I do not like executive orders

Not a single word in the ACA has been modified.

EOs don't count?

Did they change the wording in the ACA?

ACA has the statute that allows president to make additional, limited changes thru EOs. Therefore every time EO is issued, ACA is changed. That statute provision Barry used to mandate employer coverage of birth control, and Trump used it to allow individual insurance purchases over the state lines.

But I like the content of today's order on healthcare.
What do you like about it?
To be honest that will depend on how the insurance companies respond to it and what becomes available to purchase as a result. I just have a gut feeling that it will help people like me find more options than the one size fits all minimums of Obamacare that are outrageously priced

Get ready for a punch in that gut.

To be honest that will depend on how the insurance companies respond to it and what becomes available to purchase as a result. I just have a gut feeling that it will help people like me find more options than the one size fits all minimums of Obamacare that are outrageously priced

Possibly. If so I'll stay in the co-op. It's not the best option but it beats the hell out of Obamacare

I do not like EO's he said
I do not like them on a bus
I do not like them on a truss
I do not like them written in red
I do not like them on a bed

I do not like EO's at all
But I hate Obamacare most of all.

You forgot the last part:

But I hate Obamacare most of all
...so out the door my principles go.

I'm sure there have been times in your life when tough decisions that you don't like have to be made. If not, get out of your parents basement.

Possibly. If so I'll stay in the co-op. It's not the best option but it beats the hell out of Obamacare

As an older gentleman Obamacare is lowering your premiums - YEA, thats what FAVORABLE to you pooling looks like and if you think carving out younger, healthier people out of it is going to help your cause you need to think again.

As an older gentleman Obamacare is lowering your premiums - YEA, thats what FAVORABLE to you pooling looks like and if you think carving out younger, healthier people out of it is going to help your cause you need to think again.
Clueless

I'm sure there have been times in your life when tough decisions that you don't like have to be made. If not, get out of your parents basement.

There better be some really good (not just gut level) reason to abandon principles, otherwise you are just a hypocrite with a lame excuse.

Clueless

because....what?

CBO was pretty clear that last Republican alternative would INCREASE costs on older people, due to pooling changes, same is happening here.

Clueless

because....what?

CBO was pretty clear that last Republican alternative would INCREASE costs on older people, due to pooling changes, same is happening here.
So?

I didn't see you defending the younger ones when their premiums went up because they were lumped in with the old fucks.

There better be some really good (not just gut level) reason to abandon principles, otherwise you are just a hypocrite with a lame excuse.
I've already admitted to being two faced on this particular EO. Just like you were two faced when the youths premiums went up because of the sick and old but now you're crying about the older ones getting an increase because of the youths that will leave.

Truth be told they were never in it anyway so nothing has changed except.....well, nothing.
Obamacare was going bankrupt before this EO

Clueless

because....what?

So?

I didn't see you defending the younger ones when their premiums went up because they were lumped in with the old fucks.

You didn't see? Do you imagine to see everything?

Yes, younger people pay in more and share in the risk pool - it's the proper arrangement, so long as affordability provisions are there too to help young people with low income.

Clueless

because....what?

So?

Yes, younger people pay in more and share in the risk pool - it's the proper arrangement, so long as affordability provisions are there too to help young people with low income.
Why don't you just send in an extra thousand or two instead of demanding that everyone else support your bleeding heart.

Clueless

because....what?

So?

Why don't you just send in an extra thousand or two instead of demanding that everyone else support your bleeding heart.

...? Where did I demand anyone to support me? I've been supporting myself and a few people just fine.

because....what?

So?

...? Where did I demand anyone to support me? I've been supporting myself and a few people just fine.
It doesn't matter if it's YOU or your neighbor or my neighbor. YOU are demanding I pay more for SOMEONE ELSE'S benefit. That's not how a free society works.

because....what?

So?

It doesn't matter if it's YOU or your neighbor or my neighbor. YOU are demanding I pay more for SOMEONE ELSE'S benefit. That's not how a free society works.

Are you aware what insurance actually is?

It is where everyone pays in share of risk pool's expenses on THOSE THAT NEED IT.

Forum List

Back