I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

How stupid are you? This is a serious question.

How stupid are you?? You're the one that wants to cut spending on infrastructure and science that make up around 5% of our entire federal budget. Both things are necessary for the success of this nation and add a hell of a lot more to our national success then giving the super rich another tax cut.
You havent answered my question: Just how stupid are you?

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but they warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.

So says the one that wants to defund all entire first world science infrastructure, cut funding for building infrastructure and believe our children shouldn't all be educated.

You have some nerve. I couldn't measure your intelligence on a dogs ass.
You are consistently failing to answer the question of how stupid you are. So I guess I'll have to. Very very very stupid.
WalMart just proposed a pay increase for 500k employees of about 1.50/hr.
Now, you wrote:
No, they're spending some of that money they would of giving to their ceo on their employees. They'd be dumb to raise the cost of things as that would drive down demand.
The pay raise of 1.50hr for 500k employees works out to over $2 billion a year in extra wage expense, and that's just the 1.50 hr the employee gets. It does not count payroll taxes the company must pay. WalMart's CEO, whom you cannot name, earned about $2.2 million dollars last year.
So if WM decided they would pay their CEO one dollar for the entire year they still would not have saved the money they are planning on spending on incresaed salaries.
You dont understand this because you are way fucking stupid, bleating about infrastructure and research in every fucking post like you have a pig's idea what those things even mean.
Is WalMart causing inflation by voluntarily raising wages? Are they wrong for doing so?
I think you know that an increase in wages is not a zero sum undertaking. There isn't a equal and opposite price hike that negates the whole undertaking. How many items are for sale in the average WalMart? Raising the price a few cents across the board is sufficient. They have other areas they could cut as well. They could easily say that they will freeze or reduce the amount paid out in shareholder dividends for a year or two. They could freeze executive salaries for the same period. The point is, it's not if you do A then the result must then only be B.

How stupid are you?? You're the one that wants to cut spending on infrastructure and science that make up around 5% of our entire federal budget. Both things are necessary for the success of this nation and add a hell of a lot more to our national success then giving the super rich another tax cut.

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but they warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.

So says the one that wants to defund all entire first world science infrastructure, cut funding for building infrastructure and believe our children shouldn't all be educated.

You are consistently failing to answer the question of how stupid you are. So I guess I'll have to. Very very very stupid.
Now, you wrote:
No, they're spending some of that money they would of giving to their ceo on their employees. They'd be dumb to raise the cost of things as that would drive down demand.
The pay raise of 1.50hr for 500k employees works out to over $2 billion a year in extra wage expense, and that's just the 1.50 hr the employee gets. It does not count payroll taxes the company must pay. WalMart's CEO, whom you cannot name, earned about $2.2 million dollars last year.
So if WM decided they would pay their CEO one dollar for the entire year they still would not have saved the money they are planning on spending on incresaed salaries.
You dont understand this because you are way fucking stupid, bleating about infrastructure and research in every fucking post like you have a pig's idea what those things even mean.
Is WalMart causing inflation by voluntarily raising wages? Are they wrong for doing so?
I think you know that an increase in wages is not a zero sum undertaking. There isn't a equal and opposite price hike that negates the whole undertaking. How many items are for sale in the average WalMart? Raising the price a few cents across the board is sufficient. They have other areas they could cut as well. They could easily say that they will freeze or reduce the amount paid out in shareholder dividends for a year or two. They could freeze executive salaries for the same period. The point is, it's not if you do A then the result must then only be B.
I know I'm dealing with a moron here.
WalMart is helping inflation along with the wage increase. They are looking at their own bottom line, of course. They are criticized for poor customer service, which is what happens when you hire min wage people. And btw, since their starting salary will be 10/hr do you think they will hire people worth 8/hr or people worth 10/hr? Yeah, the lowest ability workers will get screwed.
If they cut the dividend investors will invest elsewhere
If they cut corporate salaries managers will work elsewhere.
You seem to think that employment is some sort of charitable venture, that companies exist to provide jobs for low paid workers and executives exist to play golf and drink coffee.
IOW you know nothing about business or the economy.

Yeah, but that $200 big screen TV would cost you $203 and that's just plain fucking outrageous!

