I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.

The sad truth is that most racism practiced today is not coming from white people but is directed AT them. Sorry you refuse to see that.
What I see is institutional racism, which sanctions unequal education, unequal opportunities and is always trying to keep certain people down. We tend to focus on isolated incidents that are splashed all over the internet instead of focusing on the larger issues of oppression which are still plaguing certain communities.

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.

The sad truth is that most racism practiced today is not coming from white people but is directed AT them. Sorry you refuse to see that.
What I see is institutional racism, which sanctions unequal education, ....

How so?

Most racism is not directed at white people. White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. These forums are examples of that attitude. While you guys want to talk about how racism doesn't exist you come here and post volumes of racist drivel. Now when you go into your professions you bring the same attitudes you have here because that's who you are. So then when you are caught up and someone of color blasts you for your racism you whine about how whites are getting racism directed to them. No, that's not how it works. Quit practicing racism, you won't find people mad at you for doing it.

....White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. .... While you guys want to talk about how racism doesn't exist you come here and post volumes of racist drivel......

:lol:

... Now when you go into your professions you bring the same attitudes you have here because that's who you are. .....

Who? Which professions, racist?

Name one. That's what institutional or systemic racism is all about idiot.

You calling me a racist is not going to stop me from saying what I say. I know I haven't made a racist comment. I know that you are a dumb ass that if you see the word white and if it's not someone white saying it you call it racist.

What I see is institutional racism, which sanctions unequal education, ....

How so?
The use of a powerfull mind depletion ray saps their ability to learn.

Most racism is not directed at white people. White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. These forums are examples of that attitude. While you guys want to talk about how racism doesn't exist you come here and post volumes of racist drivel. Now when you go into your professions you bring the same attitudes you have here because that's who you are. So then when you are caught up and someone of color blasts you for your racism you whine about how whites are getting racism directed to them. No, that's not how it works. Quit practicing racism, you won't find people mad at you for doing it.

Most certainly prejudices are mostly directed at some Whites today, particularly Poles, Italians, French, and Southern Whites.

- Poles were bashed on TV as dumb Polaks for decades, and now lots of media outlets call Nazi German concentration camps as "Polish Death Camps" as if Poles created them, even though Polish Catholics were the first victims of Auschwitz.
There's been some anti-Polish films, or TV shows too, such include Borat the doof speaking Polish phrases, the Big Lebowski depicting Poles as doofs, Stanley Kowalski on Streetcar named Desire depicting a Pole as a oaf, or Hot in Cleveland depicting fighting scenes of Poles, or the insane family on Malcom in the Middle admitting to being Polish.
Even the bum on Taxi was called a Polish name Ignatowski.

- Italians have a bunch of anti-Italian Mafia themed TV shows, and in Hollywood films against them, most notable being the Sopranos, The Godfather, or Goodfellas, then there's the anti-Italian TV-show MTV's Jersey Shore.
On the Simpsons, and Family Guy, among other TV shows they make fun of Italians.
Then you even have some ads make fun of Italians, like fat ugly Italian women who can hardly speak English, selling Tomato sauce, or Pizza, or something similar.

- Southern Whites also have some Hollywood films against them like Deliverance, Django Unchained, not to mention many horror films have Southern themes, and then some TV shows make fun of Southern Whites.

- French, also are sometimes bashed in TV shows, or in movies, typically as rude, or for surrendering, and W Bush went so far to be a President with a silly tiff with the French.

Most certainly prejudices are mostly directed at some Whites today, particularly Poles, Italians, French, and Southern Whites.

- Poles were bashed on TV as dumb Polaks for decades, and now lots of media outlets call Nazi German concentration camps as "Polish Death Camps" as if Poles created them, even though Polish Catholics were the first victims of Auschwitz.
There's been some anti-Polish films, or TV shows too, such include Borat the doof speaking Polish phrases, the Big Lebowski depicting Poles as doofs, Stanley Kowalski on Streetcar named Desire depicting a Pole as a oaf, or Hot in Cleveland depicting fighting scenes of Poles, or the insane family on Malcom in the Middle admitting to being Polish.

