" I have a right not to be infected "..... Um...no... you don't actually have that right....it does not exist.

Oh I am wrong about plenty of things and will admit it every time I am.

But I was not wrong about this.

And that really bugs some people
You are so wrong and in such a prime position to endanger others with your antivax bullshit that I can hardly believe you're not making it up to screw with me.

You are so wrong and in such a prime position to endanger others with your antivax bullshit that I can hardly believe you're not making it up to screw with me.

In the UK, per 100K population, more vaccinated people are contracting Covid than unvaccinated. This has been the case for about a month now and is getting worse by the week.

It's just....true. Probably true here too, but who will report it?

Pretty much right. I'm the first person to tell the world how selfish I am.

You gotta come up with something better than that. You're just pissed because you can't use your whiny little collectivist screed to manipulate me.
You're nothing but words on a screen to me. Why would I want to manipulate someone who barely even exists?

"The 1878 Yellow Fever Epidemic In Mississippi" by Deanne ...
Feb 25, 2013 · In 1878 yellow fever struck Mississippi in July and raged until the end of November. Previous yellow fever epidemics had plagued the state, but none rivaled the far-reaching effects of this disaster. This epidemic affected towns that previously had been fever-free. Quarantine lines, oftentimes guarded with shotguns, quickly strangled commerce in the state.

Yeah.....they did what they thought was necessary. So wear a mask it is the modern day equivalent of the Mississippi shot guns.....( unless of course you think they don't work.....hint...they don't)
What they did not do is pre-emptively go to towns that they though might infect them and blow them up to avoid even the possibility of infection. This is what the left is trying to do now. Somewhere in the stream of things you accept that life comes with risks that cannot be avoided or controlled absolutely. You're right to " Not be infected " cannot be defined well enough to protect the rights of those you see as dangerous to your health. It is too much of a slippery slope and leads to insane levels of overreach.

Last edited:
In the battle against covid you are a collaborator with the enemy.

Yellow Fever decimated Philadelphia, New Orleans, NY and ports cities around the Mediterranean Sea.

Sherman skipped burning down plantations around Charleston during the civil war that had posted Smallpox Quarantine signs.

Epidemics aren't a new problem.

Yellow Fever decimated Philadelphia, New Orleans, NY and ports cities around the Mediterranean Sea.

Sherman skipped burning down plantations around Charleston during the civil war that had posted Smallpox Quarantine signs.

Epidemics aren't a new problem.
It's just been so long since we faced a major pandemic that people forgot what it means to fight one.

Yeah.....they did what they thought was necessary. So wear a mask it is the modern day equivalent of the Mississippi shot guns.....( unless of course you think they don't work.....hint...they don't)
What they did not do is pre-emptively go to towns that they though might infect them and blow them up to avoid even the possibility of infection. This is what the left is trying to do now. Somewhere in the stream of things you accept that life comes with risks that cannot be avoided or controlled absolutely.

Masks do work.. That's why they wear them in hospitals and wash their hands all the time.

Stupidity and risky behaviors also present a risk...

Yep.. and half our enlightened population would rather be rude and fight over precautions.
Rude is removing the choice of others....you are not forced to be in their presence if they are not vaccinated.
However I'd like to see you try to go out and do some grocery shopping.

JO

You have the responsibility to stay away from others if you are infectious. We as citizens have a reasonable expectation that our fellow citizens are taking reasonable precautions not to infect others. Governments have the responsibility and the legal power to defend public health. It's not exactly a right not to be infected but you certainly have no right to endanger public health.
In fact, you do not have a reasonable expectation that our fellow citizens are taking reasonable precautions. The very moment you say to anyone that "I can't miss work just because I have a cold" you give up that right.

The very fact that you don't shut everything down, and I mean everything, where the military patrol the streets and force everyone into their homes at gun point, you give up any expectation of precaution.

Through all of this there have been a core group of Americans who apparently cannot grasp the concept of public responsibility. Seems simple to most people that you don't walk around like Typhoid Mary spreading disease. Your individual liberty does not trump public safety. Never has, never will. You have a duty to your fellow citizens not to recklessly endanger them.
The funny thing about liberty and public responsibility.

If you don't want to be infected, isolate yourself from everyone. You are absolutely free to do so.

Unless, of course, you now want to make the argument that reasonable expectations are that you should be allowed to carry on with life and tell others what to do.

Rude is removing the choice of others....you are not forced to be in their presence if they are not vaccinated.
However I'd like to see you try to go out and do some grocery shopping.

JO

I go to the market twice a week., wear a mask, wash my hands.. What is your objection? I am also fully vaccinated and, I am also a citizen with some obligation towards my fellow citizens.

In fact, you do not have a reasonable expectation that our fellow citizens are taking reasonable precautions. The very moment you say to anyone that "I can't miss work just because I have a cold" you give up that right.

The very fact that you don't shut everything down, and I mean everything, where the military patrol the streets and force everyone into their homes at gun point, you give up any expectation of precaution.
I'm the boss where I work. I will absolutely send someone home if they are sick. Can't have the whole crew out sick at once. That's just how it is.

Forum List

Back