Now, you wrote:
I know I'm dealing with a moron here.
WalMart is helping inflation along with the wage increase. They are looking at their own bottom line, of course. They are criticized for poor customer service, which is what happens when you hire min wage people. And btw, since their starting salary will be 10/hr do you think they will hire people worth 8/hr or people worth 10/hr? Yeah, the lowest ability workers will get screwed.
If they cut the dividend investors will invest elsewhere
If they cut corporate salaries managers will work elsewhere.
You seem to think that employment is some sort of charitable venture, that companies exist to provide jobs for low paid workers and executives exist to play golf and drink coffee.
IOW you know nothing about business or the economy.

The standard for the job remains the same.
What metric is used to decide who is worth $8 and who is worth $10? They already hire those they feel are the best qualified. Don't they?
Aren't they doing that already?

You don't have any Republican friends. We've covered this before. Friends don't smear friends.
Not smearing em. Just stating the reality. That ugly 'greedy old fat white dude' image is gonna kill em in future General Elections. They should take my advice, and start standing up for struggling American Workers. It's what the People want.
The people spoke in November, we don't let internet pussies run our country, sorry. The reality is that you are a smear monger and have no Republican friends. Likely no Democrat ones either.

You guys gotta let go of your hate & greed. Your disdain for average struggling workers is irrational and unjust. Jesus would not approve. Those Cashiers, McDonalds workers, and Bag-stuffers are your fellow Americans. And they provide you with services you both want and need. They're not sitting around milking Welfare. They're out there working hard. You guys gotta stop insulting and ridiculing them.

There's gonna be a big backlash on the insults and ridicule. In fact, it's beginning to happen right now. You're gonna hand the White House to the Democrats again. You guys gotta ditch that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It's gonna kill ya in future General Elections.
you don't get it.

Those cashiers, McDonalds workers and Bag Stuffers are our fellow Americans, yes....but they are supposed to be the youth of America...not adults trying to support families.

When I was in high school, every cashier, McDonalds worker and bag stuffer was a friend...a classmate....a teenager looking for weekend cash.

But over the last decade or so, adults deemed those jobs as worthy...you know....a little welfare, some food stamps, the ER for free...and hey..."I can work at McDonalds and not have to worry about stress and working hard."

Sorry Obama...those adults that work at McDonalds are NOT hard working Americans. They are WORKING Americans that don't want to work hard.

So no, they should not increase the minimum wage to a wage that can support a family. They should tell those people to stop taking jobs away from the kids and get a real job.
Really? People who work 40+ hrs a week don't work hard?
What you believe it SHOULD be has absolutely nothing to do with what it actually is. Do you honestly believe that people choose to work for MW over something better? That's what you seem to be saying.

The sad reality is, Republicans are giving absolutely no reasons for average struggling Workers to support them. On one hand they bitch & moan about all the people milking Welfare, and then on the other hand they bitch & moan about the people who are out there working hard. They constantly insult and ridicule those working at McDonalds, Walmart, and so on.

So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with Republicans. There is no reason for American Workers to support Republicans at this point. And that's gonna come back to bite the GOP bigtime in future General Elections.

Yeah, but that $200 big screen TV would cost you $203 and that's just plain fucking outrageous!

Yes the cost of TVs will go up... And the cost of DVDs... Shoes... Shirts... Pants... Skivvies ... Socks... Cereal... Bikes... Balls... Bats... Motor oil... along with the endless skews that are purchased everyday by those who just got a an 80 week raise.

Meaning that the raise is not an increase in buying power. Only a symbolic adjustment which in no way improves the lot of those who received it.

In point of fact it literally undermines their lot... Because the act itself misleads them into the false belief that they're entitled to gains granted them by the governemnt... Despite the reality that the government has gained them nothing.

Not smearing em. Just stating the reality. That ugly 'greedy old fat white dude' image is gonna kill em in future General Elections. They should take my advice, and start standing up for struggling American Workers. It's what the People want.
The people spoke in November, we don't let internet pussies run our country, sorry. The reality is that you are a smear monger and have no Republican friends. Likely no Democrat ones either.

You guys gotta let go of your hate & greed. Your disdain for average struggling workers is irrational and unjust. Jesus would not approve. Those Cashiers, McDonalds workers, and Bag-stuffers are your fellow Americans. And they provide you with services you both want and need. They're not sitting around milking Welfare. They're out there working hard. You guys gotta stop insulting and ridiculing them.

There's gonna be a big backlash on the insults and ridicule. In fact, it's beginning to happen right now. You're gonna hand the White House to the Democrats again. You guys gotta ditch that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It's gonna kill ya in future General Elections.
you don't get it.

