I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

The sad truth is that most racism practiced today is not coming from white people but is directed AT them. Sorry you refuse to see that.
What I see is institutional racism, which sanctions unequal education, ....

How so?
Major cities with large minority populations have always had to fight the state to try to get adequate funding for their schools. There is a major difference in what states allot to suburban and country schools and what they give inner city schools per child. Therefore, the inner city schools are always having to cut back on programs and lay off teachers. I've watched this personally in Philly. And I have a friend who worked in the Harrisburg legislature.

I have a friend who is in real estate who tells lots of stories of black people who went to buy a house and were denied, saying it was already sold. Then the next day she would see the house being shown to a white couple. Some folks are denied simply because of their skin color. And the real estate world has long been notorious for discriminating, even though there are now laws on the books forbidding it. It still happens.

Black people often have more trouble getting a bank to loan them money, even if their credit is good.

Because the major institutions, like banks, and the government are run by whites, (not denying there may be a small number of black "tokens" allowed in), they are free to deny funding, write and change laws and put up roadblocks to success anywhere they decide to. Individual acts of racism usually effect another individual or a small group. Institutional racism effects us all.

As if many Jews, Asians, and White Catholics don't have roots that went back to poverty ridden inner-city neighborhoods?
I believe the experiences of African Americans are unique. I don't know of any other group who were legally listed as property along with the cattle and branded as 3/5 human and were lynched by the thousands even after they were supposedly freed. The psychological scars passed down through the years, I believe, are theirs alone.

How so?
Major cities with large minority populations have always had to fight the state to try to get adequate funding for their schools. There is a major difference in what states allot to suburban and country schools and what they give inner city schools per child. Therefore, the inner city schools are always having to cut back on programs and lay off teachers. I've watched this personally in Philly. And I have a friend who worked in the Harrisburg legislature.

I have a friend who is in real estate who tells lots of stories of black people who went to buy a house and were denied, saying it was already sold. Then the next day she would see the house being shown to a white couple. Some folks are denied simply because of their skin color. And the real estate world has long been notorious for discriminating, even though there are now laws on the books forbidding it. It still happens.

Black people often have more trouble getting a bank to loan them money, even if their credit is good.

Because the major institutions, like banks, and the government are run by whites, (not denying there may be a small number of black "tokens" allowed in), they are free to deny funding, write and change laws and put up roadblocks to success anywhere they decide to. Individual acts of racism usually effect another individual or a small group. Institutional racism effects us all.

As if many Jews, Asians, and White Catholics don't have roots that went back to poverty ridden inner-city neighborhoods?
I believe the experiences of African Americans are unique. I don't know of any other group who were legally listed as property along with the cattle and branded as 3/5 human and were lynched by the thousands even after they were supposedly freed. The psychological scars passed down through the years, I believe, are theirs alone.

Contrary to your Liberal opinions, Blacks who were "Oppressed" longer tended to fare better in the long term.
Probably because the White man helped them in the long run.

If you don't deny it?
Why is it is New-World Blacks live better than those Blacks in Africa?
Except for Haiti sometimes, which Haiti were the only Blacks in the New-World to free themselves.

I mean Ethiopia, and Liberia weren't really colonized, and they're even poor, and backwards by African standards, meanwhile South Africa the longest colonized Blacks tend to be some of the richest of Africa.

White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. .

It certainly wasn't very covert, when I was growing up as a Millennial here in Putnam County, New York.

I had a Black Jamaican friend in middle school, and when I was with him he was attacked by an Italian guy, and it was for no reason, but a Black guy went into his neighborhood, because he didn't speak to him, or even know him, but just started attacking him.

Another time I was with him, and some Italian skater kids, called him a "Sh*t skin" before shooting off fireworks at him.

But, he (The Jamaican kid) really ended up being a piece of sh*t, he ended up stabbing another Black kid, went to jail, got out and went back for raping a White girl.

Yawn. This is the problem with you millennials you don't know things and you always want to argue like you are sages.

How come you can't tell us what discrimination you've experienced in person for being Black?

I don't think it's common today, because not only do many Whites fear attacking Blacks, due to hate crimes, lawsuits, and feral attacks in response.

