I do not like executive orders

It makes it better because it removes it as a requirement. Why should I, a healthy person, be forced to pay more because someone else is unhealthy?
Because that's how insurance works. Insurance is there to insure yourself against UNFORESEEN expenses. They calculate a risk and then let the entire pool of people pay a certain amount so that regardless of circumstances everybody is covered. Like I mentioned you as an older person are at a higher risk for health problems. A risk that is covered by healthier people paying in too the plan too. The whole idea that one should only pay for their current health status is fundamentally flawed.
Except Obamacare put everyone in the same pool thus eliminating different risk pools.
After Obamacare went into effect my premiums rose 3 fold. There is no rationale you can offer that will ever get me support that catastrophic disaster.
The reason it rose so dramatically is because not everybody bought into the pool. I do sympathize that you had to pay a lot more but you are now claiming to like an EO that shrinks the pool even further by offering a different one for low risk people. While you are most likely in the pool that will get its premiums even hiked up more. You don't like ACA, I get that, if you have to pay about 3 times the amount I don't blame you. It isn't perfect but it would serve you well to first understand the basic principles that make it flawed before looking for ANYTHING different regardless of it having an actual chance of improving your situation.

the nay-sayers dont want to understand it, they understand one thing, and one thing only ... Obama did it ergo they hate it.

end of story.
Nah if Grampa's premiums rose threefold I get the aversion. It's wrong to claim nobody is worse of under ACA. The question is what's the general effect. More people are insured but some people have to pay significantly more. It's a hard thing to ask people to ignore their own situation for the common good.

To be fair here if one was not subsidized their rates have gone up a lot and this hit the true middle class hard.

the nay-sayers dont want to understand it, they understand one thing, and one thing only ... Obama did it ergo they hate it.

end of story.
What part of it became ridiculously unaffordable do you not understand?
Trying to "understand" the law would have served me as well as trying to understand space flight.

Good grief

premium increases reached 50-60% long before Obama was even elected, so dont feed me your horseshit.
Premium increases were relative to the risk pool you were in. Yes I saw increases but nothing to the effect of the aca.

This argument is pointless and it's why I said I didn't want to relitigate the law again.

risk pool - bla bla bla

risk this sport ...

Rapidly rising health insurance premiums and higher cost-sharing continue to strain the budgets of U.S. working families and employers. Analysis of state trends in private employer-based health insurance from 2003 to 2011 reveals that premiums for family coverage increased 62 percent across states—rising far faster than income for middle- and low-income families. At the same time, deductibles more than doubled in large and small firms. Workers are thus paying more but getting less-protective benefits. If trends continue at their historical rate, the average premium for family coverage will reach nearly $25,000 by 2020. The Affordable Care Act’s reforms should begin to moderate costs while improving coverage. But with private insurance costs projected to increase faster than incomes over the next decade, further efforts are needed. If annual premium growth slowed by one percentage point, by 2020 employers and families would save $2,029 annually for family coverage

just like said, dont feed me your horseshit.
I am self employed genius. Purchasing health insurance outside of a group ALWAYS placed me in a risk pool. Just like my WorkmansComp.

STOP trying to pretend you know everything

The group placed you in a risk pool too.

yes, they can but again - we're far beyond "regulation" and we're well into "laws" and again - once you cross the line and don't put an end to it, people on either side will only push it further than the last president did for no other reason than no one is trying to control this and keep it within the confines of the purpose and office.

When you say law. Are you saying the EO's have criminal or civil penalties for violating them?

noun: law; noun: the law
  1. 1.
    the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

If your opponent repeatedly kicks you in the groin, at some point you have to respond in kind. That's why I like Trump he will join the Dem's in the gutter, pull hair and bite.

Here's an association plan currently operating.

1. Multi-plan Network. We keep hearing about this one, its PHCS docs, but not hospitals (I'm getting confirmation). Same one Aliera uses.
2. Hospital reimbursement is based on Medicare RBRVS (Resource-Based Relative Value Scale). That's not going to work and the providers are going to go after the patients for the rest of the amount
3. RX has a daily limit of $40 for brand name drugs.
4. 1 ER visit per year
5. 1 Urgent Care visit per year

ACA will turn into complete high risk pool and 2 to 4 years association plans will go belly up and you're right back where you started.

If your opponent repeatedly kicks you in the groin, at some point you have to respond in kind. That's why I like Trump he will join the Dem's in the gutter, pull hair and bite.

you like him because he's as stupid and angry bigoted and ignorant as you are.

Awww poor lib, did that make you feel better venting your rage? I predicted the left losing to Trump would be far worse than when they lost to Bush twice, looks like my prediction came true.

Awww poor lib, did that make you feel better venting your rage? I predicted the left losing to Trump would be far worse than when they lost to Bush twice, looks like my prediction came true.
Who's it working out for? So far repubs looking grossly incompetent.

Not Hillary, her comprehensive progressive vision for America was obliterated by our champion president Trump. Good job Trump :eusa_clap:

Issues Archive - The Office of Hillary Rodham Clinton

Not Hillary, her comprehensive progressive vision for America was obliterated by our champion president Trump. Good job Trump :eusa_clap:

Seems to be working out for nobody.

yes, they can but again - we're far beyond "regulation" and we're well into "laws" and again - once you cross the line and don't put an end to it, people on either side will only push it further than the last president did for no other reason than no one is trying to control this and keep it within the confines of the purpose and office.

When you say law. Are you saying the EO's have criminal or civil penalties for violating them?

noun: law; noun: the law
  1. 1.
    the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.
Obama issues 'executive orders by another name'

not going to play "define the word" with you. i just don't get that into the minute details but yes - he is passing EO's and so forth that are "in place of laws" or likely should be going through the legal route to becoming a law. EO's are for procedural things, not gun control and the sort.

you allow these lines to be blurred, it's over. maybe it already is and we're just kicking the shit out of each other while everything we ever built falls apart because we're so busy doing the "define "law"" crap.

actually it's not working out for Donald.... the dothard

Here's an association plan currently operating.

1. Multi-plan Network. We keep hearing about this one, its PHCS docs, but not hospitals (I'm getting confirmation). Same one Aliera uses.
2. Hospital reimbursement is based on Medicare RBRVS (Resource-Based Relative Value Scale). That's not going to work and the providers are going to go after the patients for the rest of the amount
3. RX has a daily limit of $40 for brand name drugs.
4. 1 ER visit per year
5. 1 Urgent Care visit per year

ACA will turn into complete high risk pool and 2 to 4 years association plans will go belly up and you're right back where you started.

which means that the people who need medical insurance won't be able to afford it.

good work!

But I like the content of today's order on healthcare.
I too hate Executive Orders. I warned the commie democrats that Obama was setting a reckless president by issuing a bunch of illegal EOs.

Payback is a motherfucking bitch. Take your pinko medicine, you bunch of goose-stepping Bolsheviks. I hope Trump E.O. universal, nationwide open carry.
:lol:

:dance:

Forum List

Back