Those cashiers, McDonalds workers and Bag Stuffers are our fellow Americans, yes....but they are supposed to be the youth of America...not adults trying to support families.

When I was in high school, every cashier, McDonalds worker and bag stuffer was a friend...a classmate....a teenager looking for weekend cash.

But over the last decade or so, adults deemed those jobs as worthy...you know....a little welfare, some food stamps, the ER for free...and hey..."I can work at McDonalds and not have to worry about stress and working hard."

Sorry Obama...those adults that work at McDonalds are NOT hard working Americans. They are WORKING Americans that don't want to work hard.

So no, they should not increase the minimum wage to a wage that can support a family. They should tell those people to stop taking jobs away from the kids and get a real job.
What you believe it SHOULD be has absolutely nothing to do with what it actually is. Do you honestly believe that people choose to work for MW over something better? That's what you seem to be saying.

The sad reality is, Republicans are giving absolutely no reasons for average struggling Workers to support them. On one hand they bitch & moan about all the people milking Welfare, and then on the other hand they bitch & moan about the people who are out there working hard.

False on every count.

The Americans, OKA: Conservatives stand upon the principle that everyone, is rightfully entitled to the unfettered use of the product of their labor.

And upon the principle that the greatest threat to the freedom to do just that, is the government which gives the what they 'need' as a means to acquire the power to enslave them.

It's the Ideological Left and it's evil... Nothing more or less. And it is presently in the full charge to take it all. And AMERICANS are giving them the reason to defeat it here and now. And that reason is their freedom.

you don't get it.

The sad reality is, Republicans are giving absolutely no reasons for average struggling Workers to support them. On one hand they bitch & moan about all the people milking Welfare, and then on the other hand they bitch & moan about the people who are out there working hard.

False on every count.

The Americans, OKA: Conservatives stand upon the principle that everyone, is rightfully entitled to the unfettered use of the product of their labor.

And upon the principle that the greatest threat to the freedom to do just that, is the government which gives the what they 'need' as a means to acquire the power to enslave them.

It's the Ideological Left and it's evil... Nothing more or less. And it is presently in the full charge to take it all. And AMERICANS are giving them the reason to defeat it here and now. And that reason is their freedom.

A fine example of the CONvoluded mind at work.

So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with Republicans. There is no reason for American Workers to support Republicans at this point. And that's gonna come back to bite the GOP bigtime in future General Elections.
Yeah man yeah! Power to the people! Democrats all the way...just like last November! Yeeeehaaaaaa.

you don't get it.

False on every count.

A fine example of the CONvoluded mind at work.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Believe it or not, both the left and the right want to end welfare for the poor. The left just has a realistic and humane way of doing it.

$153 billion of public assistance is spent on people because of their low wage jobs. 18 million people make less than $10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15? If the minimum was raised to $10.10, republicans are to stupid/immature to realize that far less people would be eligible for programs like food stamps. It would dramatically fix the fucking problem of the poor on welfare!

Like it or not, $15 as a minimum wage would be a base wage kept up with the rate of inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off 10.10 per hour was the fucking 60s. Since the recession, low wage jobs out number higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have no choice but to accept low wage jobs.

As long as it was gradually raised over a couple of years, the initial cost to the market would be minimized. Prices would go up, but not nearly enough to offset the consumer spending power created by it. Consumer spending would boom. The market would begin to create jobs. Way more than the jobs that would have been scrapped initially. Prices would also go down.

Look the only reason most (not all) CEOs are against raising wages is because it just easier to for them to keep the ridiculous money they make rather than invest in a strong labor force. The average CEO makes over 300x what the average worker makes. Sure we can all agree CEOs deserve a wealthy life for all their hard work, but do you really think they deserve 300x more?

Hell no.
Because 60% of the labor force is employed by small business, most of which operate as sole proprietorships and and limited partnerships, also operate on thin profit margins.
Such an increase would put many on the brink or even out of business. In either case, such an increase would cause the loss of many jobs.
Here is another aspect of this. As the base wage increases, so must other wages. Skilled people would not agree to being left out. Especially in lower wage regions of the country.
So if a person an electrician is making say $18 per hour in Florida has a couple helpers making $10 per hour. Suddenly those workers which were one making 55% of the top wage are now making 80% of the top wage. That with no appreciable increase in education or level of skill. Ask yourself how the top guy is going to react....Do you think he is going to accept the fact that he is now making barely above the min wage? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd be demanding my pay be increased accordingly. And if you think that same scenario would not be repeated across the country, you're not thinking this through.
Here's the thing.. If you are not willing to open your own business and pay the wage you believe appropriate, then you have no say in the matter because you are not spending YOUR money. You are spending other people's money.
"Since the recession, low wage jobs out number higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have no choice but to accept low wage jobs."...
Genius.. Lower wage jobs have ALWAYS outnumbered higher wage jobs.
And non one is forced to remain in a low wage job. That's a choice made by each person.....Don't tell us there is nothing that can be done. That is not true.

