“I Cannot Afford To Live”: Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

True story. Was at a big box club last night and noticed the cooler for dairy had the lights off. I asked what is going on.
Someone earlier in the day walked in and fainted when they saw the price of eggs. Busted their head wide open as well.
They want to keep the lights off so you can't see the prices.

4.99 for a dozen eggs.

Bro, that used to be .89 cents when Trump was President.

Doc7505

They are not even that much at Whole Foods. Why do you people make up these clearly bullshit stories?

1713008672766.png

“I Cannot Afford To Live”:

Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

10 Apr 2024 ~~ By Michael Snyder

As we approach what is likely to be the most chaotic presidential election in U.S. history, trouble signs are starting to erupt for the U.S. economy. In fact, CNN is actually admitting that “the long-predicted storm clouds in the economy may actually be forming”. I can’t remember the last time that I saw a CNN article with a headline like that. But at this point, it is becoming extremely difficult for the mainstream media to avoid the truth. Inflation is getting worse at the same time that many key sectors of our economy are slowing down. If you thought that the last couple of years were rough for the economy, just wait until you see what is coming next. Tremendous turmoil is on the horizon, and the American people are becoming increasingly emotional about our rapidly growing economic problems.
On Wednesday, we learned that prices jumped even more than expected during the month of March…
~Snip~
For example, Fox Business is reporting that the cost of energy “is up 36.9% from where it was in Jan. 2021″…
Tuesday’s inflation numbers punctuate what has been a dreadful three years for energy consumers. The overall cost of energy in March is up 36.9% from where it was in Jan. 2021, according to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.​
Of course energy prices are going to go a lot higher than they are right now.
~Snip~
Just like me, so many of you can feel what is coming.
A tipping point has arrived, and the outlook for the months ahead is very bleak.
The U.S. economy is going off the rails, and the worse things get the more frustrated the American people are going to become.

Commentary:
Not according to our 46th president and his administration. We are doing so well, we don’t have to worry about the cost of illegals or of forgiving student loans, and we can freely help Ukraine with many hundreds of billions of dollars for something that could have been handled with a peace treaty.
Everything is fine!
Don't worry about housing, food, or fuel for heating, cooking or transportation. Our president has it covered.
Yes, The Rats in Washington have it covered. They tell us they won’t cut Social Security benefits, but they have no problem creating high inflation, or fudging the numbers to limit Social Security COLA’s for retirees.
The next round of inflation is going to be absolutely brutal. Many already on the brink who never would've considered crime will start to ponder it.
America's largely service sector economy will take a massive hit as what little discretionary spending still exists evaporates and near-minimum wage workers can barely afford to commute.
What happens when rural youth begin behaving like urban youth?
There is a level f hardship at which this starts to happen en-masse.

Don't worry help is on the way. 2023 unions won big. Wages for uneductaed blue collar workers went up. Inflation is being fixed.

Biden's two-year record stacks up well against the very high bars set by FDR and LBJ, beginning with the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan to stimulate the economy, followed by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act to provide for repairs and extensions to the nation's roads, bridges, railroads, water systems (the need for which is obvious, for instance, in Jackson, Mississippi, where I live) and broadband. In 2022, he secured passage of the PACT Act, expanding health care and benefits for those who were exposed to toxic substances during their military service, and the CHIPS and Science Act, funding advanced scientific research and investing $53 billion to manufacture silicone microchips in the U.S. The crown jewel in 2022 was the Inflation Reduction Act, which does more than any previous legislation to mitigate climate change, allows Medicare to negotiate with Big Pharma to cut prescription drug prices, begins to crack down on tax evasion by corporations and the very rich and much more. ,...reform of the Electoral Count Act, making it more difficult to overturn an election

Economy is in good shape. Inflation is tepid. Employment high. 25-55 labor participation rate all time highs. Record 401ks. Record stock prices. Jobs everywhere.

You morons have predicted a recession since Nov 2020 when your god lost his election. Been wrong for 4 years. If you keep crying about a good economy imagine how gleeful you will be if it turns downward? So happy for you if it does.
"Inflation is tepid"? What exactly does "tepid" describe, Gator? Inflation is eating people alive right now. Describing it as "tepid" is about as idiotic as Joe Biden's fiscal policies have been for the past 3 and 1/2 years! I hate to break this to you but the average blue collar worker in America isn't taking part in the stock market surge and most of them are raiding their 401K's to pay bills! They are literally living pay check to pay check and have maxed out their credit cards paying for groceries. The economy is NOT in good shape!

most of them are raiding their 401K's to pay bills!

Actually, less than 3% are doing that.

The share of 401(k) participants taking hardship withdrawals from their accounts rose to 2.4% last year, up from 1.9% in 2021, according to financial services firm Fidelity. That represents the highest share of hardship withdrawals recorded at Fidelity, which noted the share typically ranges from 2% to 2.3% annually.

They are literally living pay check to pay check and have maxed out their credit cards paying for groceries.

Nothing new. In 2019 78% of people were doing so.

I hope you`re right but I`m concerned that the progressives will turn on Biden over Israel. It was the progressives that but Mango Mussolini in the Whitehouse because they refused to vote for Hillary Clinton. Hillary`s crimes? She made money giving speeches to bankers.

I think the Arabs in Michigan are just threatening Biden so he stands up for Palestine. Even the Daily Show called out the Biden administration for treating Israel different than we do Russia.

