I honestly want to know. Why do some of you intelligent, thoughtful and logical people support Biden?

Wealth is not created through tax brakes. Name me one person that ever became wealthy because of taxes.

Wealth is created through hard work and investments for the most part. Sure, you will find scant individuals who hit the lottery, won a huge lawsuit, or otherwise handed down money, but money doesn't come from any tax breaks.

The top 10% of wage earners in this country pay 71% of all collected income taxes. If 71% is not their fair share, what is?

In the meantime nearly half of our population pay no actual income taxes at all. I don't mean sales taxes or payroll taxes you get after you retire, I'm talking about income tax, the money that our Congress spends on all federal agencies and social programs outside of SS, disability and Medicare.

Our gap is getting wider because there are simply more things to buy today than lets say 40 years ago. Next week you will happily send your money to the top like everybody else. You will buy gasoline for your car, pay your cable or internet bill, stop at McDonald's for a big mac combo. But one way or another you will transfer your money to the top, and likely several times next week.

So the solution to your dilemma is not taxing the rich. All that does is give Congress more money to waste. The solution to your problem is quit sending your money to the top. The Amish and Quakers don't, why can't you? Take public transportation, get a landline phone instead of your cell phone, use wood for fires to cook and keep warm during the winter, get rid of your internet and write letters and pay with checks through snail mail. But don't send your money to the top and then complain they have too much because you are part of the problem, not taxation.
Wow! Okay then I'll join the Amish and I'll spread the word to everyone I know. There have been a hundred ways that the top earners have justified the injustice. The uber wealthy do things like pay themselves low wages while diverting actual income that should be taxed to investments etc. You can cook those numbers any way you want. Go right on believing what you are told by those who make the rules. That's why we are where we are. Ever wonder why the top 10% are obsessed with capital gains and making them go poof? Because they've directed huge parts of their actual income to property and equities etc. They sell the Bullshit and you stock up on it. If they were made to pay tax on their ACTUAL income like the rest of us, we would have a much larger budget. That's the real bottom line.

Last edited:
I truly would like to understand your thinking.
I have no argument with you regarding Trump being a braggart. A loud mouth. All those adjectives you come up with. But in my 60 years of working with bosses, the few that accomplished anything, i.e. got things done were like Trump! And Trump in 3 years because COVID devoured almost all of 2020 news, lives, etc. got things done!
Attached is a list of things Obama wanted and Biden wanted and some are happening now.
So I'm asking those few of you that look beyond the peccadilloes of Trump. Beyond his bragging, etc. and tell me how has Biden with 47 years of political experiences helped the country?
1) Look at today's gas prices: A year ago nationally $2.152... Today nationally $3.321 a $1.169 increase on 54%!

View attachment 553451
Why? look at the attached chart: Obama stopped for all purposes signing and Trump was increasing!
And these are just two charts showing the affect of Obama/Biden on our economy after Trump had done something that hadn't been done for 62 years by other presidents!
The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957
So gas prices affect EVERYONE here but the attached sheet shows MORE ways Obama now Biden want to shut down our economy!
Why would any president want companies to go bankrupt? Obama did.
Why would any president want 500,000 people let go from 1,400 companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes?
Why would any president want 34 million barrels of oil per month floating on the open ocean?
Truly those of you that I mentioned earlier that have some intelligence. Can't you look beyond the petty foibles of Trump and see HE GOT THINGS done in just 3 years! And by the way... some of you that are vaccinated... it was Trump's Operation Warp speed that got the FDA going to start in late 2020 vaccinations. Totally done by Trump!
View attachment 553453

View attachment 553454
I'd like to know why gophers like you continue to support a communist loving traitor like Trump.
Biden was the communist until weeks ago but now you changed to Trump. His praising of putin should have had him jailed immediately.
But no. If Biden had said that you would be bellowing for blood. You hypocrite.

I honestly want to know. Why do some of you intelligent, thoughtful and logical people support Biden?​

Idiotic -

No one like that supports any Democrat.

I'd like to know why gophers like you continue to support a communist loving traitor like Trump.
Biden was the communist until weeks ago but now you changed to Trump. His praising of putin should have had him jailed immediately.
But no. If Biden had said that you would be bellowing for blood. You hypocrite.

Not really because we Republicans read the US Constitution, something you apparently never did.

Trump never praised Putin, he just said what Putin did was smart, meaning for what his goals were. He never would have pulled this stunt on President Trump and waited until our leadership was weak enough where he knew the US would never retaliate in any real way. It think that was pretty smart of him as well and I hate the guy.

