I blame the Republicans for creating a culture of anti intellectualism!

Liberals have been pretty much the dominate force over the last 15 years in education, and liberal/democrats have been ruling the roost intellectually...But the fault for kids that can't read and lack critical skills is due to Republicans? You got some s'plaining to do, Lucy.

God, Guns, and Muslims! Is that all you talk about?
No. It's just the three things the current administration gets most consistently and grievously wrong. And Republicans did nothing to make it happen - it's all on the Democrats.

So they are among the topics normal Americans talk about, particularly when an election is coming with a chance to throw the clumsy and misguided Dems out.

Nutbags........

When you try to claim that liberals don't know how to educate children, please remember that we trail other nations.....just about all of them more liberal than we are....when it comes to measuring education.

Thanks.

Ever since I was in Jr. High, like 1969, liberal teachers have been by and large the dominate part of the faculty. Conservative teachers were ran off or retired. What is the "dumbing down of America "? The entire premise of this thread is questionable. Strictly speaking, the decline in American education can be tied to the rise in Liberalism.

the dumbing down of America is owned by the liberal establishment, education system, welfare system, and war on poverty. It took the backbone out of the can do spirit, self reliance, and will, in short what made America great.
Conservatives stopped respecting smart people long ago. Now they publicly denounce them.

You've got that right.
Lately I've seen quite a few on here state that a college education is worthless. Nothing more than communist, Marxist, liberal progressive indoctrination. They've certainly received the message.

I don't think that a college education is "worthless", but with the amount of jobs that manufacturers need here in America that require a trade school, or a technical school, a diploma from one of those is more valuable than a college education.

Labor jobs requiring technical training are having a hard time getting filled. A trade education in this economy would be worth more than a college degree.

Which would you rather be, a fully employed mechanic or HVAC tech, or a person with a college degree working at minimum wage because you can't find a job for the degree you have due to all those jobs being filled?

I agree completely. A welder can make 100K a year if they hustle. I didn't get a degree until my thirties. I learned communications in the military and later worked for the phone company. Made great money with as much overtime as I wanted. Those jobs today are fewer but still exist. They may not be as stable over the long term as they're subject more to market changes. There should be more investment in technical training by all parties, employers, high schools, as well as govt.

Liberals have been pretty much the dominate force over the last 15 years in education, and liberal/democrats have been ruling the roost intellectually...But the fault for kids that can't read and lack critical skills is due to Republicans? You got some s'plaining to do, Lucy.

More likely their Republican parents who think like you.

I used to be liberal. Tired of the liberal conformist group thinkers like you.

Doubtful.

Doubtful.
Likely.

Nutbags........

When you try to claim that liberals don't know how to educate children, please remember that we trail other nations.....just about all of them more liberal than we are....when it comes to measuring education.

Thanks.
Nice deflection,changes nothing.

I blame the George Bush era GOP for making Americans dumber!

Someone should drag the GOP into the 21st Century!

I blame socialized schools. People have become dumber under socialized schools.

The people electing Bush and now voting for Trump are the problem. They aren't intentionally 'dumbing down' anything.

It is who they really are.

The people electing Bush and now voting for Trump are the problem. They aren't intentionally 'dumbing down' anything.

It is who they really are.
Voters for Trump fall in two categories:
  • True believes that believe political incorrectness, bravado, arrogance, and egotism are marks of a tough leader, someone who will kick ass and want hesitate to use the political and military strength of the country to accomplish his goals.
  • Conservatives who don't like Trump and believe he will do harm to the party and country but believe Hillary would do more harm.
George Bush supporters were Reagan conservatives and evangelicals who embraced the party.

I blame the George Bush era GOP for making Americans dumber!

Someone should drag the GOP into the 21st Century!

Absolutely. The GOP looks ridiculous these days with their constant refuting of science and myriad other facts. And now they're nominating one the most fact challenged aholes they could dredge up. The party needs a complete overhaul from the ground up.

never question a scientist, they are always right.

When I was a kid, the T-rex stood upright, dragged it's tail and walked down it's prey.

In my 20's it leaned forward, balanced by it's tail and ran down it's prey

Now, it still leans forward, but it walks and is just a scavenger.

never question a scientist, they are always right
If that was religion it would still be the very first thing you heard.

At least science works to correct its mistake.
not if its making tons of money.

but like I said, never question scientist, they are always right

Republicans are anti intellectual but it's democrats who believe life begins sometime during teenage years, if ever, and biology is subject to political change.

Republicans are anti education but it's democrats who find it acceptable for students who graduate college without being able to read or write.

Uh huh. Sure.

Republicans are anti intellectual but it's democrats who believe life begins sometime during teenage years, if ever, and biology is subject to political change.

Republicans are anti education but it's democrats who find it acceptable for students who graduate college without being able to read or write.

Uh huh. Sure.
good one. they do believe they are ones. uppity ignorant snobs is all I see, who don't think for themselves and will follow some man like Obama off a freaking cliff if it came to that.

Forum List

Back