I dont get the confederate flag hysteria

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
Muslims murder thousands of americans in the name of Allah and the Koran, but there doesnt seem to be anyone wanting to ban the Koran or Mosques?

If you had thought about it for a couple of minutes you would not have to ask the question.

If you had thought about it for a couple of minutes you would not have to ask the question.

Is it because flying planes into building in the name of Allah is considered cool? Did i get it right?

Muslims murder thousands of americans in the name of Allah and the Koran, but there doesnt seem to be anyone wanting to ban the Koran or Mosques?

In a way you have a point. Dylan Roof didn't slaughter nine people in the name of a flag--- he slaughtered nine people because he's too fucking stupid to see through the bigoted hate bullshit he picked up dumpster-diving on the internet.

You know -- like the rest of your post here with that Muslim malarkey.

Both extremes just want another reason to yell at each other. It's pretty embarrassing as an American watching this ridiculous sillyness

In a way you have a point. Dylan Roof didn't slaughter nine people in the name of a flag--- he slaughtered nine people because he's too fucking stupid to see through the bigoted hate bullshit he picked up dumpster-diving on the internet.

Please!!! Many more people have been murdered in the last 20 years here by people who revere Allah than by those who revere the confederacy. Lets ban both the confederate flag and Mosques!!

In this same way, there HAVE been groups rallying to ban Shariah Law and Mosques
(and people threatening to burn Qurans), including conservative candidates pushing campaigns and legislation as in Tennessee to ban Mosques.

So yes, to answer your question, yes there is that push going on.

The same way the Mosque in NY had every right to expand their center near the 9/11 ground zero site,
but the public rallied to stop this "out of respect" for the association with the attackers and Islam,
in this case people are asking to remove the Confederate flag "out of respect" for the association with
anti-Black racism linked to the KKK in the South. This is not a required interpretation of that symbol,
and neither is there a direct link between the Jihadist terrorists in 9/11 and the Muslim Mosque that
happens to be situated near the historic site of the attacks. It is out of courtesy, that people make those associations that we choose to respect that. But legally, religious freedom and free speech is protected,
and just like the Mohammad cartoon drawing contests, there is no law REQUIRING people to respect
people's personal religious interpretations. It is selective and depends on the people to respect
each other's personal limits on what symbols might mean, even if the law technically does not require that.

In this same way, there HAVE been groups rallying to ban Shariah Law and Mosques
(and people threatening to burn Qurans), including conservative candidates pushing campaigns and legislation as in Tennessee to ban Mosques.

The same way the Mosque in NY had every right to expand their center near the 9/11 ground zero site,
but the public rallied to stop this "out of respect" for the association with the attackers and Islam,
in this case people are asking to remove the Confederate flag "out of respect" for the association with
anti-Black racism linked to the KKK in the South. This is not a required interpretation of that symbol,
and neither is there a direct link between the Jihadist terrorists in 9/11 and the Muslim Mosque that
happens to be situated near the historic site of the attacks. It is out of courtesy, that people make those associations that we choose to respect that. But legally, religious freedom and free speech is protected,
and just like the Mohammad cartoon drawing contests, there is no law REQUIRING people to respect
people's personal religious interpretations. It is selective and depends on the people to respect
each other's personal limits on what symbols might mean, even if the law technically does not require that.

There was no legitimacy to that so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" at all; it was completely dishonest demagoguery floated by partisan hacks. Which is much the same cum hoc fallacy the OP here is trying to float in her own toilet bowl thread.

So there's no "respect" involved in that instance, since there was no such association present in the first place.

Please!!! How many companies have refused to sell Muslim religious symbols out of respect for the thousands of people murdered by Muslims. The guy down the street from me has a confederate flag on his pick up truck, yet he hasnt murdered anyone(or has he???)

Please!!! Many more people have been murdered in the last 20 years here by people who revere Allah than by those who revere the confederacy. Lets ban both the confederate flag and Mosques!!

And you can't tell the difference between a driving motivation of politics and an incidental religious association, so maybe we should just ban ignorance.

I can see the justified hatred towards extremist Islam but I don't agree with the hatred for all Muslims. It's just plain ignorant.
Also, I guess I also have a problem with the attitude towards the Confederate flag. To me, the Confederate flag is a symbol of the growing pains of a nation and have no issue with people wanting to hang on to what to what I view as a heritage of a section of the US.

And you can't tell the difference between a driving motivation of politics and an incidental religious association, so maybe we should just ban ignorance.

Please!!! Is it possible the man who murdered people in SC simply had an incidental association with the confederate flag? I know i am stupid, god knows everyone knows that, but it seems to me that Murder in the name of Allah is becoming more than just incidental.

Forum List

Back