Wow! Okay then I'll join the Amish and I'll spread the word to everyone I know. There have been a hundred ways that the top earners have justified the injustice. The uber wealthy do things like pay themselves low wages while diverting actual income that should be taxed to investments etc. You can cook those numbers any way you want. Go right on believing what you are told by those who make the rules. That's why we are where we are. Ever wonder why the top 10% are obsessed with capital gains and making them go poof? Because they've directed huge parts of their actual income to property and equities etc. They sell the Bullshit and you stock up on it. If they were made to pay tax on their ACTUAL income like the rest of us, we would have a much larger budget. That's the real bottom line.

If they'd quit wasting money we'd have a better bottom line. Rand Paul posts a list of wasteful spending every year. You should read it.

All the tax breaks businesses get are legal. They are designed to keep our country running the way it does. If you don't have capital gains taxes, people are less likely to invest, and investments is how money is created.

As far as pay goes, an employer is only going to pay what they have to in order to get work done. Why would he or she pay an employee $20.00 an hour when they can get an employee to do the same work for $15.00 an hour? you can say because it's the right thing to do, but if you and I both owned widget companies, and I paid my employees what I could get them for, and you pay your employees twice as much as I do, what do you think will happen when we both go to sell our widgets to Amazon? I will put you out of business because I can sell my widgets at half the price that you charge. Okay, so what if we both get together and decide we won't compete so all of our employees could make more money? Some Chinese company will come in and sell widgets for half the price as we do.

You can't complain about how businesses pay their employees because you and I both do the same thing. If we need a major plumbing job, don't you get three estimates? How about getting the transmission rebuilt on your car? How about your lawn care company? We all look to pay the least for labor provided they do the same quality of work that somebody more expensive does. Businesses do the exact same.

If they'd quit wasting money we'd have a better bottom line. Rand Paul posts a list of wasteful spending every year. You should read it.

All the tax breaks businesses get are legal. They are designed to keep our country running the way it does. If you don't have capital gains taxes, people are less likely to invest, and investments is how money is created.

As far as pay goes, an employer is only going to pay what they have to in order to get work done. Why would he or she pay an employee $20.00 an hour when they can get an employee to do the same work for $15.00 an hour? you can say because it's the right thing to do, but if you and I both owned widget companies, and I paid my employees what I could get them for, and you pay your employees twice as much as I do, what do you think will happen when we both go to sell our widgets to Amazon? I will put you out of business because I can sell my widgets at half the price that you charge. Okay, so what if we both get together and decide we won't compete so all of our employees could make more money? Some Chinese company will come in and sell widgets for half the price as we do.

You can't complain about how businesses pay their employees because you and I both do the same thing. If we need a major plumbing job, don't you get three estimates? How about getting the transmission rebuilt on your car? How about your lawn care company? We all look to pay the least for labor provided they do the same quality of work that somebody more expensive does. Businesses do the exact same.
That is always a line item in every fed budget. Happens on both sides. That doesn't address the subject of unfair taxation policy. You said nobody gets rich from taxes. Quite naive statement because, again, that's not the point. Many get wealthier by avoiding taxes and making policy that only applies to the middle class like the expiration of the Trump Cuts. It's an uneven playing field. And you support it with every post. There's a sucker born every minute. I no longer want to debate you on something that you are just going to ignore and make silly excuses about. Good luck with all that and do some research. It's never as simple as you'd like it to be.

Why do some of you intelligent, thoughtful and logical people support Biden?​

Intelligent, thoughtful, and logical people don't support Biden.

I truly would like to understand your thinking.
I have no argument with you regarding Trump being a braggart. A loud mouth. All those adjectives you come up with. But in my 60 years of working with bosses, the few that accomplished anything, i.e. got things done were like Trump! And Trump in 3 years because COVID devoured almost all of 2020 news, lives, etc. got things done!
Attached is a list of things Obama wanted and Biden wanted and some are happening now.
So I'm asking those few of you that look beyond the peccadilloes of Trump. Beyond his bragging, etc. and tell me how has Biden with 47 years of political experiences helped the country?
1) Look at today's gas prices: A year ago nationally $2.152... Today nationally $3.321 a $1.169 increase on 54%!