But, because the majority of Blacks live in Liberal areas, surrounded by Blacks, and Liberal Whites.

Because I don't have to prove to you that I have been discriminated against when you read the crap posted in paces like this.

You don't think, that's your problem. I live in a rather small conservative town where the police stop blacks at 7 times the rate they do for whites claiming they are looking for drugs. The national rate is blacks get stopped 4 times mote than whites by police who claim to be looking for drugs. The national rate of drug use between backs and whites is the same. SO I don't have to answer your dumb ass questions when these facts sit in your face.

Oh really?
Because Blacks were shown to be pulled over at a similar rate as Whites, however Blacks were more likely to be searched.

While it's true that Blacks go to jail more for drugs than Whites.
Use does not equate selling.
Do you have evidence that Blacks don't sell drugs more than Whites?

Also, there tends to be more Police in Black neighborhoods due to the fact that they are more dangerous.
They probably end up picking up more Black drug users because of that.
In response to you saying blacks are more dangerous: From the book, "The New Jim Crow." by Michelle Alexander - "It is impossible to overstate the significance of race in defining the basic structure of American Society. The structure and content of the original Constitution was based largely on the effort to preserve a racial caste system - slavery - while at the same time affording political and economic rights to whites, especially propertied whites. Under the terms of our country's founding document, slaves were defined as three-fifths of a man, not a real, whole human being. Upon this racist fiction rests the entire structure of American democracy."

Later in the book she explains how the War on Drugs changed community policing into military policing, and that the prison population has grown due to changes in laws and policies, not changes in crime rates. She tells stories about the brutal treatment of minorities. "In every state across our nation, African Americans, particularly in the poorest neighborhoods - are subjected to tactics and practices that would result in public outrage and scandal if committed in middle-class white neighborhoods.

"Although the majority of illegal drug users and dealers nationwide are white, 3/4 of all people imprisoned for drug offenses have been black or Latino. There is, of course, an official explanation for this: crime rates. This explanation has tremendous appeal - before you know the facts - for it is consistent with, and reinforces, dominant racial narratives about crime and criminality dating back to slavery. The truth, however, is that rates and patterns of drug crime do not explain the glaring racial disparities in our criminal justice system. People of all races use and sell illegal drugs at remarkably similar rates. Any notion that drug use among blacks is more severe or dangerous is belied by the data: white youth have about three times the number of drug-related emergency room visits as their African American counterparts."

This is an eye-opening book, if you have the time and desire to read it's 261 pages.

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.

The sad truth is that most racism practiced today is not coming from white people but is directed AT them. Sorry you refuse to see that.

How so?

That is why I am for charter schools, time to let people decide where they want to send their children to school.

There are laws against housing discrimination did your friend report what was happening to the authorities? The Fair Housing and Fair Credit Act make it a crime to discriminate against those wanting to buy or rent housing. It is also against the law to deny credit if the person meets the criteria. Your real estate friend should be ashamed of themselves for not standing up and reporting it.

A prerequisite for being a useful fool for bloody communist fantasy is the inability to see people as individuals. A clear sign that someone is not an American.

Most of those who came to America came from strongly Individualist countries like Britain, Ireland, and quite strongly Individualist countries like Germany, and Italy.... Then there's the added fact that many of those came as "Frontiers peoples" who wanted to live freely as "Individuals" in rural America away from authority, and that the U.S then from there on attracted many more "Individualist types"

I'm in fact an American, but because of my South-Eastern Polish roots, from near the border of Collectivist Ukraine,I'm simply more Collectivist than the average America.

It's a matter of biology.
Many black people were "brought" here. They did not want to come. And those who brought them decided that because of their biology, they were inferior and deserved to be treated as such.
How many black people do you know who have been "brought" here against their will. If you know some, please report them to your local authorities because enslavement is against the law and should be dealt with.
You realize, of course, exactly what I was referring to. My husband often remarks that the folks like you mention, who came here for freedom and a better life, always have a home country to go back to if they want to and probably relatives who would welcome them. He and other blacks like him, however, have little or no idea which part of Africa his ancestors were taken from and would be totally at a loss trying to find a place in Africa he could call home and return to.

I have no idea what my ancestry is or where I came from, I suppose I could get a DNA test, but the only country I know as home is the US. So I guess your statement is confusing to me.

