I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor
They both cost money.
so do ounces of prevention and pounds of cure.

only the right prefers to "waste money" on wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror; while complaining about the least wealthy having steak or lobster with food stamps.

Oxymoron

You are fighting for it, that is embracing it

I'm gonna fight for those i think really need the help. Because the money's gonna get spent. That's for sure. You should just to accept that and get past it. So, struggling Workers getting their piece? Sure, why not?

I understand what you're saying and, while I might not agree, I could at least have sympathy for your view if minimum wage laws actually did help people. Many other welfare state policies do help people, even if they may be bad for society as a whole, and I can see standing up for those in the face of all the other state corruption going on. I also agree that there's nothing more repulsive than the judgmental view of many conservatives that poor people "deserve" whatever suffering they experience.

But minimum wage laws are pablum - phony crap to sucker the dummies. They don't help workers, they simply make low wage jobs illegal.

That's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But someone currently making $7hr is gonna be very happy now making $9/$11hr. I assure you, they see it much differently than you do.
How happy are they going to be when they're laid off?
Libs are bad at thought.

People get laid off all the time now. That's nothing new. Your 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. It never does. The reality is, Businesses with bitch & moan about paying their Employees more for awhile, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.
Seriously? You complain about conservatives not giving a shit about workers and now your response is "so what if people get laid off"? Dude, you're a fucking mess and a waste of time.

Never said you should accept 'destruction.' I said you should accept that we are and always will be Big Government

Oxymoron

Never said you should accept 'destruction.' I said you should accept that we are and always will be Big Government. In fact, it's gonna get much bigger. There is no going back. I'm not embracing it, i'm just accepting reality.

I'm gonna fight for those i think really need the help. Because the money's gonna get spent. That's for sure. You should just to accept that and get past it. So, struggling Workers getting their piece? Sure, why not?

I understand what you're saying and, while I might not agree, I could at least have sympathy for your view if minimum wage laws actually did help people. Many other welfare state policies do help people, even if they may be bad for society as a whole, and I can see standing up for those in the face of all the other state corruption going on. I also agree that there's nothing more repulsive than the judgmental view of many conservatives that poor people "deserve" whatever suffering they experience.

But minimum wage laws are pablum - phony crap to sucker the dummies. They don't help workers, they simply make low wage jobs illegal.

That's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But someone currently making $7hr is gonna be very happy now making $9/$11hr. I assure you, they see it much differently than you do.

The person making $7 an hour will actually be sitting at home filing for unemployment, then welfare. The guy who took his job is the one who'll be happy

Getting everyone fired not worth an arbitrary salary is helping them "catch a break?" You mean because they don't have to work on welfare?
Nah, that's just greedy old fat ass 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. 'Everyone' won't be fired. Trust me, it ain't gonna happen.
You are making the worst, least experienced more workers more expensive. You think that won't affect their employment? Don't take telemarketer calls or go to timeshare pitches.. Seriously

Of course, workers are too stupid to know they shouldn't take a job that doesn't pay what you consider enough, so you are helping them by removing their choice because of course you know better than they do to how to run their own lives.

Your view that companies will pay the same workers more is just more of your government loving delusion. You're accepting reality my ass, you're just another run of the mill arrogant leftist who knows more than everyone about everything so you think government should force everyone to do it your way

It has nothing to do with loving Government or not. You're still just living the fantasy that 'Small Government' is possible. One day you'll have to get past that. Big Government is here to stay.

So who or what will be the beneficiaries of the massive spending? That's the only question now. Personally, i'm good with American Workers getting a piece. Why not?

Begging the question

Never said you should accept 'destruction.' I said you should accept that we are and always will be Big Government

Oxymoron

Never said you should accept 'destruction.' I said you should accept that we are and always will be Big Government. In fact, it's gonna get much bigger. There is no going back. I'm not embracing it, i'm just accepting reality.

Well put. Libertarianism isn't about the strawman we don't want government to help people, it's about the reality that it doesn't. And as you said, even in narrow cases where it helps individuals, it does more overall harm than good

Libertarianism is a fantasy that will never be reality. You're just banging your head against a wall ranting about 'Small Government' Libertarianism. It just ain't gonna happen. Too many are dependent on Big Government. It is what it is.

I'll take your opinion I should sell out and shut up with all due consideration.

Flush.

Done

People get laid off all the time now. That's nothing new. Your 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. It never does. The reality is, Businesses with bitch & moan about paying their Employees more for awhile, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.

True, life will go on. We will fire a bunch of them right away. Some we will replace with better workers who we can attract with the higher pay. We will convert full time to part time and otherwise cut hours from the rest. We will cut benefits. We will automate and streamline processes then fire more of them.

Oh, life will go on for us, your victims not so much...

