I have experiences leading me to believe there is a God

The bottom line is you and your atheist buddy's do what ever you want I am covering all my bases , death is real and it will happen....I have no desire to go to hell, would prefer a nice breakfast in heaven next to the Lord then that..

Heaven and hell are a figment of your imagination. Or do you have some proof?
What proof would you accept that could not be immediately denied by those who did not witness it?
Show me what you have. :popcorn:
Not what I asked. Would you accept something that only you could verify was true, or would you deny your own experience because it couldn't be replicated in a lab?
If it's something that happened to just me, I'd go see a doctor.
And when you checked out as completely normal? IOW, how far would you go to deny your own experience?

Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.

you're entitled to your beliefs.... leave everyone else alone
How is he harming anyone else?

Now what if I start telling you you'll go to hell if you reject dop.

If you had the power and means to make life hell for anyone , most would become devout believers in Dop and then you would be in trouble for not capitalizing his holy name..

Still, what you just said doesn't prove a god. Please try again.

Uhm... Sorry.... If it were possible for me to prove God, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? I've never claimed that I can prove God. I'm simply refuting the argument there is no God... and more specifically here, the idea that Science doesn't theorize about other dimensions where things can't be seen, examined or measured.
I never said that there is no god. Go lie down.
Me neither. How would I know?

But if I walked up to you and said dop existed. The first thing you would ask me is what is dop. When I told you it was the thing that created everything would you be agnostic or skeptical?

You would be an agnostic atheist about dop wouldn't you? You wouldn't have any reason to believe in dop but you can't say for sure.

Now what if I start telling you you'll go to hell if you reject dop.
The concept of a god sending you to hell because you didn't follow a book is too comical to be taken seriously.

I have PLENTY of scars, lol, but I never needed an invisible friend to acquire them.

The bottom line is you and your atheist buddy's do what ever you want I am covering all my bases , death is real and it will happen....I have no desire to go to hell, would prefer a nice breakfast in heaven next to the Lord then that..

What proof would you accept that could not be immediately denied by those who did not witness it?

Your not ready yet.

Everyone always says that, and they all have nothing, just like you.

Why? It should be hard? For what purpose?

To give you wisdom, to give you scars..

Wisdom and knowledge is two different things..learn the difference.

I have PLENTY of scars, lol, but I never needed an invisible friend to acquire them.

The universe waste nothing not even your soul.

How do that prove heaven or hell?

Here's one.

For years, I had been suffering deep, dark, depression, a total sense of hopelessness that made me want to die. I wouldn't kill myself, but I desperately wanted to die.

One day, after I had lost a job, I got down on my knees and desperately prayed to God to release me of my depression. It wasn't like a casual prayer, it was a total prayer, from deep in my soul, a prayer of total desperation because I had reached the end of my rope.

At the next moment, the depression was lifted, and I felt my soul liberated in a way I had never felt before.

Since that day, I have had problems, but I have never suffered the kind of deep depression and hopelessness that I had felt before.

Yes, once we stop letting our ego inform us what's good or bad, youll see that the Creator directed all if it.

Not what I asked. Would you accept something that only you could verify was true, or would you deny your own experience because it couldn't be replicated in a lab?
And when you checked out as completely normal? IOW, how far would you go to deny your own experience?
Give me am example of what kind of experience you're talking about.

How simple minded do you have to be to constantly believe that people are here to prove God, heaven and hell exist? If that were possible, we wouldn't have this thread... these kind of threads would be totally pointless.

Are you expecting someone to give you an award or praise you for making the point that no one has proven God exists? Do you really think constantly making that inane point makes you appear intelligent?

Honestly, it makes you appear nearly retarded.

To give you wisdom, to give you scars..

Wisdom and knowledge is two different things..learn the difference.

You don't have to. You just need people to want or fear these places. Wishful thinking, fear of the unknown, cognitive dissonance and gullible

You don't have to. You just need people to want or fear these places. Wishful thinking, fear of the unknown, cognitive dissonance and gullible

People should not be so locked into the few who seem to be focused on hell that they refuse to ever leave their "house" (what they know, can prove). Atheists often come across as stodgy, afraid to explore what lies beyond the physical dimension and terrified of discomfort (i.e., disease, poverty, handicaps of any kind).

People should not be so locked into the few who seem to be focused on hell that they refuse to ever leave their "house" (what they know, can prove). Atheists often come across as stodgy, afraid to explore what lies beyond the physical dimension and terrified of discomfort (i.e., disease, poverty, handicaps of any kind).

We have fully explored beyond the physical dimension and as scientists we never stop exploring.

Discomfort? I don't follow.

Here's one.

are you sure you just did not bury the reason even deeper and use "god" as the means to keep it there ... how about those that solve the problem and know that is the means for admission to the Everlasting by the accomplishment - as a freed Spirit through life's travails.

We have fully explored beyond the physical dimension and as scientists we never stop exploring.

Discomfort? I don't follow.

There seems to be a big Stop Sign for some when it comes to exploration of the spiritual dimension.

This is a train wreck of a sentence. How have we "fully explored" beyond the only dimension we are able to explore as physical beings?

The only reason we are even aware there are other dimensions is because mathematics predicts it. You cannot explore that which you cannot interact with.

Give me am example of what kind of experience you're talking about.
1. You fall under conviction of sin, take God at His word and He radically changes your life, in private, all by yourself, and you start really understanding what the Bible is teaching you. Do you think you're nuts?

2. You see God changing the lives of people all around you, but since it wasn't broadcast on CNN, you don't believe it because "that's crazy", and if you talk about it, your friends will all think you're nuts.

The bottom line question remains, would you accept as evidence something that ONLY you can verify, and how far would you go to deny your own experience?

Think about all the things that you already accept as truth that can't be verified. Heck, we send people to prison for the rest of their lives or even kill them on evidence that cannot be scientifically verified. Does it really make sense to sentence a person to prison on the basis of a handful of people who say, "Yup, he did it", but insist that millions of people over thousands of years who testify to God's existence are all lying or insane?

It goes beyond that..that's why your not ready..

This is a train wreck of a sentence. How have we "fully explored" beyond the only dimension we are able to explore as physical beings?

The only reason we are even aware there are other dimensions is because mathematics predicts it. You cannot explore that which you cannot interact with.
Haven't you ever chased a woman who doesn't want you?

Here's one.

Good for you. While i don't believe in God- or your God- I am all in favor of people finding what works for themselves- and if your faith brings you what you need- then I approve.

Haven't you ever chased a woman who doesn't want you?

Nope... never had that problem. I've had some chase after me that I didn't want. But I fail to see what that has to do with your dysfunctional sentence.

Forum List

Back