🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I have something to say and its going to piss people off but I don't care.

ThunderKiss1965

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2015
The recent wave of patriotic get em BS is aggravating. Those screaming the loudest seem to be the people with the least amount of skin in the game i.e they are not serving in the military or have children that do.

I'm all for action, but the problem with that is the average US citizen believes the fighting should be over very quickly or the troops should be brought back home. That's not the way to fight wars and, believe me, pulling out the troops before the job is done kills moral.

The average US citizen also believes the Military should fight with some sort of retarded set of gentlemanly rules. The enemy won't so we look weak and indecisive. Now I'm not talking indiscriminate killing of civilians but we need to treat the enemy as something other than someone that we are having a minor disagreement with.

Last the issue in Syria with ISIS ground troops should be sent in but with no absolute time limit on combat operations. This will not be the quick war all the chairborne generals think it will be, There will be no grand armies meeting on the honorable field of battle. This will be Urban combat some of the nastiest type of fighting there is.

So all of you calling for action remember what you're asking for when the bodies start coming home don't suddenly change your mind and decide the cost is too high.

These types love a good war. They will gladly wave the flag, and the coffins parade by. Without that they'd lose interest.

These types love a good war. They will gladly wave the flag, and the coffins parade by. Without that they'd lose interest.
I don't have a problem with sending troops to fight ISIS. My issue is with the politicians and armchair generals not letting our troops win the wars we ask them to fight.

I don't have a problem with sending troops to fight ISIS. My issue is with the politicians and armchair generals not letting our troops win the wars we ask them to fight.
Since they are usually fighting wars that were lost before they started, that is a given.

Putin's put 150,000 on the ground to back up Assad. But daily ISIS grows even stronger. They are governing territories. In Libya and Afghanistan now. So much for being JVT.

Freedom of Speech isn't just given out with Honorable Discharges.

Everyone has it already.

No one, even the OP, can take that away.

Putin's put 150,000 on the ground to back up Assad. But daily ISIS grows even stronger. They are governing territories. In Libya and Afghanistan now. So much for being JVT.
There are not 150,000 russian troops in Syria. If there were and they were allowed to fight all out ISIS would be crushed.

Since they are usually fighting wars that were lost before they started, that is a given.

That's right, have a defeatist attitude from the beginning. Paint are you a vet? Sure doesn't sound like it.

This is one of the problems with politicians running the military. Except in cases of all-out war, the military should be asked what objectives can be achieved with minimal (or at least acceptable) losses. Pie-in-the-sky directives are unfair to the people carrying them out and seldom turn out well.

For example, the Iraq invasion should have resulted in partitioning that country into several military districts that would have been easier and safer for our troops to control. Instead, our military was used as a national police force with the aim of setting up a "democratic" national government to replace Saddam Hussein. If we had maintained the autonomy of these districts until THEY decided to join a national government, we would not have seen the chaos which ensued Obama/Clinton's precipitous withdrawal for their own political purposes.

That's right, have a defeatist attitude from the beginning. Paint are you a vet? Sure doesn't sound like it.
I was never dumb enough to be cannon fodder, but I got well-paid for building their death machines.

Disagree.

Sending American conventional ground forces to Syria is exactly what ISIS wants, it will fail to 'defeat' ISIS, resulting in another failed war in the ME, a never-ending war with Americans pointlessly dying in a regional conflict/civil war we have no business participating in.

Your issue should be with politicians and armchair generals who want to send Americans to pointlessly for purely partisan reasons.

I was never dumb enough to be cannon fodder, but I got well-paid for building their death machines.

So you really have no room to say shit on the subject.
Making a living off of killing people....hypocrite.

So you really have no room to say shit on the subject.
Making a living off of killing people....hypocrite.
It's a good way to make a living, as long as you don't mind the blood on your hands. When I started to, I left.

Bullshit.

Your beef is with the chickenshithawks in the GOP but you won't say it.

Nobody is stopping troops from winning wars. But some people are NOT DECLARING WAR and are not worried about sending troops to die for bullshit reasons.

You are a bigmouth talking at the wrong people.

It's hard to win any war when you base your strategy largely on poll numbers which seems to be what we do now.

"I have something to say and its going to piss people off but I don't care."

And you're at liberty to say whatever you want.

But you need to acknowledge your faulty reasoning, understand that 'ISIS' is made up of civilian criminals and terrorists – not 'soldiers' – who will return to their hometowns and villages and kill Americans at will with sniper fire, IEDs, and car bombs, in addition to taking American soldiers captive to be held as hostages, tortured and exploited for the purpose of terrorist recruitment and to exact terrorism against the American people.

Your plan is unwarranted, devoid of merit, and doomed to failure; indeed, not only will it fail to 'defeat' ISIS, it will likely end up making them stronger.

Bullshit.

Your beef is with the chickenshithawks in the GOP but you won't say it.

Nobody is stopping troops from winning wars. But some people are NOT DECLARING WAR and are not worried about sending troops to die for bullshit reasons.

You are a bigmouth talking at the wrong people.

You're full of shit.
The chickenshit ROE are put in place by politicians for their benefit and with no regard for the safety of our troops.

Forum List

Back