if we can't do anything, why is Obama dropping bombs?

Are you under the delusion that ISIL is actually Sunni? That is really sad, but pretty typical of a person that thinks everything is about Bush.

Duh, no shit, Inspector Clouseau. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

The group, in its original form, was composed of and supported by a variety of Sunni insurgent groups, including its predecessor organizations, Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) (2003–2006), Mujahideen Shura Council (2006–2006) and the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) (2006–2013), other insurgent groups such as Jeish al-Taiifa al-Mansoura, Jaysh al-Fatiheen, Jund al-Sahaba and Katbiyan Ansar Al-Tawhid wal Sunnah, and a number of Iraqi tribes that profess Sunni Islam.

ISIS grew significantly as an organization owing to its participation in the Syrian Civil War and the strength of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Economic and political discrimination against Iraqi Sunnis since the fall of Saddam Hussein also helped it to gain support. At the height of the 2003-2011 Iraq War, its forerunners enjoyed a significant presence in the Iraqi governorates of Al Anbar, Nineveh, Kirkuk, most of Salah ad Din, parts of Babil, Diyala and Baghdad, and claimed Baqubah as a capital city.[67][68][69][70] In the ongoing Syrian Civil War, ISIS has a large presence in the Syrian governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib and Aleppo.[71][72]

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[73] and has a record of brutal violence,[64][73] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[74] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[75] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.[76] ISIS had close links with al-Qaeda until 2014, but in February of that year, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability".[77][78]

ISIS’s original aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni-majority regions of Iraq. Following its involvement in the Syrian Civil War, this expanded to include controlling Sunni-majority areas of Syria.[79] A caliphate was proclaimed on 29 June 2014, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi—now known as Amir al-Mu'minin Caliph Ibrahim—was named as its caliph, and the group was renamed the Islamic State.[4][5][6]

Much More: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we can't do anything about it, then how can we blame anyone for it? The only way someone can be blamed for it is if we could actually do something and failed to do that or did the wrong thing.

And if we can't do anything, why is Obama dropping bombs?

Band-Aids, to protect American advisers, Christians, and other innocent Iraqis from being raped and slaughtered - AND, because the Iraqi government asked Obama for help (reference United Nations Charter, Article 51).

Personally, I'm against any American presence in Iraq. However, most Americans seem to support the airstrikes.

Americans Support Air Strikes In Iraq, But Strongly Oppose Sending In Troops

Duh, no shit, Dick Tracy. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

The group, in its original form, was composed of and supported by a variety of Sunni insurgent groups, including its predecessor organizations, Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) (2003–2006), Mujahideen Shura Council (2006–2006) and the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) (2006–2013), other insurgent groups such as Jeish al-Taiifa al-Mansoura, Jaysh al-Fatiheen, Jund al-Sahaba and Katbiyan Ansar Al-Tawhid wal Sunnah, and a number of Iraqi tribes that profess Sunni Islam.

ISIS grew significantly as an organization owing to its participation in the Syrian Civil War and the strength of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Economic and political discrimination against Iraqi Sunnis since the fall of Saddam Hussein also helped it to gain support. At the height of the 2003-2011 Iraq War, its forerunners enjoyed a significant presence in the Iraqi governorates of Al Anbar, Nineveh, Kirkuk, most of Salah ad Din, parts of Babil, Diyala and Baghdad, and claimed Baqubah as a capital city.[67][68][69][70] In the ongoing Syrian Civil War, ISIS has a large presence in the Syrian governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib and Aleppo.[71][72]

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[73] and has a record of brutal violence,[64][73] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[74] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[75] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.[76] ISIS had close links with al-Qaeda until 2014, but in February of that year, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with the group, reportedly for its brutality and "notorious intractability".[77][78]

ISIS’s original aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni-majority regions of Iraq. Following its involvement in the Syrian Civil War, this expanded to include controlling Sunni-majority areas of Syria.[79] A caliphate was proclaimed on 29 June 2014, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi—now known as Amir al-Mu'minin Caliph Ibrahim—was named as its caliph, and the group was renamed the Islamic State.[4][5][6]

Much More: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ISIS invaded Iraq from Syria. It was in Syria where ISIS and Levant gained their power and their wealth.

Pre Syria they were just your average two bit Mohammed six pack of terrorists who really didn't do jack shit. Just your joe blow suicide bombers and the like.

So how on earth did Bush magically arm ISIS and Levant in Syria? Or Maliki? How did these two men that you blame the conflict in Iraq on in your OP give these jihadists their weapons and their power so that they were able to seize one third of the territory of the nation of Syria?

A better question. When did President Bush and Maliki seek to undermine the rule of President Assad and seek to depose him and replace Assad with a government of their choice?

Because of the turmoil in Syria with a weakened Assad under assault from Western leaders ISIS was able to become the monster it is today.

I just can't seem to find Bush and Maliki in this timeline. Maybe you can help me. As to the weaponry gained in Iraq during the invasion in June, yes those were American left over weapons from the Bush war.

But do tell. To invade Iraq they had to do so with weapons they got in Syria. Where and how did they get them?

Bush and Maliki? I think not.

Duh, no shit, Dick Tracy. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

ISIS invaded Iraq from Syria. It was in Syria where ISIS and Levant gained their power and their wealth.

Pre Syria they were just your average two bit Mohammed six pack of terrorists who really didn't do jack shit. Just your joe blow suicide bombers and the like.

So how on earth did Bush magically arm ISIS and Levant in Syria? Or Maliki? How did these two men that you blame the conflict in Iraq on in your OP give these jihadists their weapons and their power so that they were able to seize one third of the territory of the nation of Syria?

A better question. When did President Bush and Maliki seek to undermine the rule of President Assad and seek to depose him and replace Assad with a government of their choice?

Because of the turmoil in Syria with a weakened Assad under assault from Western leaders ISIS was able to become the monster it is today.

I just can't seem to find Bush and Maliki in this timeline. Maybe you can help me. As to the weaponry gained in Iraq during the invasion in June, yes those were American left over weapons from the Bush war.

But do tell. To invade Iraq they had to do so with weapons they got in Syria. Where and how did they get them?

Bush and Maliki? I think not.

Do a little credible research. Much of their heavy weaponry came from the retreating Iraqi military, weapons that America left in Iraq when we pulled out. Plus, ISIS has a big war chest.

ISIL Moving Seized U.S. Tanks, Humvees to Syria | Washington Free Beacon

Duh, no shit, Inspector Clouseau. ISIS/ISIL has morphed, but I'm not under any delusion as to how it started. However, Maliki's cronyism and brutality were major catalysts - which preceded ISIS/ISIL terrorizing Iraq.

Wow, you posted an article that backed me up in the impression that it made your point. Congratulations on the startling display if idiocy.

I bet you still think they are Sunni, don't you?

Forum List

Back