Russia kills civilians, we condemn it. When Israel does it, it's concerning
Russia won't let the press in and kills the press, we condemn them for it. Isreal does it, it's concerning.
We condemn Russia for land grab? Guess what Israel is doing in the West Bank?

Bibi Netenyahoo is basically Bush who invaded Iraq. We MUST condemn this. But we did it too, in Iraq.

Don't worry help is on the way. 2023 unions won big. Wages for uneductaed blue collar workers went up. Inflation is being fixed.

Biden's two-year record stacks up well against the very high bars set by FDR and LBJ, beginning with the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan to stimulate the economy, followed by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act to provide for repairs and extensions to the nation's roads, bridges, railroads, water systems (the need for which is obvious, for instance, in Jackson, Mississippi, where I live) and broadband. In 2022, he secured passage of the PACT Act, expanding health care and benefits for those who were exposed to toxic substances during their military service, and the CHIPS and Science Act, funding advanced scientific research and investing $53 billion to manufacture silicone microchips in the U.S. The crown jewel in 2022 was the Inflation Reduction Act, which does more than any previous legislation to mitigate climate change, allows Medicare to negotiate with Big Pharma to cut prescription drug prices, begins to crack down on tax evasion by corporations and the very rich and much more. ,...reform of the Electoral Count Act, making it more difficult to overturn an election
You do realize that the "Inflation Reduction Act" should have actually been called the Inflation Producing Act...right? Joe Biden's spending caused the huge spike in inflation that's had the average American family shelling out over $1,400 more per month to pay their bills! "Don't worry help is on the way."? Hopefully that's true, Sealy! Hopefully we have a President elected next November who will fix the economy! That ISN'T Joe Biden! He doesn't have a clue how to do that.

Coupons are coming back too. My dad is a coupon clipper and he freaked out when coupons stopped coming for awhile. Specials are back. Stop buying when things aren't on special.

We were never very good with coupons, even when we were dirt poor.

Hopefully we have a President elected next November who will fix the economy! That ISN'T Joe Biden! He doesn't have a clue how to do that.

Sadly that will not happen. You are correct that Biden does not know how, but neither does Trump.

The economy sucks!
What do you do for a living?
What major city do you live near?
Perhaps you should move to a red/blue state. If you are in a color you don't like, get out. But the other day I saw Mississippi actually has a very large government. Isn't that a red state? Why do they have so many government employees? If we are going to start cutting government spending, start in Mississippi and every other red state that wants smaller government. First shrink your state House and Senate.

True story. Was at a big box club last night and noticed the cooler for dairy had the lights off. I asked what is going on.
Someone earlier in the day walked in and fainted when they saw the price of eggs. Busted their head wide open as well.
They want to keep the lights off so you can't see the prices.

4.99 for a dozen eggs.

Bro, that used to be .89 cents when Trump was President.

Doc7505
Who's raising the price of eggs, and why?

What do you do for a living?
What major city do you live near?
Perhaps you should move to a red/blue state. If you are in a color you don't like, get out. But the other day I saw Mississippi actually has a very large government. Isn't that a red state? Why do they have so many government employees? If we are going to start cutting government spending, start in Mississippi and every other red state that wants smaller government. First shrink your state House and Senate.

I had never thought about this, but the states with the highest ratio of Govt employees. Here are the top 15, 11 are deep red states.

1713009428823.png

We were never very good with coupons, even when we were dirt poor.

That, and smoking cigarettes, are why I don't feel sorry for too many Americans who say they can't save any money. If you can pay $8 a day for smokes, you can't be that poor. That's $3000 a year you should be saving.

And this is why food stores won't lower prices. Why should they when we keep buying?

One company is lowering their prices. General Mills. Cereal. During the lockdown everyone was eating cereal and they jacked up the price. Now everyone is sick of cereal and the company is freaking out. They have to lower their prices but companies hate doing that.

Here is something sad though I heard the other day. Cereal companies know that people are struggling because landlords jacked up rent. So cereal companies are advertising cereal as a cheap option for dinner. Hey, if you're broke, just eat a bowl of our cereal for dinner.

Actually, less than 3% are doing that.

The share of 401(k) participants taking hardship withdrawals from their accounts rose to 2.4% last year, up from 1.9% in 2021, according to financial services firm Fidelity. That represents the highest share of hardship withdrawals recorded at Fidelity, which noted the share typically ranges from 2% to 2.3% annually.

Nothing new. In 2019 78% of people were doing so.

That, and smoking cigarettes, are why I don't feel sorry for too many Americans who say they can't save any money. If you can pay $8 a day for smokes, you can't be that poor. That's $3000 a year you should be saving.

And this is why food stores won't lower prices. Why should they when we keep buying?

One company is lowering their prices. General Mills. Cereal. During the lockdown everyone was eating cereal and they jacked up the price. Now everyone is sick of cereal and the company is freaking out. They have to lower their prices but companies hate doing that.

Here is something sad though I heard the other day. Cereal companies know that people are struggling because landlords jacked up rent. So cereal companies are advertising cereal as a cheap option for dinner. Hey, if you're broke, just eat a bowl of our cereal for dinner.

To be honest I have never understood who decided some foods are just for breakfast.

Literally half of all Americans have no retirement savings at all. Those are the people who have been ravaged by Joe Biden's economy. Claims by the left that things are great are falling on deaf ears. Things aren't great when your paycheck doesn't cover your bills and your bills keep going up. That's the reality of the economy that Joe Biden has given us.

Forum List

Back