- Italians have a bunch of anti-Italian Mafia themed TV shows, and in Hollywood films against them, most notable being the Sopranos, The Godfather, or Goodfellas, then there's the anti-Italian TV-show MTV's Jersey Shore.
On the Simpsons, and Family Guy, among other TV shows they make fun of Italians.
Then you even have some ads make fun of Italians, like fat ugly Italian women who can hardly speak English, selling Tomato sauce, or Pizza, or something similar.

- Southern Whites also have some Hollywood films against them like Deliverance, Django Unchained, not to mention many horror films have Southern themes, and then some TV shows make fun of Southern Whites.

- French, also are sometimes bashed in TV shows, or in movies, typically as rude, or for surrendering, and W Bush went so far to be a President with a silly tiff with the French.

Yawn! We are talking about racism not prejudice. And these prejudices you have pointed out are done by other whites. Django unchained showed no prejudice against whites. That how things were. Those anti Italian shows are written and produced by Italians. Lots of media outlets aren't calling German concentration camps anything but German concentration camps.

Thee is no equivalence here between what you have shown and what non whites have taken as result of racism.

So like I said, most racism is not directed at whites today.

White people are still practicing racism in a covert manner. .

It certainly wasn't very covert, when I was growing up as a Millennial here in Putnam County, New York.

I had a Black Jamaican friend in middle school, and when I was with him he was attacked by an Italian guy, and it was for no reason, but a Black guy went into his neighborhood, because he didn't speak to him, or even know him, but just started attacking him.

Another time I was with him, and some Italian skater kids, called him a "Sh*t skin" before shooting off fireworks at him.

But, he (The Jamaican kid) really ended up being a piece of sh*t, he ended up stabbing another Black kid, went to jail, got out and went back for raping a White girl.

It certainly wasn't very covert, when I was growing up as a Millennial here in Putnam County, New York.

I had a Black Jamaican friend in middle school, and when I was with him he was attacked by an Italian guy, and it was for no reason, but a Black guy went into his neighborhood, because he didn't speak to him, or even know him, but just started attacking him.

Another time I was with him, and some Italian skater kids, called him a "Sh*t skin" before shooting off fireworks at him.

But, he (The Jamaican kid) really ended up being a piece of sh*t, he ended up stabbing another Black kid, went to jail, got out and went back for raping a White girl.

Yawn. This is the problem with you millennials you don't know things and you always want to argue like you are sages.

Yawn. This is the problem with you millennials you don't know things and you always want to argue like you are sages.

Yawn! We are talking about racism not prejudice. And these prejudices you have pointed out are done by other whites. Django unchained showed no prejudice against whites. That how things were. Those anti Italian shows are written and produced by Italians. Lots of media outlets aren't calling German concentration camps anything but German concentration camps.

Thee is no equivalence here between what you have shown and what non whites have taken as result of racism.

So like I said, most racism is not directed at whites today.

So, prejudiced bullying between races is somehow worse, than prejudiced bullying within races?

Yeah, produced by self-hating Italians in it for money.

How come you can't tell us what discrimination you've experienced in person for being Black?

I don't think it's common today, because not only do many Whites fear attacking Blacks, due to hate crimes, lawsuits, and feral attacks in response.

But, because the majority of Blacks live in Liberal areas, surrounded by Blacks, and Liberal Whites.

How come you can't tell us what discrimination you've experienced in person for being Black?

I don't think it's common today, because not only do many Whites fear attacking Blacks, due to hate crimes, lawsuits, and feral attacks in response.

But, because the majority of Blacks live in Liberal areas, surrounded by Blacks, and Liberal Whites.

Because I don't have to prove to you that I have been discriminated against when you read the crap posted in paces like this.

You don't think, that's your problem. I live in a rather small conservative town where the police stop blacks at 7 times the rate they do for whites claiming they are looking for drugs. The national rate is blacks get stopped 4 times mote than whites by police who claim to be looking for drugs. The national rate of drug use between backs and whites is the same. SO I don't have to answer your dumb ass questions when these facts sit in your face.

You calling me a racist is not going to stop me from saying what I say. ....

Say what you want, racist. All the better the more you reveal yourself.

You are becoming really boring. I am no racist and you can't show any racism.

As I said, everyone can read your posts and make that call for themselves.

Well right now only you and a few white racists seem to have that impression.

Forum List

Back