Major cities with large minority populations have always had to fight the state to try to get adequate funding for their schools. There is a major difference in what states allot [sic] to suburban and country schools and what they give inner city schools per child. ....

You've got it wrong. Inner city schools get, if anything, more state and federal funding. Often very large grants for targeted programs. Wealthy suburbs have more money to work with because local funding generally comes from property taxes - which are obviously higher on more valuable property.

Most inner city schools could sure use more money, but money alone has never solved a school's problems.

It certainly wasn't very covert, when I was growing up as a Millennial here in Putnam County, New York.

I had a Black Jamaican friend in middle school, and when I was with him he was attacked by an Italian guy, and it was for no reason, but a Black guy went into his neighborhood, because he didn't speak to him, or even know him, but just started attacking him.

Another time I was with him, and some Italian skater kids, called him a "Sh*t skin" before shooting off fireworks at him.

But, he (The Jamaican kid) really ended up being a piece of sh*t, he ended up stabbing another Black kid, went to jail, got out and went back for raping a White girl.

Yawn. This is the problem with you millennials you don't know things and you always want to argue like you are sages.

How come you can't tell us what discrimination you've experienced in person for being Black?

I don't think it's common today, because not only do many Whites fear attacking Blacks, due to hate crimes, lawsuits, and feral attacks in response.

But, because the majority of Blacks live in Liberal areas, surrounded by Blacks, and Liberal Whites.

Because I don't have to prove to you that I have been discriminated against when you read the crap posted in paces like this.

You don't think, that's your problem. I live in a rather small conservative town where the police stop blacks at 7 times the rate they do for whites claiming they are looking for drugs. The national rate is blacks get stopped 4 times mote than whites by police who claim to be looking for drugs. The national rate of drug use between backs and whites is the same. SO I don't have to answer your dumb ass questions when these facts sit in your face.

Oh really?
Because Blacks were shown to be pulled over at a similar rate as Whites, however Blacks were more likely to be searched.

Also, there tends to be more Police in Black neighborhoods due to the fact that they are more dangerous.
In response to you saying blacks are more dangerous: From the book, "The New Jim Crow." by Michelle Alexander - "It is impossible to overstate the significance of race in defining the basic structure of American Society. The structure and content of the original Constitution was based largely on the effort to preserve a racial caste system - slavery - while at the same time affording political and economic rights to whites, especially propertied whites. Under the terms of our country's founding document, slaves were defined as three-fifths of a man, not a real, whole human being. Upon this racist fiction rests the entire structure of American democracy."

Later in the book she explains how the War on Drugs changed community policing into military policing, and that the prison population has grown due to changes in laws and policies, not changes in crime rates. She tells stories about the brutal treatment of minorities. "In every state across our nation, African Americans, particularly in the poorest neighborhoods - are subjected to tactics and practices that would result in public outrage and scandal if committed in middle-class white neighborhoods.

"Although the majority of illegal drug users and dealers nationwide are white, 3/4 of all people imprisoned for drug offenses have been black or Latino. There is, of course, an official explanation for this: crime rates. This explanation has tremendous appeal - before you know the facts - for it is consistent with, and reinforces, dominant racial narratives about crime and criminality dating back to slavery. The truth, however, is that rates and patterns of drug crime do not explain the glaring racial disparities in our criminal justice system. People of all races use and sell illegal drugs at remarkably similar rates. Any notion that drug use among blacks is more severe or dangerous is belied by the data: white youth have about three times the number of drug-related emergency room visits as their African American counterparts."

This is an eye-opening book, if you have the time and desire to read it's 261 pages.

The murder rate of African Americans is similar to that of Mexico.
What do you mean African Americans aren't more dangerous?
Even the high income, low poverty rate, Black dominated county, called Prince George's County, Maryland, has a high murder rate.

Because Blacks are more criminal, they warrant more police presence in their neighborhoods, and thus are more likely to get busted for drugs.

Major cities with large minority populations have always had to fight the state to try to get adequate funding for their schools. There is a major difference in what states allot [sic] to suburban and country schools and what they give inner city schools per child. ....

