🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I cannot stand idly by any longer

What you're suggesting is to MAKE the people abide your narrow political ideology without compact, without consent, and without constitution. To force them, violently, to abide your beliefs......with no vote.

Who said anything about violence? Where did I say anything about violence other than what was mentioned at this rally?

I don't know what to think anymore.

My honest opinion is this country is beyond saving. This violence between both sides only solidifies that belief. Tolerance is gone. Acceptance is taboo. I suddenly wish I had never gotten involved in this process at all. But yet, here I am, insisting on fighting an impossible fight.

See you folks later.

Last edited:
You can’t decry those Dems who call to add justices to the court without looking back at what Mitch McConnell set in place when he denied a hearing to Garland. He set a precedent. So, because he could...should he have?

No. Because one, in my opinion, is entirely different than the other. Packing the court is an attempt to silence one side, not give equal voice to it. Blocking a nominee does not fall within those bounds. It is a legitimate act of the Senate like you and Skylar said.

The idea that our court has to interpret our laws based on our political whims is sad. That's not what it was designed for, but both parties are doing exactly that. Impartiality used to be a thing. But from what I see, Coyote, impartiality has become an ineffective tool in a debate. I have watched for years as impartial voices are drowned out by hopeless biases and extremism. I am not reaching anyone by being moderate and impartial.

Where does that leave me, Coyote? I made a concerted effort to be dispassionate, you can easily see that from my previous posts on this board throughout the past few years. It's getting to a point where I have gotten too far involved in this fight and I must engage in tactics that I see are most advantageous to me, tactics that get people's attention. I have essentially given up on impartiality. There is not one impartial soul in this world. Not even mine. Not me, not you, not Skylar, not any of the billions of souls on this earth are capable of being absolutely impartial.

I can't sit this one out as much as I would like to. I didn't want to pick a side, I didn't want to fight, but now I feel as if I must.

I dont think anyone is truly impartial. I think the best we can do is try to see both sides of an issue and try avoid dehumanizing “the other”.

On the courts, I disagree. Denying a president his right to fill a vacancy (not over a particular nominee, but to ever fill it) in order to save it for partisan purposes IS silencing one side.

I don't know what to think anymore.

My honest opinion is this country is beyond saving. This violence between both sides only solidifies that belief. Tolerance is gone. Acceptance is taboo. I suddenly wish I had never gotten involved in this process at all. But yet, here I am, insisting on fighting an impossible fight.

See you folks later.

Honestly, TK, you aren’t alone and I don’t know what to say except our country been through worse (Civil War) and emerged scarred but whole.

I dont think anyone is truly impartial. I think the best we can do is try to see both sides of an issue and try avoid dehumanizing “the other”.

And how well are we at practicing this type of avoidance?

It is very hard given the constant bombardment of disinformation from a 24hr unaccountable social media.

I find it easier to remember we are all human beings then I do seeing both sides these days.

I find it easier to remember we are all human beings then I do seeing both sides these days.

Is it wrong of me to insist that we do both?
Not at all.

I had an interesting debate once, with Alan, a long ago member. We agreed to debate opposite of an issue (opposite from our normal positions). It gave me some insight as to how the other side felt, and some appreciation.

I find it easier to remember we are all human beings than I do seeing both sides these days.

Not at all.

I had an interesting debate once, with Alan, a long-ago member. We agreed to debate the opposite of an issue (opposite from our normal positions). It gave me some insight as to how the other side felt, and some appreciation.

Intriguing. I thought that was what I was doing for a time. Until now. Until this country decided it would tear itself apart, all in the span of four years.

This violence in particular was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I tried not to get involved in the judgment game. Guess I failed.

I find it easier to remember we are all human beings than I do seeing both sides these days.

Not at all.

I had an interesting debate once, with Alan, a long-ago member. We agreed to debate the opposite of an issue (opposite from our normal positions). It gave me some insight as to how the other side felt, and some appreciation.

Intriguing. I thought that was what I was doing for a time. Until now. Until this country decided it would tear itself apart, all in the span of four years.

This violence in particular was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I tried not to get involved in the judgment game. Guess I failed.

Hey, we are all human. We are thinking feeling creatures. I sure as get judgmental at times. I think the violence is reflective of the instability in our politics and world right now, complicated by a pandemic and the economic carnage it has caused. I also tend to blame a lot on social media as well which seems lawless and unaccountable.

Forum List

Back