I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

Stagnant productivity? You assume quite a lot.
change-since-1979-300.gif

What do you suppose the cumulative effect of 77 years of devaluing the dollar in such a way is? Is it demonstrably quantifiable? If so in what way(s)?

Well, let's see... 70 years would put us back in the 40s.

Here is a few items for which the US Dollar was being exchanged for in the 1940s.

Eggs 64 cents per dozen New Jersey 1946
Flour 25 cents 5 Pound bag California 1944
Kellogs Corn flakes 35 cents for 2 pks Pennsylvania 1948
Ketchup 19 cents Pennsylvania 1948
Margarine 18 Cents per Pound California 1944
Morton Salt 10 cents Pennsylvania 1948
Oranges 8 1/2 cents per pound California 1944
Pork Roast 39 Cents per pound Wisconsin 1948
Porterhouse Steak 69 cents per pound Illinois 1947
Potatoes 38 cents for 10 pounds California 1944
Tide Soap powder 36 cents Pennsylvania 1948
Tomatoes 29 cents per pound New Jersey 1946
Tooth Paste 47 cents Pennsylvania 1948

Now I highlighted the Porterhouse Steak, because I personally purchased a fe of those the day before yesterday at the neighborhood Publix. I paid 14.25lb (they were on sale).

Now... let me ask ya... in 1947, US Currency bought 20 lbs of Porterhouse Steaks for the same dollar value that Today can only buy you 1lb.

Would you say that in your mind that this circumstance demonstrates the value of US Currency has been increased or decreased over the last 77 years?

Does that help you quantify the devaluation of the currency by the natural law which requires that where one artificially increases the price of labor, that the value of the currency used to buy that labor is reduced?

So... because steak costs more now, that is evidence of the devaluation of the dollar due to no minimum wage?

Wow! SMH

Yes...

But to help you through it... Let's review:

70 years would put us back in the 40s.

Here is a few items for which the US Dollar was being exchanged for in the 1940s.

Now I highlighted the Porterhouse Steak, because I personally purchased a fe of those the day before yesterday at the neighborhood Publix. I paid 14.25lb (they were on sale).

Now... let me ask ya... in 1947, US Currency bought 20 lbs of Porterhouse Steaks for the same dollar value that Today can only buy you 1lb.

Would you say that in your mind that this circumstance demonstrates the value of US Currency has been increased or decreased over the last 77 years?

Now, FYI: 70 years prior to THAT...

1 lb. butter -- 40 cents

1 dozen eggs -- 35 cents

So, what changed?

US Minimum Wage came into Federal Law in 1938...

Meaning that in the 70 years prior to the establishment of the USMW... the price of eggs and butter doubled. With the subsequent 70 years such increased by orders of MAGNITUDE.

Does THAT help you quantify the devaluation of the currency by the natural law which requires that where one artificially increases the price of labor, that the value of the currency used to buy that labor is reduced?

Not at all.
Totally asspulled nonsense.
OK, do you think the value of the dollar has remained constant?
Or do you think the rise in the min wage does not account for the devaluation of the dollar?
If you think the rise in min wage does not account for the devaluation of the dollar, what do you think caused it?
This ought to be amusing.

Face it Rightwingers: you lost the debate on the MW.
Declaration of winning after having your ass handed to you=loser.
ANother Billy Triple Fail.
You and I both know that isn't true.
I know it is true and I also know you are wrong. You on the other hand know nothing.
You try and try but you never get anywhere with me. You're a loser and you know it.
I never get anywhere with you because you are Billy Triple Fail.

I know it is true and I also know you are wrong. You on the other hand know nothing.
You try and try but you never get anywhere with me. You're a loser and you know it.
Deep derp derp!

What is so important with slash, cut and burn?

Deep derp derp!
I;ve reduced you to grunts. My work with you is finished, Billy Triple Fail.

How stupid are you? This is a serious question.

So, when wal- Mart announced pay increases, they are causing inflation?

No, they're spending some of that money they would of giving to their ceo on their employees. They'd be dumb to raise the cost of things as that would drive down demand.
How stupid are you? I really am asking here.

They could increase the cost but they'd face a reduction in demand from the consumer as people would seek out competition. ;) Also, 2-3 bucks more in pay is more then enough to offset the tiny increase in product cost....

