🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I have something to say and its going to piss people off but I don't care.

The recent wave of patriotic get em BS is aggravating. Those screaming the loudest seem to be the people with the least amount of skin in the game i.e they are not serving in the military or have children that do.

I'm all for action, but the problem with that is the average US citizen believes the fighting should be over very quickly or the troops should be brought back home. That's not the way to fight wars and, believe me, pulling out the troops before the job is done kills moral.

The average US citizen also believes the Military should fight with some sort of retarded set of gentlemanly rules. The enemy won't so we look weak and indecisive. Now I'm not talking indiscriminate killing of civilians but we need to treat the enemy as something other than someone that we are having a minor disagreement with.

Last the issue in Syria with ISIS ground troops should be sent in but with no absolute time limit on combat operations. This will not be the quick war all the chairborne generals think it will be, There will be no grand armies meeting on the honorable field of battle. This will be Urban combat some of the nastiest type of fighting there is.

So all of you calling for action remember what you're asking for when the bodies start coming home don't suddenly change your mind and decide the cost is too high.

Well said. It's the same for law enforcement. Countless say how cops should or shouldn't do the job. Few are willing to strap on a gun and vest and go patrol a shit hole.

For the record...I'm a terror hard liner but I think the effort should be securing our homeland. Deploy Army to our borders and ports of entry...not the Middle East. Keep them out.

These types love a good war. They will gladly wave the flag, and the coffins parade by. Without that they'd lose interest.
I don't have a problem with sending troops to fight ISIS. My issue is with the politicians and armchair generals not letting our troops win the wars we ask them to fight.

This is one of the problems with politicians running the military. Except in cases of all-out war, the military should be asked what objectives can be achieved with minimal (or at least acceptable) losses. Pie-in-the-sky directives are unfair to the people carrying them out and seldom turn out well.

For example, the Iraq invasion should have resulted in partitioning that country into several military districts that would have been easier and safer for our troops to control. Instead, our military was used as a national police force with the aim of setting up a "democratic" national government to replace Saddam Hussein. If we had maintained the autonomy of these districts until THEY decided to join a national government, we would not have seen the chaos which ensued Obama/Clinton's precipitous withdrawal for their own political purposes.
I agree with your post. The US military is too often used as a police force separating belligerents. The US military was created for one reason and that is to smash things. Namely things and people that threaten this country. They happen to be very good at it. Asking them to be the fodder in between two warring factions never ends well.

These types love a good war. They will gladly wave the flag, and the coffins parade by. Without that they'd lose interest.
I don't have a problem with sending troops to fight ISIS. My issue is with the politicians and armchair generals not letting our troops win the wars we ask them to fight.
Since they are usually fighting wars that were lost before they started, that is a given.

That's right, have a defeatist attitude from the beginning. Paint are you a vet? Sure doesn't sound like it.
I was never dumb enough to be cannon fodder, but I got well-paid for building their death machines.
Dumb enough? I didn't meet to many soldiers while I was in that didn't have at least one degree or working towards one. Some of the smartest men I ever knew were the "cannon fodder" you are sneering at.

The recent wave of patriotic get em BS is aggravating. Those screaming the loudest seem to be the people with the least amount of skin in the game i.e they are not serving in the military or have children that do.

I'm all for action, but the problem with that is the average US citizen believes the fighting should be over very quickly or the troops should be brought back home. That's not the way to fight wars and, believe me, pulling out the troops before the job is done kills moral.

The average US citizen also believes the Military should fight with some sort of retarded set of gentlemanly rules. The enemy won't so we look weak and indecisive. Now I'm not talking indiscriminate killing of civilians but we need to treat the enemy as something other than someone that we are having a minor disagreement with.

Last the issue in Syria with ISIS ground troops should be sent in but with no absolute time limit on combat operations. This will not be the quick war all the chairborne generals think it will be, There will be no grand armies meeting on the honorable field of battle. This will be Urban combat some of the nastiest type of fighting there is.

So all of you calling for action remember what you're asking for when the bodies start coming home don't suddenly change your mind and decide the cost is too high.

Well said. It's the same for law enforcement. Countless say how cops should or shouldn't do the job. Few are willing to strap on a gun and vest and go patrol a shit hole.

For the record...I'm a terror hard liner but I think the effort should be securing our homeland. Deploy Army to our borders and ports of entry...not the Middle East. Keep them out.
Since they are usually fighting wars that were lost before they started, that is a given.
The politicians and whiny ass civilians lose the wars not the troops.

Wars like these are lost no matter how you fight them so, don't.

That's right, have a defeatist attitude from the beginning. Paint are you a vet? Sure doesn't sound like it.
I was never dumb enough to be cannon fodder, but I got well-paid for building their death machines.
Dumb enough? I didn't meet to many soldiers while I was in that didn't have at least one degree or working towards one. Some of the smartest men I ever knew were the "cannon fodder" you are sneering at.

too

This thread is completely baseless. The US has no right or legal justification for inserting troops into Syria and doing so would undoubtedly be met with resistance from the governing authority in Syria and by extension the Russians and Iranians. If the US government really wanted put an end to ISIS in Syria they would have long ago put diplomatic pressure on NATO ally Turkey and also our Gulf Coast partners to end their material support for ISIS. As Russia is demonstrating, the ground troops are already on the ground, in the form of the Syrian army.

Ignore that retard. He's the most bitter hateful leftist on this forum and he lies about his status in society.

Wars like these are lost no matter how you fight them so, don't.

So we should just kiss Islam's ass and convert right??

This war would end immediately if THEY ended it. THEY are the ones bringing the fight. And now...it's not just Marines and soldiers storming a beach. It's street cops in gunfights with these animals in California and Texas and New York and Tennessee and Boston and Arkansas and........the list goes on and will keep growing.

They are bringing the fight. Not us.

Nobody is stopping troops from winning wars. But some people are NOT DECLARING WAR and are not worried about sending troops to die for bullshit reasons.
Does Obama's rule of engagement of don't shoot until you're shot at first sound familiar?

Nobody is stopping troops from winning wars. But some people are NOT DECLARING WAR and are not worried about sending troops to die for bullshit reasons.
Does Obama's rule of engagement of don't shoot until you're shot at first sound familiar?

They also cannot do raids at night and must advertise the raid 24 hours in advance so locals can leave. Seriously.

If American police had the same rules of engagement as the Obama Admin had put on our military....half would quit and the criminals would run this country. It's no surprise Iraq and the surrounding region is in chaos and ISIS took over.

Obamas ROE would fail at LAPD. And that motherfucker tried to apply it to a WAR ZONE??!!!

yes because of what he said that you replied to...what part of that do you not get?

They also cannot do raids at night and must advertise the raid 24 hours in advance so locals can leave. Seriously.

If American police had the same rules of engagement as the Obama Admin had put on our military....half would quit and the criminals would run this country. It's no surprise Iraq and the surrounding region is in chaos and ISIS took over.

Obamas ROE would fail at LAPD. And that motherfucker tried to apply it to a WAR ZONE??!!!
I know. There is no reason for it other than to get our boys killed. I hope President Trump or Cruz has Obama tried for treason against the United States.

I would have been content to leave the ME frankly, but when they're attacking us (and our ally nations) on our own soil, I get irritated. The US has enough fruit loop American's murdering American's we have to put up with as it is, I've no patience for foreigners joining that fray. ~shrug~

Lee Harvey Oswald and Tim McVeigh and friends all served.

Serving does not make one patriotic.

Many people join in order to get out of home or trouble or...

please

Forum List

Back