I have a couple of questions for those here who support minimum wage laws. First, is there, in your view, any work that isn't worth a living wage?

Believe it or not, both the left and the right want to end welfare for the poor. The left just has a realistic and humane way of doing it.

$153 billion of public assistance is spent on people because of their low wage jobs. 18 million people make less than $10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15? If the minimum was raised to $10.10, republicans are to stupid/immature to realize that far less people would be eligible for programs like food stamps. It would dramatically fix the fucking problem of the poor on welfare!

Like it or not, $15 as a minimum wage would be a base wage kept up with the rate of inflation. The last time someone could live comfortably off 10.10 per hour was the fucking 60s. Since the recession, low wage jobs out number higher wage jobs. That means MILLIONS OF PEOPLE have no choice but to accept low wage jobs.

As long as it was gradually raised over a couple of years, the initial cost to the market would be minimized. Prices would go up, but not nearly enough to offset the consumer spending power created by it. Consumer spending would boom. The market would begin to create jobs. Way more than the jobs that would have been scrapped initially. Prices would also go down.

Look the only reason most (not all) CEOs are against raising wages is because it just easier to for them to keep the ridiculous money they make rather than invest in a strong labor force. The average CEO makes over 300x what the average worker makes. Sure we can all agree CEOs deserve a wealthy life for all their hard work, but do you really think they deserve 300x more?

Hell no.

Hell yes.

They stayed in school, got educated, got a marketable skill, didn't have a bunch of kids they couldn't afford and you want to reward those who did none of these things just because they breath. Bullshit.
You repubs have such one track minds. Yes obviously many single women have children that they shouldn't have had, but why don't you ever think of the kids? Should those kids grow up in poverty because of their irresponsible mother? They need public support if there aren't higher wages available.
"It's for the chilren".....Oh please.
Here come the lib narrative talking points....
You are a member of the public, So, you can "adopt" a single mother and her brood....Write a check.
You libs are very quick to decide who has "needs" and then you know just who to hit up for those needs. Just as long as it's someone else.
Most of these people who have illegitimate kids and no marketable skills have all kinds of job and education programs at their disposal. The fact is they refuse to take advantage of those opportunities. And why is this? Because it is easier to NOT work. Public assistance has made poverty and joblessness too comfortable.
How many stories have been reported about people who say "why should I work, I can just sit at home and collect from the government."?...Countless.

Hell no.

Hell yes.

They stayed in school, got educated, got a marketable skill, didn't have a bunch of kids they couldn't afford and you want to reward those who did none of these things just because they breath. Bullshit.
You repubs have such one track minds. Yes obviously many single women have children that they shouldn't have had, but why don't you ever think of the kids? Should those kids grow up in poverty because of their irresponsible mother? They need public support if there aren't higher wages available.
Maybe we are sick and tired of you libs taking our money and using it to buy votes via welfare freebies.
You people have no concept of who is on welfare and how much they actually get. You just believe what you want about the poor because it makes you feel superior and validated. You are insecure people really.
And most of us who are just trying to do what we must to provide our families with food on the table, housing and maybe a few creature comforts don't really care about people who for the most part are gaming the system.
Look, if caring for the poor is your life's work, go ahead.
But don't you DARE demand everyone else occupy their day with such worries.
Quite frankly what most of these people who sit on their asses doing nothing who COULD work need is a swift kick in the ass and a cut off date.

Because they want the super rich to have it all.

That's not possible, inheritance tax heard of it? Duh! Even with the trillions in wealth redistribution already going on you leftist socialist pukes want to steal even more from the people worked to earn it.
You are so thick. You live in a fantasy land. All i am talking about is raising the minimum wage. THAT'S IT. The wealthy will still be wealthy. The world will keep turning. Capitalism will thrive you ass.
LIke I said..Open a business...Pay your wage. Otherwise, you don't get to have a say

Forum List

Back