“I Cannot Afford To Live”: Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

To be honest I have never understood who decided some foods are just for breakfast.
Every once in awhile I'll have some potatoes left over and I turn them into hashbrowns. I buy a kelbasa and bake till it's done, slice it up and then squeeze lemon on it. Mix the hash browns and eggs together. 2 pieces of toast. 3 eggs. Holy shit it's a great dinner. Katsup on the hashbrowns.

Literally half of all Americans have no retirement savings at all. Those are the people who have been ravaged by Joe Biden's economy. Claims by the left that things are great are falling on deaf ears. Things aren't great when your paycheck doesn't cover your bills and your bills keep going up. That's the reality of the economy that Joe Biden has given us.
Those people didn't have retirement savings when Trump was president.

Sorry, but how many weeks before all of you started crying you couldn't pay your rent so TRUMP sent you a stimulus check.

So the truth is you started tapping into your savings when Trump was still president. You just forgot.

Sadly that will not happen. You are correct that Biden does not know how, but neither does Trump.
Yet Trump's economic numbers before Covid shut down the economy indicates that Trump does indeed know how and has literally PROVEN that! It's a rather clear cut choice. If you want to fix the economy...elect someone who did an excellent job at that. If you want a continuation of what we've had for the past 3 and 1/2 years...reelect Joe Biden. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Heck, your problems are so cute. People here can´t even pay for the daycare anymore. All my money is spent on electricity these days. Tell your President to make peace or his Euro-slaves will strangle us for our last cent. I might have to get rid of them violently, otherwise. We are drowning in shit here while the regime and its minions are up for a Lamborghini tour.

Those people didn't have retirement savings when Trump was president.

Sorry, but how many weeks before all of you started crying you couldn't pay your rent so TRUMP sent you a stimulus check.

So the truth is you started tapping into your savings when Trump was still president. You just forgot.
I forgot? LOL That's your talking point, Sealy? I "forgot" that it was bad under Trump before Covid? Seriously? I hate to point out the obvious here but you're out of your mind! Trump was giving us historically good economic numbers before Fauci and his Chinese buddies unleashed that pandemic on us! I haven't forgotten anything! It wasn't that long ago.

Every once in awhile I'll have some potatoes left over and I turn them into hashbrowns. I buy a kelbasa and bake till it's done, slice it up and then squeeze lemon on it. Mix the hash browns and eggs together. 2 pieces of toast. 3 eggs. Holy shit it's a great dinner. Katsup on the hashbrowns.

We do "breakfast for dinner" pretty often, hashbrowns with egg and cheese on them or an omelet with French toast

Yet Trump's economic numbers before Covid shut down the economy indicates that Trump does indeed know how and has literally PROVEN that! It's a rather clear cut choice. If you want to fix the economy...elect someone who did an excellent job at that. If you want a continuation of what we've had for the past 3 and 1/2 years...reelect Joe Biden. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

He did not 'fix anything" prior to COVID he just rode the train he was handed.

Oh please...Obama gave us "The Great Recession"! Claiming Trump rode the economy that he was given by Barry is almost as laughable as claiming we're doing GREAT under Joe Biden!

The recession started in Dec of 2007. Who was the POTUS in Dec of 2007?

You can also do the reverse.....Mashed potatoes leftover from yesterday's supper?

Put cold mashed potatoes, some flour, chopped onions (I cook them to clear first), and some shredded cheese in a bowl, add enough water to be able to stir it up but remain sorta solid.

Of course it's a MK 1 eyeball type of thing as far as how much stuff you put with the mashed potatoes as it depends on the amount of leftover mashed potatoes.

Use a generous tablespoon full and place in a skillet, flatten it out some, cook till brown on both sides and you have the best potato cakes ever for breakfast. I usually just fry them in whatever breakfast meat grease I fixed. Bacon mostly.

