I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

How happy are they going to be when they're laid off?
Libs are bad at thought.

People get laid off all the time now. That's nothing new. Your 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. It never does. The reality is, Businesses with bitch & moan about paying their Employees more for awhile, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.
Seriously? You complain about conservatives not giving a shit about workers and now your response is "so what if people get laid off"? Dude, you're a fucking mess and a waste of time.

Greedy people like you have been laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs for many years, So yes, i'm sure some greedy Republicans will continue doing that. But your 'Sky is Falling' fantasy isn't gonna happen. Life really will go on.
Was that supposed to be responsive to what I wrote? You dont give a shit about workers and you just proved it in your post. No amount of name calling and blind assertions will change that.
You are a big fail of a hypocrite.

Like i said, i'm sure greedy fat ass Republicans will continue laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs. I certainly understand that. But your apocalyptic 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. Just like it didn't happen all the other times you guys said it would. Life will go on.

But it has happened, exactly as we predicted it would.

Did you know that in 2006, the average Walmart store had 336 employees per store. By 2010, that number had fallen to 281.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/b...s-to-keep-grocery-aisles-stocked.html?hp&_r=0

You keep saying people are not losing their jobs, and yet the facts are exactly what we on the right have claimed. 60 employees per walmart store have lost their jobs, and the only thing that changed between 2006 and 2010, was the minimum wage went up from $5.25 to $7.25. And ironically sales at walmart increased during the recession. But the Store still has to make a profit, on a 3% profit margin. The only way to do that with drastically higher wages, is to cut employees..... EXACTLY what they did.

I'm gonna fight for those i think really need the help. Because the money's gonna get spent. That's for sure. You should just to accept that and get past it. So, struggling Workers getting their piece? Sure, why not?

I understand what you're saying and, while I might not agree, I could at least have sympathy for your view if minimum wage laws actually did help people. Many other welfare state policies do help people, even if they may be bad for society as a whole, and I can see standing up for those in the face of all the other state corruption going on. I also agree that there's nothing more repulsive than the judgmental view of many conservatives that poor people "deserve" whatever suffering they experience.

But minimum wage laws are pablum - phony crap to sucker the dummies. They don't help workers, they simply make low wage jobs illegal.

That's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But someone currently making $7hr is gonna be very happy now making $9/$11hr. I assure you, they see it much differently than you do.

The person making $7 an hour will actually be sitting at home filing for unemployment, then welfare. The guy who took his job is the one who'll be happy

Sadly, he'll do better on Unemployment. That's how bad things have gotten in this country. Thanks to people like you. WTG, ya greedy pricks ya.

See, you drive up labor prices, resulting in layoffs, and then complain people do better on unemployment? Do you not see that it is you yourself, that has created this problem?

He'll be replaced with a Kiosk. How is that a solution?

Ha, you greedy old Republicans do crack me up. But let me tell ya, your robot takeover fantasy is a long long way off. I know you'd love to see it happen, but it won't be happening anytime soon. Too bad for you, you're gonna have to pay Americans a decent wage. Now quit ya bitchin, and deal with it.

Like i said, i'm sure greedy fat ass Republicans will continue laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs. I certainly understand that. But your apocalyptic 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. Just like it didn't happen all the other times you guys said it would. Life will go on.

Again, what are you doing about it with your own money? Why are you so greedy?

People get laid off all the time now. That's nothing new. Your 'Sky is Falling' scenario will not happen. It never does. The reality is, Businesses with bitch & moan about paying their Employees more for awhile, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.
Seriously? You complain about conservatives not giving a shit about workers and now your response is "so what if people get laid off"? Dude, you're a fucking mess and a waste of time.

Greedy people like you have been laying Americans off and Outsourcing their jobs for many years, So yes, i'm sure some greedy Republicans will continue doing that. But your 'Sky is Falling' fantasy isn't gonna happen. Life really will go on.
Was that supposed to be responsive to what I wrote? You dont give a shit about workers and you just proved it in your post. No amount of name calling and blind assertions will change that.

Did you know that in 2006, the average Walmart store had 336 employees per store. By 2010, that number had fallen to 281.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/b...s-to-keep-grocery-aisles-stocked.html?hp&_r=0

You keep saying people are not losing their jobs, and yet the facts are exactly what we on the right have claimed. 60 employees per walmart store have lost their jobs, and the only thing that changed between 2006 and 2010, was the minimum wage went up from $5.25 to $7.25. And ironically sales at walmart increased during the recession. But the Store still has to make a profit, on a 3% profit margin. The only way to do that with drastically higher wages, is to cut employees..... EXACTLY what they did.

Walmart is a prototypical 'Evil Corporation.' Let's not look to it for anything. Its ugly business practices have harmed countless good American small businesses. To hell with it.

I understand what you're saying and, while I might not agree, I could at least have sympathy for your view if minimum wage laws actually did help people. Many other welfare state policies do help people, even if they may be bad for society as a whole, and I can see standing up for those in the face of all the other state corruption going on. I also agree that there's nothing more repulsive than the judgmental view of many conservatives that poor people "deserve" whatever suffering they experience.

But minimum wage laws are pablum - phony crap to sucker the dummies. They don't help workers, they simply make low wage jobs illegal.