You've got it wrong. Inner city schools get, if anything, more state and federal funding. Often very large grants for targeted programs. Wealthy suburbs have more money to work with because local funding generally comes from property taxes - which are obviously higher on more valuable property.

Most inner city schools could sure use more money, but money alone has never solved a school's problems.

Having good students is obviously the most important factor, judging by the fact that Blacks coming from families making over $200,000 have almost identical SAT scores as Whites coming from families making under $20,000.

satracialgapfigure.gif

---- Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Michael Medved - Six inconvenient truths about the U.S. and slavery

Moreover, white slavery isn't even mentioned in the public discourse. But facts are that the vast majority of slaves in human history have been white. Between one-half and two-thirds of white immigrants to the American colonies between the 1630s and American Revolution were consigned to slavery--some forcibly, whereas others had to underwrite a slave contract to avoid starvation (cf. Wikipedia).

The majority of white Americans are descended from slaves. They don't like to hear that. However, Blacks like to hear about their slave heritage, because then they can put blame for their own woeful plight on the white slave descendants.

M. Winther

In this case more money would go a long way to equalize things. And school; funding formulas maybe should be determined by something else besides property taxes. Maybe every school; gets he same amount of money? After all they are all required to meet the same standards and judged n the same standards.

---- Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Michael Medved - Six inconvenient truths about the U.S. and slavery

Moreover, white slavery isn't even mentioned in the public discourse. But facts are that the vast majority of slaves in human history have been white. Between one-half and two-thirds of white immigrants to the American colonies between the 1630s and American Revolution were consigned to slavery--some forcibly, whereas others had to underwrite a slave contract to avoid starvation (cf. Wikipedia).

The majority of white Americans are descended from slaves. They don't like to hear that. However, Blacks like to hear about their slave heritage, because then they can put blame for their own woeful plight on the white slave descendants.

M. Winther

Incorrect.

Having good students is obviously the most important factor, judging by the fact that Blacks coming from families making over $200,000 have almost identical SAT scores as Whites coming from families making under $20,000.

satracialgapfigure.gif
SAT scores don't mean anything.

How so?

Contrary to your Liberal opinions, Blacks who were "Oppressed" longer tended to fare better in the long term.
Probably because the White man helped them in the long run.

If you don't deny it?
Why is it is New-World Blacks live better than those Blacks in Africa?
Except for Haiti sometimes, which Haiti were the only Blacks in the New-World to free themselves.

I mean Ethiopia, and Liberia weren't really colonized, and they're even poor, and backwards by African standards, meanwhile South Africa the longest colonized Blacks tend to be some of the richest of Africa.

This is pure ignorance.

White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. .

Oh really?

The information speak on is based on a longitudinal study that has been done for over a decade.

You speak only from a position of racist white ignorance.

Given that whites control the shipping and distribution of drugs, then your argument fails right there.

You apparently do not study the information that is recorded in the UCR.

Well since I don't live in Africa and Arabs are not responsible for what happened here, you get a

th

About 3% of White Americans in 1860, were slave owners.

That means close to 97% of White Americans back then didn't own slaves.

But, since 1860, many Irish, Germans, Italians, Poles, and Jews etc. saturated White America too.

So, what makes you so sure that so many Whitey's owe you?

And 100 percent of the government was white and they made the laws.

This is not just about slavery.

This is about the time from 1618 until at least 1965. There was a 100 year period after slavery. Can you explain what happened during this time?

And since the various governments made those laws to, then we are owed for that because of the damages those laws caused.

That's what makes me s sure.

What you are trying to argue is not even close to what I'm talking about.

Wasn't the first recorded American slave owner Anthony Johnson a Black man?

I guess slavery was "Cool" to Blacks, so long as they profited.

Keep in mind African Americans also went to Liberia to enslave Africans, too.
No, African Americans did not go to Liberia to enslave Africans.

What evidence do you have that African Americans didn't enslave Africans in Liberia?

The history of Liberia.

In this case more money would go a long way to equalize things. And school; funding formulas maybe should be determined by something else besides property taxes. Maybe every school; gets he same amount of money? After all they are all required to meet the same standards and judged n the same standards.

Not gonna happen, comrade.

satracialgapfigure.gif
SAT scores don't mean anything.

Are the two of you comfortable down there at rock bottom?

Forum List

Back