I Decree

IlarMeilyr

Liability Reincarnate!
Feb 18, 2013
undisclosed bunker
I Decree that 2014 generally sucked.

Mercifully, even bad years eventually come to an end. So too, 2014 is drawing to a close.

Accordingly, with high hopes that it may get good again someday, I applaud the passing of 2014 and wish -- for one and all -- a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Furthermore, to assess prosperity, I decree further that we should avoid using the Administration's phonied-up economic numbers. When we discuss "unemployment" for example, we should use numbers that show not just those who are looking for jobs but can't get work, but also those who have even given up looking. All past numbers should be adjusted to reflect this true nature of unemployment rates so we can have a coherent discussion about the comparisons between liberal-led periods and the slightly less liberal-led periods.

And may Al Sharpton gain a pound and get a non-joke haircut.

Mercifully, even bad years eventually come to an end. So too, 2014 is drawing to a close.

Accordingly, with high hopes that it may get good again someday, I applaud the passing of 2014 and wish -- for one and all -- a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Furthermore, to assess prosperity, I decree further that we should avoid using the Administration's phonied-up economic numbers. When we discuss "unemployment" for example, we should use numbers that show not just those who are looking for jobs but can't get work, but also those who have even given up looking. All past numbers should be adjusted to reflect this true nature of unemployment rates so we can have a coherent discussion about the comparisons between liberal-led periods and the slightly less liberal-led periods.

We should also include all of those folks who are miserably under-employed. We may even want to add all of those would-be workers who will soon be displaced by the "legalized" illegals.

It helps of you do some actual research on the topic before you create the OP!

How the Government Measures Unemployment

Labor Force Characteristics CPS

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

upload_2014-12-29_11-56-39.png

Amazing what you can find on the interwebs if you just take the time to look.

View attachment 35410

Ah, please stop being such an ineffectual troll.

When the Obumbler Administration's toadies (i.e., the Lame Stream Media) trumpets lowering unemployment figures, they don't cite the U6 and we all know it.

View attachment 35410

When the Obumbler Administration's toadies (i.e., the Lame Stream Media) trumpets lowering unemployment figures, they don't cite the U6 and we all know it.

Please list all of the Republican administrations that cited U6 in the past...

View attachment 35410

Ah. You finally catch on! Perhaps this is why I suggested that we make the use of it uniform for purposes of comparison. Yes. I think it was.

The Obumbler Admin's numbers are bullshit, but saying so doesn't excuse other Administrations from foisting off such bullshit, too. The difference is, their Administrations are not presently in power.

Threads by angry misfits are always amusing. Angry at others, angry at the world, angry, angry, angry...

thank you

:clap2:

Threads by angry misfits are always amusing. Angry at others, angry at the world, angry, angry, angry...

thank you

I HAD noticed an uptick in your volume of posting.

I didn't realize you were SOOOO driven by anger, however.

View attachment 35410

Ah. You finally catch on! Perhaps this is why I suggested that we make the use of it uniform for purposes of comparison. Yes. I think it was.

The Obumbler Admin's numbers are bullshit, but saying so doesn't excuse other Administrations from foisting off such bullshit, too. The difference is, their Administrations are not presently in power.

Had you demanded this under a prior administration you might have some credibility on the topic but since you didn't this reeks of yet another blunt object.

FYI the DoL has been producing the U6 since 1967. It is actually lower now that it was under the Bush sr recession.

upload_2014-12-29_12-44-35.png

thank you

really? still mistaken in most of your assumptions? It's sweet of you to remind me that some things nver change

thank you

really? still mistaken in most of your assumptions? It's sweet of you to remind me that some things nver change

Ilar is very considerate in that regard! ;)

thank you

Really? Still yipping like a wet little bitch?

Come on. You used to have a little spunk. Not much in the way of posting skills. But a little spunk.

Try harder. As a tribute to the outgoing year. Try to post something worthy of your unduly swollen ego.

View attachment 35410

Had you demanded this under a prior administration you might have some credibility on the topic but since you didn't this reeks of yet another blunt object.

FYI the DoL has been producing the U6 since 1967. It is actually lower now that it was under the Bush sr recession.

View attachment 35416

I see you excuse it in THIS laughable Administration.

But you WERE prompt to demand that I needed to have made the same demands of other Admins. Even though I clearly had IN the very post that has you sniveling, now.

On that other important point: the day may yet come when I care what you consider "credibility."

That day has not yet arrived, however.

Meanwhile, the simpering whining braying noises from desi te not withstanding, the FACT remains that the clearly biased handmaiden liberal media breathlessly reports the Administration's "unemployment" figures as though they had any particular meaning.

They really don't.

thank you

Come on. You used to have a little spunk. Not much in the way of posting skills. But a little spunk.

Try harder. As a tribute to the outgoing year. Try to post something worthy of your unduly swollen ego.

cum new years maybe we will you silly old queen

thank you

cum new years maybe we will you silly old queen

I was addressing one idiot: Dainty. Then Dainty replies with "we."

Is it admitting to having a pet sock?

Is it admitting that it has a problem with multiple personalities? (Each one plodding, dull-witted and boring as hell.)

Or is it so delusional that it speaks in the "royal we" style as though it was somehow a creature of any importance?

And to cap it off, the poor beuddled tool calls me a "queen" as if a gay slur is the height of its ability to engage in witty repartee. Which, possibly, it is.

Oh well. Better luck next year, Dainty.

I see you excuse it in THIS laughable Administration.

BZZZT Wrong!

Check the thread. I was the one who provided you with both the link and the U6 figures for this administration. Why would I even do that if I was trying to "excuse it"?

Your failure to do your homework is making you defensive. Credibility is the only valid currency in any message board. If you value your credibility you admit when you are wrong and give credit where it is due when you learn something that you didn't know before it was brought to your attention.

As one of the first posters that I ever encountered when I joined you have demonstrated that you do value your own credibility. That you cannot admit to not knowing something is what you need to work on in my opinion because you are one of the posters who are actually worth debating in this forum.

Meanwhile, the simpering whining braying noises from desi te not withstanding, the FACT remains that the clearly biased handmaiden liberal media breathlessly reports the Administration's "unemployment" figures as though they had any particular meaning.

They really don't.

So having failed to achieve the goal of your OP because the U6 data has been around since 1967 you are switching targets to bash the media instead? If you look carefully you will discover that while the superficial media only report the single statistic the media pundits will drill down into the underlying U6 numbers and discuss their merits since they give a better indication of the true strength of the economy.

Now you may believe that a pissing contest is going to make you the "winner" in this thread but it won't. You started the OP based upon a fallacy and that has been exposed by the actual factual data. If you really want to deflect to the media and derail your own thread that is entirely up to you.

Forum List

Back