Oxymoron

And someone who can't convince someone to pay them $9/$11hr, but could get work at $7hr, is going to be out of luck. And they will see it differently than you do.

If you're paying people $7hr, you're likely a real piece of shit. The individual would be better off seeking Government assistance. Who can live on $7hr in today's America?

Why would a high schooler in their first job need to "live on it." How do the inner city teens who can't get any job because of minimum wages supposed to get by without it?

True, life will go on. We will fire a bunch of them right away. Some we will replace with better workers who we can attract with the higher pay. We will convert full time to part time and otherwise cut hours from the rest. We will cut benefits. We will automate and streamline processes then fire more of them.

Oh, life will go on for us, your victims not so much...
He doesnt give a shit about workers. That's obvious.

Libs are bad at thought.

Seriously? You complain about conservatives not giving a shit about workers and now your response is "so what if people get laid off"? Dude, you're a fucking mess and a waste of time.

Greedy people like you have been laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs for many years, So yes, i'm sure some greedy Republicans will continue doing that. But your 'Sky is Falling' fantasy isn't gonna happen. Life really will go on.

Oxymoron

The person making $7 an hour will actually be sitting at home filing for unemployment, then welfare. The guy who took his job is the one who'll be happy

Sadly, he'll do better on Unemployment. That's how bad things have gotten in this country. Thanks to people like you. WTG, ya greedy pricks ya.

Getting everyone fired not worth an arbitrary salary is helping them "catch a break?" You mean because they don't have to work on welfare?
Nah, that's just greedy old fat ass 'Sky is Falling' Bullshite. 'Everyone' won't be fired. Trust me, it ain't gonna happen.
You are making the worst, least experienced more workers more expensive. You think that won't affect their employment? Don't take telemarketer calls or go to timeshare pitches.. Seriously

Trust me, the greedy fat asses will bitch & moan for awhile, then they'll shut up and deal with it. Just like all the other times Minimum Wage was increased. The sky ain't gonna fall. That's just shameful greedy fat ass wishful thinking.

And someone who can't convince someone to pay them $9/$11hr, but could get work at $7hr, is going to be out of luck. And they will see it differently than you do.

If you're paying people $7hr, you're likely a real piece of shit. The individual would be better off seeking Government assistance. Who can live on $7hr in today's America?

Why would a high schooler in their first job need to "live on it." How do the inner city teens who can't get any job because of minimum wages supposed to get by without it?

You're too greedy and out of touch. Pretty much sums up the Republican Party at this point. It's kinda sad.

Libs are bad at thought.

Greedy people like you have been laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs for many years, So yes, i'm sure some greedy Republicans will continue doing that. But your 'Sky is Falling' fantasy isn't gonna happen. Life really will go on.
Was that supposed to be responsive to what I wrote? You dont give a shit about workers and you just proved it in your post. No amount of name calling and blind assertions will change that.
You are a big fail of a hypocrite.

You're too greedy and out of touch. Pretty much sums up the Republican Party at this point. It's kinda sad.
Do you know anyone who isnt greedy?

Oxymoron

Sadly, he'll do better on Unemployment. That's how bad things have gotten in this country. Thanks to people like you. WTG, ya greedy pricks ya.

You're welcome, and the only reason for that fact are idiots like you who pay people more to not work than work. You create an idiotic welfare state I oppose then manipulate markets and if I object to one you blame me for the other. Grow up, you want to criticize me, criticize me for things I actually think, not your own retarded policies

Trust me, the greedy fat asses will bitch & moan for awhile, then they'll shut up and deal with it. Just like all the other times Minimum Wage was increased. The sky ain't gonna fall. That's just shameful greedy fat ass wishful thinking.

Yes, we will deal with it by firing the people not worth it and adapting. That doesn't help the people who will be sitting at home. We own businesses because we are smarter than you are. We don't get to this point because leftists want us to do things in your interest that isn't in ours. We find other solutions. That you can take to the bank

As for my being a "greedy fat ass" why is it the only people in the office yesterday (Saturday) were me (the owner) and my operations manager? Where was everyone else?

And again, LOL, you call us greedy while you spend our money and pay zero. You're an idiot

Obviously you don't care about debate, learning anything or persuading anyone, you're just interested in being a dick

Libs are bad at thought.

Was that supposed to be responsive to what I wrote? You dont give a shit about workers and you just proved it in your post. No amount of name calling and blind assertions will change that.
You are a big fail of a hypocrite.

Like i said, i'm sure greedy fat ass Republicans will continue laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs. I certainly understand that. But your apocalyptic 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. Just like it didn't happen all the other times you guys said it would. Life will go on.

Oxymoron

See, you drive up labor prices, resulting in layoffs, and then complain people do better on unemployment? Do you not see that it is you yourself, that has created this problem?

He'll be replaced with a Kiosk. How is that a solution?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back