View attachment 553451
Why? look at the attached chart: Obama stopped for all purposes signing and Trump was increasing!
And these are just two charts showing the affect of Obama/Biden on our economy after Trump had done something that hadn't been done for 62 years by other presidents!
The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957
So gas prices affect EVERYONE here but the attached sheet shows MORE ways Obama now Biden want to shut down our economy!
Why would any president want companies to go bankrupt? Obama did.
Why would any president want 500,000 people let go from 1,400 companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes?
Why would any president want 34 million barrels of oil per month floating on the open ocean?
Truly those of you that I mentioned earlier that have some intelligence. Can't you look beyond the petty foibles of Trump and see HE GOT THINGS done in just 3 years! And by the way... some of you that are vaccinated... it was Trump's Operation Warp speed that got the FDA going to start in late 2020 vaccinations. Totally done by Trump!
View attachment 553453

View attachment 553454
Because they are just as dumb as Biden is

That is always a line item in every fed budget. Happens on both sides. That doesn't address the subject of unfair taxation policy. You said nobody gets rich from taxes. Quite naive statement because, again, that's not the point. Many get wealthier by avoiding taxes and making policy that only applies to the middle class like the expiration of the Trump Cuts. It's an uneven playing field. And you support it with every post. There's a sucker born every minute. I no longer want to debate you on something that you are just going to ignore and make silly excuses about. Good luck with all that and do some research. It's never as simple as you'd like it to be.

Well that's pretty much what I meant, nobody is getting rich on tax cuts. You failed to answer my earlier question: If the top 10% of wage earners in this country are paying 71% of all collected income taxes and that's not enough, what should they be paying? The top 20% are paying nearly 80% of all collected income taxes. If you wanted to keep your tax cut, you should have voted Republican. That's why both parties have expiration dates on their policies.

Thomas Sowell.jpeg

Well that's pretty much what I meant, nobody is getting rich on tax cuts. You failed to answer my earlier question: If the top 10% of wage earners in this country are paying 71% of all collected income taxes and that's not enough, what should they be paying? The top 20% are paying nearly 80% of all collected income taxes. If you wanted to keep your tax cut, you should have voted Republican. That's why both parties have expiration dates on their policies.

View attachment 610657
Maybe this will help. My guess, it won't because you're stuck on an immovable position taught to you by the aristocracy. Fact Sheet: Taxing Wealthy Americans - Americans For Tax Fairness

Maybe this will help. My guess, it won't because you're stuck on an immovable position taught to you by the aristocracy. Fact Sheet: Taxing Wealthy Americans - Americans For Tax Fairness

Nothing factual about it. As soon as I read the wealthy used to pay 91% in in fedral taxes I knew it was FOS. Combined with state and local taxes, that would mean a wealthy person or successful business owner would be paying around 95% of everything they earned. Hardly makes it worth acquiring wealth or maintaining or creating a business. Nobody wants to bring home 5% of everything they earn.

It was a marginal tax rate, not an effective tax rate. Nobody ever paid that kind of money in taxes.

In any case you once avoided my question. Don't feel bad, most wealth haters do. But the truth of the matter is if we could take every poor person in this country, put them on an island somewhere, they would hardly be missed, in fact not missed at all. If we did the same with every wealthy person in this country, our country would collapse. You're never going to work for a poor person, and none of your investments will grow with them either.

Nothing factual about it. As soon as I read the wealthy used to pay 91% in in fedral taxes I knew it was FOS. Combined with state and local taxes, that would mean a wealthy person or successful business owner would be paying around 95% of everything they earned. Hardly makes it worth acquiring wealth or maintaining or creating a business. Nobody wants to bring home 5% of everything they earn.

It was a marginal tax rate, not an effective tax rate. Nobody ever paid that kind of money in taxes.

In any case you once avoided my question. Don't feel bad, most wealth haters do. But the truth of the matter is if we could take every poor person in this country, put them on an island somewhere, they would hardly be missed, in fact not missed at all. If we did the same with every wealthy person in this country, our country would collapse. You're never going to work for a poor person, and none of your investments will grow with them either.
Yes I know it was a marginal rate. But it tells the story that you simply refuse to acknowledge. More silly scenarios to cover your stupidity. You understand nothing. I'm tired of trying to educate you so run along and go play with your guns. It makes you look so masculine! Fool.

Job numbers are in for February. Over 650,000. Almost 7,000,000 new jobs created in his first 13 months. More than double of the jobs created under Trump in that same time period. Not bad. Not Bad. Largest numbers in a month since the start of the Pandemic.

Forum List

Back