Yes sir, no more warmed-over leftovers, left over to warm over. ;)

True story. Was at a big box club last night and noticed the cooler for dairy had the lights off. I asked what is going on.
Someone earlier in the day walked in and fainted when they saw the price of eggs. Busted their head wide open as well.
They want to keep the lights off so you can't see the prices.

4.99 for a dozen eggs.

Bro, that used to be .89 cents when Trump was President.

Doc7505
4.99 is up, but .89 sounds closer to when carter was president. you know, when 4k cash could drive out of the lot with a new corolla.

but there are a few considerations to using eggs as a harbinger of inflation........

bird flu has its consequences, covid effects the agribusiness. employees as does our immigration law and petroleum prices.,

the conditions under which eggs are commercially produced has convinced many that the mass produced eggs may not be of quality "fit for human consumption."

a dozen leghorn eggs is about $10 or 12 (up from 76 cents for my first bantams). keep our a pan of water and throw out a few scraps. eggs will appear.

act like american and stop waiting for trump to lay your eggs.l

You can also do the reverse.....Mashed potatoes leftover from yesterday's supper?

Put cold mashed potatoes, some flour, chopped onions (I cook them to clear first), and some shredded cheese in a bowl, add enough water to be able to stir it up but remain sorta solid.

Of course it's a MK 1 eyeball type of thing as far as how much stuff you put with the mashed potatoes as it depends on the amount of leftover mashed potatoes.

Use a generous tablespoon full and place in a skillet, flatten it out some, cook till brown on both sides and you have the best potato cakes ever for breakfast. I usually just fry them in whatever breakfast meat grease I fixed. Bacon mostly.

Yes sir, no more warmed-over leftovers, left over to warm over. ;)
sounds like my gramma's recipe, 1srelluc , when is breakfast? i'll bring the eggs.

I'm not sure "young adults" have a realistic view of what life should be like.

While it's true that from the end of WWII through the mid-60's, it was possible for a HS or college grad to be fully self-supporting in his early 20's, those days are long gone.

In recent times, it takes two F/T incomes to support a household, and that household will likely start out with quite a bit of debt, even excluding student loan debt.

I see videos of people in their early-to-mid 20's complaining that they cannot afford to live...pay rent, utilities, food, and have a bit left over for entertainment. No shit. This hasn't been possible for most working-class people for a couple generations.

Rents and prices of "starter" homes are exploding due to a "lack of inventory," and that's no lie, but it's not all that much worse than it has been for quite a while.

Two full-time incomes. That's what it takes in "normal" times. You are not being picked upon by the fickle finger of fate.

If high prices are what have you all mad, look at the number of companies that posted record profits. Then you'll be REALLY mad.

They should be in business for free? Pay $100/hr for people to stand around and bad mouth Trump? What would the shareholders say about that?

When prices double in a short time, revenue will go up. But so does the cost of goods and services. Not automatically “record profits” as you bellow out your window “whars my check”. suck on that commeee Obiden stooge.

Last edited:
they have been predicting widespread economic disaster since clinton raised the minimum wage and before.

they subscribe to economic theories that fail to correctly predict results of their policies.

adam smithos oreliminary observations on the "wealth of nations" have had 200 tears and more of study and revision inro economic modekls that their ideology rejects.

their problem. i just banked over 20 k by shorting dear leader (or was i backing trump's insider trading play? who cares.) . wonder what a new camry costs?

my biggest fear' after 2024 election: a lot of these guys are going to be broke, disappointed, and well armed

"you can't cheat an honest man." p t barnum

Pay your taxes and SHUP you crazy old closeted Obiden POS.

outside of inflation the numbers now are just as good or better.
They are better under Biden, except for the in your face, inflation....for now.

The good news is that because the rest of the economy is doing well....we as a Nation, can work ourselves out of it, with time.

Imagine trying to live with inflation, AND ALSO not having a job...being unemployed! That would be much worse! :eek:

Forum List

Back