That's cool. You're entitled to your opinion. But someone currently making $7hr is gonna be very happy now making $9/$11hr. I assure you, they see it much differently than you do.

The person making $7 an hour will actually be sitting at home filing for unemployment, then welfare. The guy who took his job is the one who'll be happy

Sadly, he'll do better on Unemployment. That's how bad things have gotten in this country. Thanks to people like you. WTG, ya greedy pricks ya.

See, you drive up labor prices, resulting in layoffs, and then complain people do better on unemployment? Do you not see that it is you yourself, that has created this problem?

Ha, you greedy old Republicans do crack me up. But let me tell ya, your robot takeover fantasy is a long long way off. I know you'd love to see it happen, but it won't be happening anytime soon. Too bad for you, you're gonna have to pay Americans a decent wage. Now quit ya bitchin, and deal with it.

Keep in mind what you said here when you start seeing ordering machine in McDonald's and other businesses.

Republican is the worst word you know, isn't it, Buckwheat?

Walmart is a prototypical 'Evil Corporation.' Let's not look to it for anything. Its ugly business practices have harmed countless good American small businesses. To hell with it.

Yes Comrade, Heil Hitler

Republican message to struggling American Workers in 2016: "Take the shite wages we give ya. If you don't, we'll just lay you off and Outsource your job."

Such a warm compassionate message, ay? Yeah, Democrats should win the White House again pretty easily.

Keep in mind what you said here when you start seeing ordering machine in McDonald's and other businesses.

Ordering machines can only take you so far. So sorry, but greedy fat asses are still gonna have to pay Workers a decent wage. Time to accept that and move on.

Yes Comrade, Heil Hitler

The fact you choose Walmart to represent your interests, truly says it all about you. You're worshipping evil. The Walton family thanks you very much. ;)

Republican message to struggling American Workers in 2016: "Take the shite wages we give ya. If you don't, we'll just lay you off and Outsource your job."

Such a warm compassionate message, ay? Yeah, Democrats should win the White House again pretty easily.

So "Paulitician" doesn't know the difference between a Republican and a libertarian. What a fucking simpleton you are

Yes Comrade, Heil Hitler

The fact you choose Walmart to represent your interests, truly says it all about you. You're worshipping evil. The Walton family thanks you very much. ;)

Isn't it a bit early to be drunk off your ass?

"The fact you choose Walmart to represent your interests" - Strawman, I never said that

"truly says it all about you" - It says nothing about me since you said it, it says you are butt stupid though

"You're worshipping evil". - Strawman

"The Walton family thanks you very much. ;)" - Whatever they get from me they earned, so they have to thank me for nothing

Heil Hitler. The Nazi party thanks you for your support in exterminating Jews and gays

So "Paulitician" doesn't know the difference between a Republican and a libertarian. What a fucking simpleton you are

Ha, still living the fantasy we'll be going back to the 1800's ay? Well guess what? I respect Ron Paul and others, but we ain't going back. It just ain't gonna happen. Big Government domination is here to stay. It's time to accept that.

Now it's important to monitor and get involved with who or what will be the beneficiaries of the massive spending. That's the only real debate left.

Ordering machines can only take you so far. So sorry, but greedy fat asses are still gonna have to pay Workers a decent wage. Time to accept that and move on.

Never said there won't be any low end jobs. We will fire some and replace them with automation and we'll fire the rest and hire the better employees we can get by paying more

Ha, still living the fantasy we'll be going back to the 1800's ay? Well guess what? I respect Ron Paul and others, but we ain't going back. It just ain't gonna happen. Big Government domination is here to stay. It's time to accept that.

Now it's important to monitor and get involved with who or what will be the beneficiaries of the massive spending. That's the only real debate left.

What are you doing with your own money to implement your ideology of paying people more than they earned?

That's hardly a universal truth. Things change.

Better to be a hammer than a nail. I hear you. But I'm too old for cynicism.

That's hardly a universal truth. Things change.

Better to be a hammer than a nail. I hear you. But I'm too old for cynicism.

The beneficiaries of government power are politicians and bureaucrats

So.... we just showed clear cut proof of our claims... and this is all you have to respond with?

Yes Comrade, Heil Hitler

I don't even know how you people can suggest such a thing. So in 'your world'™ supplying millions of Americans access to lower cost goods, and providing 2.2 Million people with jobs they otherwise would not have....... is "evil"?

Have you worked at tiny mom&pop shops? Mom and pop shops are the placed that you actually earn minimum wage and zero benefits. Mom&Pop shops don't have the capital funding to provide benefits. I worked at a Gas Station owned by the guy who literally built the building. I was paid $6/hr, and there was no paid vacation, no 401K, no stock purchase plan, no tuition reimbursement, no nothing. If you showed up, you got paid for what you worked, at $6/hr, and that was it.

Walmart pays more than minimum wage, and has all those benefits I just listed.

You idiots..... you don't know what working at a truly small business is like. Walmart is way better, and provides far more jobs. IT's just fact. I've actually worked those small business jobs, and it's not better. Not by a long shot.

So.... we just showed clear cut proof of our claims... and this is all you have to respond with?

Think Paulitician is the angry dwarf, Harry Reid himself? Or is he just a HarryReidshna do you suppose?

Forum List

Back