...I just realized Lincoln was the Hitler of the 19th century.

Amazing how the man the South itself claimed was Anti-Slavery and the party they billed as Anti-slavery, never "gave a damn about the slaves."

Makesyawonder, huh?

Lincoln was anti-slavery, but not for a good reason. He not only opposed black people moving into the western territories, he opposed black people in the country at all. He wanted the work that slaves would normally do for free white people to have and be paid for, and he wanted to deport all African-Americans out of the country.

He wasn't President in April of 1861?
The first shots were fired in January of 1861.

Buchanan was President and he was trying to resupply Sumter.

They took a ship and seized it as well, "The Marion."

Then converted her to a Man of War ship.

Star of the West

Yes, the first shots were fired even before Lincoln was president.

The Fort Sumter incident seen as the spark that started the war, however, occurred in April. Lincoln needed this incident because he knew northern public sentiment was against war, and he had every intention of invading the south.
It was the major opening blow, but history records the first shots as being well before that event.

The South FIRED UPON THE UNION SHIPS IN JANUARY of 1861, and warned any attempt to supply the Forts would be considered an Act of War.

THEY started, even before Lincoln set foot in the Office of the Presidency.

The first shots were fired in January of 1861.

Buchanan was President and he was trying to resupply Sumter.

They took a ship and seized it as well, "The Marion."

Then converted her to a Man of War ship.

Star of the West

Yes, the first shots were fired even before Lincoln was president.

The Fort Sumter incident seen as the spark that started the war, however, occurred in April. Lincoln needed this incident because he knew northern public sentiment was against war, and he had every intention of invading the south.
It was the major opening blow, but history records the first shots as being well before that event.

The South FIRED UPON THE UNION SHIPS IN JANUARY of 1861, and warned any attempt to supply the Forts would be considered an Act of War.

Yes, but I'm not sure what your point is, unless you're trying to make my point? Lincoln knew they'd take it as an act of war, and he used that to start the war.

Congratulations, JBeukema. You understand, Big red fonty and all, what an astute politician says to assuage to drumbeats of war.

You should pat yourself on the back.

Oh, so those were his lies. :rolleyes:
His legacy will not be diminished, KK.

lincoln_memorial_02.jpg

No matter how much you rattle and whine.

History made his place at the Eternal Table.

Yes, but I'm not sure what your point is, unless you're trying to make my point? Lincoln knew they'd take it as an act of war, and he used that to start the war.
The South - THEY STARTED THE WAR.

Well before Lincoln.

They shot. They Stole Federal property. THEY made their bed.

They lied in it.

To your eternal regret. To this Country's blessed Salvation.

THANK YOU ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Congratulations, JBeukema. You understand, Big red fonty and all, what an astute politician says to assuage to drumbeats of war.

You should pat yourself on the back.

Oh, so those were his lies. :rolleyes:
His legacy will not be diminished, KK.

lincoln_memorial_02.jpg

No matter how much you rattle and whine.

History made his place at the Eternal Table.

I'm well aware. People like to believe a false view of history because it makes Lincoln out to be a great hero. We as people like to believe in heroes. Heroes like Luke Skywalker, Frodo Baggins, Hercules, Robin Hood, etc... But these heroes, like our idea of Lincoln, are works of fiction.

Well before Lincoln.

They lied in it.

Lincoln forced them to start the war, because he wanted the war.

I'm well aware. People like to believe a false view of history because it makes Lincoln out to be a great hero. We as people like to believe in heroes. Heroes like Luke Skywalker, Frodo Baggins, Hercules, Robin Hood, etc... But these heroes, like our idea of Lincoln, are works of fiction.
Four million men, women and children in bondage - freed - is not fiction KK.

K.

Well before Lincoln.

They lied in it.

How could Lincoln make the South fire upon Federal ships in January 1861 Kevin?

K.

And how many people had to die for that to allegedly happen? And I say allegedly because, again, I don't believe for a second the war was fought to free these people. Lincoln's own words make that clear. Did the war speed up the process by which they were freed? Yes, and that's certainly a good thing. But why were we the only nation that allegedly had to fight a war to accomplish this? Every other civilized country freed their slaves peacefully.

You clearly have no idea how the Constitution doles out power. I'm not going to bother explaining it again, however. I've probably done so a few times in this thread already.

Kevin, your belief is not evidence, it is merely fail.

The words of the Constitution itself, however, are evidence. And that has been posted in this thread multiple times I believe.

You refuse to accept the fact the Constitution does not support your belief. So what, you are wrong.

Well before Lincoln.

They lied in it.

How could Lincoln make the South fire upon Federal ships in January 1861 Kevin?

I'm obviously referring to the April Ft. Sumter incident, where Lincoln belligerently tried to resupply knowing full well the south would attack giving him the excuse he needed to go to war.

Kevin, this is unimportant in and of itself. Lincoln knew that the South was bent on war, knew all he had to do was wait, knew that the northern Democrats would support him when the South acted stupidly. They were, he did, and they did.

K.

And how many people had to die for that to allegedly happen? And I say allegedly because, again, I don't believe for a second the war was fought to free these people. Lincoln's own words make that clear. Did the war speed up the process by which they were freed? Yes, and that's certainly a good thing. But why were we the only nation that allegedly had to fight a war to accomplish this? Every other civilized country freed their slaves peacefully.
Because the South loved their slaves. Simple.

They would not give them up without a fight. Lazy Southerners needed someone to do their work for them and make them feel superior.

Lots of them still feel this way.

Kevin, this is unimportant in and of itself. Lincoln knew that the South was bent on war, knew all he had to do was wait, knew that the northern Democrats would support him when the South acted stupidly. They were, he did, and they did.

Apparently you've never heard of the "Peace Democrats," also known as the "Copperheads." And I think it's pretty clear that the south was not going to attack without provocation, as evidenced by the fact that they didn't.

Forum List

Back