So overall you get a positive. Also, I am far smarter then a loserterian will ever be!

So, when wal- Mart announced pay increases, they are causing inflation?

No, they're spending some of that money they would of giving to their ceo on their employees. They'd be dumb to raise the cost of things as that would drive down demand.
How stupid are you? I really am asking here.

They could increase the cost but they'd face a reduction in demand from the consumer as people would seek out competition. ;) Also, 2-3 bucks more in pay is more then enough to offset the tiny increase in product cost....

So overall you get a positive. Also, I am far smarter then a loserterian will ever be!
No, you cannot even answer a simple question: Just how stupid are you?

How stupid are you?? You're the one that wants to cut spending on infrastructure and science that make up around 5% of our entire federal budget. Both things are necessary for the success of this nation and add a hell of a lot more to our national success then giving the super rich another tax cut.

Both give the poor, middle class and rich equally something! Another tax cut or war doesn't do shit.

How stupid are you?? You're the one that wants to cut spending on infrastructure and science that make up around 5% of our entire federal budget. Both things are necessary for the success of this nation and add a hell of a lot more to our national success then giving the super rich another tax cut.
You havent answered my question: Just how stupid are you?

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but the warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.

Last edited:

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but they warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.

So says the one that wants to defund all entire first world science infrastructure, cut funding for building infrastructure and believe our children shouldn't all be educated.

You have some nerve. I couldn't measure your intelligence on a dogs ass.

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but the warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.
All this coming from a guy who thinks a worker's skill affects the value of the dollar.

We tried to measure it with the meter we used for Jake, but that would-be contributor would not even tickle the scale. We sent for a smaller, more sensitive model, but they warehouse just laughed and laughed, then they hung up.

So says the one that wants to defund all entire first world science infrastructure, cut funding for building infrastructure and believe our children shouldn't all be educated.

You have some nerve. I couldn't measure your intelligence on a dogs ass.
You are consistently failing to answer the question of how stupid you are. So I guess I'll have to. Very very very stupid.
WalMart just proposed a pay increase for 500k employees of about 1.50/hr.
Now, you wrote:
The pay raise of 1.50hr for 500k employees works out to over $2 billion a year in extra wage expense, and that's just the 1.50 hr the employee gets. It does not count payroll taxes the company must pay. WalMart's CEO, whom you cannot name, earned about $2.2 million dollars last year.
So if WM decided they would pay their CEO one dollar for the entire year they still would not have saved the money they are planning on spending on incresaed salaries.
You dont understand this because you are way fucking stupid, bleating about infrastructure and research in every fucking post like you have a pig's idea what those things even mean.

All this coming from a guy who thinks a worker's skill affects the value of the dollar.
Of course he never actually wrote that but that wont stop you from lying, Billy Fail-O.

Stagnant productivity? You assume quite a lot.
change-since-1979-300.gif

What do you suppose the cumulative effect of 77 years of devaluing the dollar in such a way is? Is it demonstrably quantifiable? If so in what way(s)?

Well, let's see... 70 years would put us back in the 40s.

Does that help you quantify the devaluation of the currency by the natural law which requires that where one artificially increases the price of labor, that the value of the currency used to buy that labor is reduced?

So... because steak costs more now, that is evidence of the devaluation of the dollar due to no minimum wage?

Wow! SMH

Yes...

But to help you through it... Let's review:

70 years would put us back in the 40s.

Now, FYI: 70 years prior to THAT...

1 lb. butter -- 40 cents

1 dozen eggs -- 35 cents

So, what changed?

US Minimum Wage came into Federal Law in 1938...

Meaning that in the 70 years prior to the establishment of the USMW... the price of eggs and butter doubled. With the subsequent 70 years such increased by orders of MAGNITUDE.

Does THAT help you quantify the devaluation of the currency by the natural law which requires that where one artificially increases the price of labor, that the value of the currency used to buy that labor is reduced?

Not at all.
Totally asspulled nonsense.
OK, do you think the value of the dollar has remained constant?
Or do you think the rise in the min wage does not account for the devaluation of the dollar?
If you think the rise in min wage does not account for the devaluation of the dollar, what do you think caused it?
This ought to be amusing.

It is not only dishonest to suggest that inflation is a result of only wage increases, but it also makes you look dumb.

Forum List

Back